7/9/11 - Summer Magic in the Med

Been watching airfare very closely especially the direct flight out of Atlanta on Delta just waiting for the price to drop. Found a really good deal on expedia $600 a person one catch though you change planes and airlines seven times. It's a world tour just to get there and if you fly with your luggage it's not going to make it. At that price though I'm tempted to ship the luggage and pray we make every connection.

Melissa

I'm hearing that traveling over on the same day as embarkation is not the best because of jet lag. Suggestions vary from arriving one (1) up to even three (3) days ahead to reset the body clock.

Your thoughts on this?

Also, where have people stayed and do you recommend?

Thanks

We stayed at the Rennaisance near the Airport. It was nice. We took their shuttle back to the airport and the Disney shuttle to the cruise the day of. Jetlag is an issue - especially for kids. I'd try and go at least two days ahead of the cruise. I think we're going to do three this time. Barcelona has a great Hop-on-Hop-off bus tour.

Jeff

New pictures of castaways and new content have been added to the thread website. Ping me if you don't have the address.

ohmom - Love the picture with the Mad Hatter.

That would make for a long flight. How many hours travelling?

It had you leaving early on the 5th and arriving late afternoon on the 6th I think a total of 26 hours of travel. That is what makes it not worth it it would take the 3 days in Barcelona just to recover from the flight.

We loved the hop on hop off bus last time it was so easy to figure out and you can buy tickets for it before you go.

Love the editions to the website.

Melissa

Glad to see some activity on this thread. I was hoping we weren't going to be traveling alone.

I'm traveling with my two sons, who will be 14 and 11 when we sail next summer, and my brother. We're also meeting up with a family that we met on the 2008 EB Panama Canal Cruise, and their friends.

Looking forward to planning & getting to know everyone.

Welcome Radioclash2! The thread was slow for awhile but we are finally getting more and more members to talk to. 10 months to go!

Melissa

Hey everyone!

I just wanted to check in and say that my grandpa is taking my whole family on this cruise and I could not be more excited!:cool1: This is my family's second DCL Med cruise, but the rest of the gang hasn't been to the Med. before.
Here's who's traveling/ages at time of sail:

Kiddos: boy cousin (age 14), my sister (age 14), boy cousin (age 17), girl cousin (age 19), and me (girl age 19).
Then my parents, my aunt and uncle, and my grandparents!

I hope to see you all around the Magic!

Hi everyone!! Is there any room left for 3 more? :) If so, we would love to join the party :woohoo: I just booked this cruise and as you can imagine we are Super-excited :dance3: This one will make our 3rd Disney Cruise. I will be sailing with DW and DD who will be 9 at the time of sail. I really look forward to meeting you all. BTW we are US citizens but living in Spain since many, many years ago so, if there is any way we can help you guys plan your Pre or Post cruise stay or logistics, please feel free to ask.

Best,

Dennis

Welcome to both of you! The bigger the group, the better the memories! This is going to be a gret time!

Jeff

Thanks so much for the welcome. Jeff, I just read your post about the website, so I thought I'd post our info.

McNeely's Party

Cabin #5512 (We always book the same one)
Dining: 2nd
DCL Cruise Number: 3rd
Fish Extender: DEFINITELY YES :thumbsup2 (It was one of the highlights of our last cruise)

Dennis, DW Monica and DD Madison (9)

Here is a picture of us, taken on formal night during our Western Caribbean cruise (Sept 2009)

cimg0395j.jpg

Thanks Jeff for organizing this, if there is any way I can help, please let me know. Is the website you have started available yet? If so, could you please send me or post a link?

Can't wait to get to know you all.

Thanks so much for the welcome. Jeff, I just read your post about the website, so I thought I'd post our info.

McNeely's Party

Cabin #5512 (We always book the same one)
Dining: 2nd
DCL Cruise Number: 3rd
Fish Extender: DEFINITELY YES :thumbsup2 (It was one of the highlights of our last cruise)

Dennis, DW Monica and DD Madison (9)

Here is a picture of us, taken on formal night during our Western Caribbean cruise (Sept 2009)

cimg0395j.jpg

Thanks Jeff for organizing this, if there is any way I can help, please let me know. Is the website you have started available yet? If so, could you please send me or post a link?

Can't wait to get to know you all.

Looking sharp! I'll get you guys added to the website and send you the link.

All,

I've added the new members (dennismcneely, radioclash2) to the website. We're starting to get quite the list. Thanks - to those of you who have sent pictures. It helps me to recognize you when we're sailing together.

I'm going to start building the fish extender and special occasion's list. My oldest will be turning 24 on the 15th? Anyone else celebrating anything on the cruise?

Thanks
Jeff

All,

I've added the new members (dennismcneely, radioclash2) to the website. We're starting to get quite the list. Thanks - to those of you who have sent pictures. It helps me to recognize you when we're sailing together.

I'm going to start building the fish extender and special occasion's list. My oldest will be turning 24 on the 15th? Anyone else celebrating anything on the cruise?

Thanks
Jeff

Thanks Melissa for the welcome :). Jeff sent you a PM.

Dennis

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter