9/15: Day 10: MGM, Epcot and home.

tc

<font color=blue>Miracles are amazing!<br><font co
Me: tc (Kelli) 41 and major Disney lover
Stephen: DH, puts up with my obsession

Sunday, September 15, 2002

Today we had to go home. I was so sad. Stephen does not understand this. He likes vacation, but never gets bummed when it's over. Anyway, we were up early to pack. We were going to do the express checkout, but we never got a reciept under our door. The only thing we charged were a few phone calls using my calling card. But it should have been about $10. We took our bags downstairs and Stephen took them to bell services. I went to check on our bill. I stated that we didn't get it under our door. The nice cm said we had no charges. I told her we used the phone and she replied that, sometimes, when the charges are nominal, a little pixie dust is sprinkled and they disappear. Although it was only $10, it was a pleasant surprise.

We walked to MGM (I never talked Stephen into deviating from the plan and getting that picture. He had his heart set on RnR once more time). We arrived at MGM at 9:15 and rode RnR 3 times. Then off to ToT. We were in our elevator with 4 other people, and first-timers. It was so funny to hear their screams and what they say.

We walked over to Muppets and then left MGM. We walked by the well near Indiana Jones to pull the rope. I love the responses when we do this.

We took the boat to Epcot and went to Canada. There was a sweatshirt Stephen wanted and I had finally talked him into buying it. The cm's in Canada are always so nice. We had hoped to catch Off Kilter again, but they had the day off and another band was playing. It was nearing lunchtime, so we headed to Japan, Yakatori House, to eat. We started our vacation here, and were now ending it here. Kind of bookended this trip. Can you believe we got a Kaki Gori after that? Stephen got to eat the last 1/2 of mine. We wandered the rest of the way around WS, just people watching. Stephen considered getting a frozen Margarita (we aren't drinkers, but he had wanted to get something all week). However, when we approached Mexico and he saw they were $7.95, he decided he didn't want one afterall. Have I said before how tight he is with his money??

We walked through the two gift shops at the WS entrance, and then headed back to the Beach Club. We had one more item to pick up that we had purchased at a park and had sent to our resort. It took an extra day, and I was getting nervous. It arrived, however, and I was relieved. We had bell services get our bags, and we went out front to wait for our Mears Shuttle. It came on time, 2:30, and whisked us off to the airport. We were checked in my 3:45 and our flight didn't leave till 5:10. We found a food court (not very good at this airport) and Stephen ate (he didn't eat in Japan). I got a fountain Dr. Pepper, it tasted so good.

Our flight was uneventful. We changed planes in Minn/St. Paul, and had a two hour layover. This is a beautiful airport. Tons of shops and places to eat. We ate at McD and then bought Kimmi a coffee cup that said Minnesota on it. For some reason she loves Minnesota as much as Canada, and she's never been to either. Our flight left at 9:20 and we arrived at DIA at 10:30. Kimmi was there at baggage claim waiting for us. I was a little nervous because she has never driven to the airport and parked, but she did it fine. There was a delay in getting our luggage, so we didn't leave DIA till 11:30 or so. It's an hour drive home, so we were in bed at 1:00 a.m.

When I made these plane ressies, it sounded like a good idea to leave WDW in the afternoon. However, Monday morning when we both had to get up and go to work, it didn't seem like such a good idea.

We had a very good time, and, for the most part, very relaxing. Some days hardly riding a ride. We take our girls (21 and 20) January 1-7 for their Christmas present. I imagine that trip will be a little more hectic. They haven't been since June 2000.

Thanks for reading. :)

Thanks so much for posting your trip reports. You have been busy today, and I have enjoyed reading about every minute of your adventure. I'm so glad that you and DH had a wonderful time despite some inclement weather. And you got to meet some wonderful DISers along the way.

I hope that our paths cross at WDW someday. Or perhaps I'll come visit my cousin in Longmont. Who knows what the future will bring.

Thanks for cheering me up on an otherwise dreary (and rainy) NE Ohio day.

It's a dreary day here in Colorado too. It's been fun reliving a great vacation. Thanks for the kind words. If you're ever in Longmont, please let me know!

Thank you so much for sharing your trip reports!

Going to work the morning afte a late flight is very hard! I know! We just returned from an Alaskan cruise on Tuesday, and arrived home at 11 Pm, only to get up for work on wednesday morning!

Our WDW trip in December, we opted to return home on Saturday night, so we have sunday to recuperate! We miss a potential day at WDW, but I thinnk I will save my sanity by cutting it short!

:D Thanks for posting your report! It has been a lot of fun to read. It sounds like you had a wonderful trip.

Thanks for taking the time to post your reports!

It has been fun reading them!

Thanks again for sharing!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter