7 Night Eastern on Fantasy Dining Menus

Angelamarya17

Earning My Ears
Hi everyone! It’s been a few years since I did a 7 night Eastern Carribean on the Fantasy and our booking window opened, so I am trying to decide what night to book Palo dinner. I know after the first 3 nights, the menus are unique to the theme for that night, and last time there was night that they did lobster tail and I definitely don’t want to miss that. Does anyone know if they keep the same schedule of what night is what menu? And if so, does anyone know what the menus would be nights 4-7? I can even google the menus, just wanting to know if say night 4 is the Captain’s dinner menu or the Pirate menu for example. Thanks!!!

Hi everyone! It’s been a few years since I did a 7 night Eastern Carribean on the Fantasy and our booking window opened, so I am trying to decide what night to book Palo dinner. I know after the first 3 nights, the menus are unique to the theme for that night, and last time there was night that they did lobster tail and I definitely don’t want to miss that. Does anyone know if they keep the same schedule of what night is what menu? And if so, does anyone know what the menus would be nights 4-7? I can even google the menus, just wanting to know if say night 4 is the Captain’s dinner menu or the Pirate menu for example. Thanks!!!
https://disneycruiselineblog.com/menus/
This has been the rotations in the past, don't know for sure it's still true:
FANTASY (lbgraves) 8/17/14

Western A/Eastern A/Eastern B/Eastern C:
RAERAER
AERAERA
ERAERAE
Night 1 - Rotation menu /Crush if in AP
Night 2 - Rotation menu [formal night] /Crush if in AP
Night 3 - Rotation menu /Crush if in AP
Night 4 - Pirate menu
Night 5 - Prince & Princess menu / Animation Magic if in AP
Night 6 - Captain's Gala [semiformal night] / Animation Magic if in AP
Night 7 - See You Real Soon menu / Animation Magic if in AP

It's not still true. The menus don't work like that anymore. Instead, each of the main restaurants has two menus that are exclusive to that restaurant. You'll eat at each restaurant twice, and you'll have a third night at one of them for the pirate menu (or some other special menu, such as Star Wars). An example eastern cruise:

Night 1 - Rotation #1 (AP)
Night 2 - Rotation #1 (EG)
Night 3 - Rotation #1 (RC)
Night 4 - Rotation #2 (Animation Magic @ AP)
Night 5 - Rotation #2 (Prince & Princess @ EG)
Night 6 - Star Wars
Night 7 - Rotation #2 (Captain's Gala @ RC)

I'm not sure which restaurant you would be at for Star Wars Dat at Sea.

Anyway, the point is that there are no more ship-wide theme menus. You'll always have Animation Magic at AP, which is now a full menu instead of just starters, you'll always have Prince & Princess at EG, and you'll always have Captain's Gala at RC. So, if you want to plan around Captain's Gala for lobsters, then you'll want to request a specific dining rotation and then plan Palo around that. You might not get your requested rotation, but that's probably the best that you can do.

It's been like this since at least 2019, but probably longer than that. The DCL Blog says that the full Animation Magic menu was born in 2018, so that's probably when they changed everything to the current system.

It's not still true. The menus don't work like that anymore. Instead, each of the main restaurants has two menus that are exclusive to that restaurant. You'll eat at each restaurant twice, and you'll have a third night at one of them for the pirate menu (or some other special menu, such as Star Wars). An example eastern cruise:

Night 6 - Star Wars

Anyway, the point is that there are no more ship-wide theme menus. You'll always have Animation Magic at AP, which is now a full menu instead of just starters, you'll always have Prince & Princess at EG, and you'll always have Captain's Gala at RC. So, if you want to plan around Captain's Gala for lobsters, then you'll want to request a specific dining rotation and then plan Palo around that. You might not get your requested rotation, but that's probably the best that you can do.

It's been like this since at least 2019, but probably longer than that. The DCL Blog says that the full Animation Magic menu was born in 2018, so that's probably when they changed everything to the current system.
Would it be different if it's not a Star Wars cruise? What do they do on night 6?

Would it be different if it's not a Star Wars cruise? What do they do on night 6?

I think you'd get pirate night on night #5 and then go back to the second rotation menus on night #6. That's what we had in December, 2019.

Thanks everyone! I called CS too and asked but all they have is the attire for each night, not what menu it will be.

We did SWDAS 1/15-1/22. It was supposed to be an Eastern (San Juan & St. Maarten) but got changed to a Western.

Here was our dining rotation & menus:

Saturday: Enchanted Garden - Signature menu (cruise casual)
Sunday: Royal Court - Signature menu (cruise casual)
Monday: Animators Palate - Signature menu (formal)
Tuesday: Animators Palate - SWDAS menu (cruise casual)
Wednesday: Enchanted Garden: Prince & Princess menu (cruise casual - this was also a light pirate night)
Thursday: Royal Court - Captain's Gala menu (semi-formal)
Friday: Animators Palate - Animation Magic menu (cruise casual)

ETA: dress codes for each night

Last edited:

Thanks everyone! I called CS too and asked but all they have is the attire for each night, not what menu it will be.
My wife was just reading the night-by-night to me earlier, and it sounds like she may have found an outdated one, I'll have to look more carefully tomorrow.

What did they tell you at least for the attire for each night? We're going on the 4/16-4/23. The nightly attire would be pretty helpful at least (although I guess each cruise could be different 🤷🏻‍♂️).

Ok, looks like this is becoming two threads (menus and attire) into one.

What @Kwami and @jenuskask8s have said has been the norm since 2019 or so.

• On the first 3 times at a restaurant, you get the "base" rotational menu for that restaurant
  • On the following 3 nights, you get the "assigned" themed menu for that restaurant:
    • Captain's Gala (aka Lobster Night) whenever you'll be in Royal Court
    • Princes and Princesses whenever you'll be in Enchanted Garden
    • Animator's Magic (formerly See Ya Real Soon menu) whenever you'll be in Animator's Palate
  • As there are 7 nights, one of the night will feature a special menu - on the Fantasy - Pirates, except during Star Wars cruise where you have a Star Wars menu
Formal night, is not restaurant specific, it is night specific (usually on the 1st day at sea - or Nassau with some of the recent itinerary changes)
Pirate Night is usually around night #4. So that you do not miss one of the above menus, you will be in the same restaurant on consecutive nights. Star Wars cruise always have the special menu/night on night #6
Semi-formal is usually on night #5.

There is no "mandatory" attire in main dining room (cruise casual) but you can indeed dress up. Your dining rotation will be made available to you once you board the ship. It is not a matter of if you will go to all of these restaurants, but when...

We did SWDAS 1/15-1/22. It was supposed to be an Eastern (San Juan & St. Maarten) but got changed to a Western.

Here was our dining rotation & menus:

Saturday: Enchanted Garden - Signature menu (cruise casual)
Sunday: Royal Court - Signature menu (cruise casual)
Monday: Animators Palate - Signature menu (formal)
Tuesday: Animators Palate - SWDAS menu (cruise casual)
Wednesday: Enchanted Garden: Prince & Princess menu (cruise casual - this was also a light pirate night)
Thursday: Royal Court - Captain's Gala menu (semi-formal)
Friday: Animators Palate - Animation Magic menu (cruise casual)

ETA: dress codes for each night

Any chance you can expand on what happened on "light pirate" night? thanks!

The attire that the CS rep quoted me yesterday matched the 1/15-1/22 cruise above except mine is not a SWDAS cruise so the optional pirate dressed themed night is night 4.

Night 6 - Star Wars

I requested to start at Royal Court, because it’s my favorite menu. Do you know what the rotation order is when starting there? Thanks!

Hi
is animator doing its show on the first night you go or the second ?
i know only one has the show

i booked palo on the Monday night ( eastern ) am I most likely not to miss anything special ?

Hi
is animator doing its show on the first night you go or the second ?
i know only one has the show

i booked palo on the Monday night ( eastern ) am I most likely not to miss anything special ?
The first night at AP is the thing where Crush talks to you. The second night at AP is the character drawing and animation.

I believe the rotations for the 7 night go 1231231 with 2nd (1) is pirate night so if your rotation is AERAERA then you’ll get crush night 1, pirate night in animators and last night would be Animation Magic etc.

I believe the rotations for the 7 night go 1231231 with 2nd (1) is pirate night so if your rotation is AERAERA then you’ll get crush night 1, pirate night in animators and last night would be Animation Magic etc.
That's how it was last September on our 7-night, as well as for our upcoming cruise in November (I got the rotation from Shoreside).

Ok, looks like this is becoming two threads (menus and attire) into one.

What @Kwami and @jenuskask8s have said has been the norm since 2019 or so.

• On the first 3 times at a restaurant, you get the "base" rotational menu for that restaurant
  • On the following 3 nights, you get the "assigned" themed menu for that restaurant:
    • Captain's Gala (aka Lobster Night) whenever you'll be in Royal Court
    • Princes and Princesses whenever you'll be in Enchanted Garden
    • Animator's Magic (formerly See Ya Real Soon menu) whenever you'll be in Animator's Palate
  • As there are 7 nights, one of the night will feature a special menu - on the Fantasy - Pirates, except during Star Wars cruise where you have a Star Wars menu
Formal night, is not restaurant specific, it is night specific (usually on the 1st day at sea - or Nassau with some of the recent itinerary changes)
Pirate Night is usually around night #4. So that you do not miss one of the above menus, you will be in the same restaurant on consecutive nights. Star Wars cruise always have the special menu/night on night #6
Semi-formal is usually on night #5.

There is no "mandatory" attire in main dining room (cruise casual) but you can indeed dress up. Your dining rotation will be made available to you once you board the ship. It is not a matter of if you will go to all of these restaurants, but when...
Do you happen to have any of the menus from the nights your repeat at the restaurants? I can find first night menu online but not any repeat nights. Just curious!

Do you happen to have any of the menus from the nights your repeat at the restaurants? I can find first night menu online but not any repeat nights. Just curious!
Search for Animation Magic, Captain's Gala, and Prince and Princess. Those are the 2nd menus for the MDRs on the Fantasy. I know Disney Cruise Line Blog has them, I just looked at them the other day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter