60% Chance of rain during my ENTIRE trip next week...any advice?

We were there 9/15 to 9/22, we usually go in Oct/Nov and this year we had alot of rain. Tuesday, the 18th we had MK planned for the day and it rained almost all day. It stopped for a while but then continued in the afternoon. To be honest, I kept saying to myself, 'I will never go this time of year again". We have never had so much rain, we felt that it took away from our vacation, rain was just torrential at times, we were stranded in attractions, gift shops.

We were in MK that same day. Our experience and feelings about it were different. Yes, it rained from a bit before lunch through part of the afternoon. We didn't feel that it took away from our first MK experience, though. We did Buzz, BTMR and Splash twice each. We did Space Mountain three times. We also did Small World, Pooh, Haunted Mansion, the carousel, Peter Pan, Dumbo, Philharmagic, Monsters Inc, Stitch, Swiss Family Robinson Treehouse, People Mover, met the princesses and Mickey at Town Square Theatre, caught half of what we think was the Move It street party, saw the song they did instead of Dream Along with Mickey that day, did a variety of photopass picture ops, and met Jasmine, Aladin, Snow White and Aurora. We left at 6 pm with ponchos in the stroller basket that were still wet from the rain, but the hem of my skirt had finished drying.

Our attitude going in to our vacation was that it would probably rain every day, and that it would be okay. Our boys were puddle jumping the next day in the deep water in Tomorrowland during a downpour. :) OMG, I couldn't believe how deep those puddles were, like 6 inches. I was also way impressed with the way that Disney got rid of all the puddles so quickly once it stopped, and the hidden gutter system under the decorative part of the pavement in Main Street. It was neat to see.

artemis4 said:
We were in MK that same day. Our experience and feelings about it were different. Yes, it rained from a bit before lunch through part of the afternoon. We didn't feel that it took away from our first MK experience, though. We did Buzz, BTMR and Splash twice each. We did Space Mountain three times. We also did Small World, Pooh, Haunted Mansion, the carousel, Peter Pan, Dumbo, Philharmagic, Monsters Inc, Stitch, Swiss Family Robinson Treehouse, People Mover, met the princesses and Mickey at Town Square Theatre, caught half of what we think was the Move It street party, saw the song they did instead of Dream Along with Mickey that day, did a variety of photopass picture ops, and met Jasmine, Aladin, Snow White and Aurora. We left at 6 pm with ponchos in the stroller basket that were still wet from the rain, but the hem of my skirt had finished drying.

Our attitude going in to our vacation was that it would probably rain every day, and that it would be okay. Our boys were puddle jumping the next day in the deep water in Tomorrowland during a downpour. :) OMG, I couldn't believe how deep those puddles were, like 6 inches. I was also way impressed with the way that Disney got rid of all the puddles so quickly once it stopped, and the hidden gutter system under the decorative part of the pavement in Main Street. It was neat to see.

Maybe it didn't rain as hard at MK. Over at AK we were pelted with hail. We were pretty miserable. We ended up giving up and leaving. It wasn't really possible to push through at that point. Rain is one thing but when it turned to hail... We quit!

Overall, it did rain a lot all week. But never all day. And other than Tuesday, never enough to ruin our plans. I'd still never go any other time of year.

TandLMommy28 said:
Maybe it didn't rain as hard at MK. Over at AK we were pelted with hail. We were pretty miserable. We ended up giving up and leaving. It wasn't really possible to push through at that point. Rain is one thing but when it turned to hail... We quit!

Overall, it did rain a lot all week. But never all day. And other than Tuesday, never enough to ruin our plans. I'd still never go any other time of year.

Hail? Yikes. No, we did not see any of that at all. That is a different ball game altogether. I'd seek shelter for that, like you said, or if there had been an active thunderstorm.

Like a lot of people in this thread, we actually love it when it rains! Throw on the poncho and enjoy much lower crowd levels! We were down during one of the hurricanes, it rained for a week straight and we had one of our best trips in memory!

Shir Kahn said:
Like a lot of people in this thread, we actually love it when it rains! Throw on the poncho and enjoy much lower crowd levels! We were down during one of the hurricanes, it rained for a week straight and we had one of our best trips in memory!

I would definitely put on the Poncho and go!!! Lots of people are scared off by the rain, so take advantage of it, or if it is raining really hard, it's time to go to an indoor attraction or show. After the rain stops, things dry out quickly in sunny Florida!!!

Florida in september has this same forecast for every day. What happens is it will be clear, then it will pour for 45 minutes and then the sun will come out again. This happens in localized areas so some days ou might miss it or depending on timing you may come off a ride and wonder why its now so wet out

Central Florida forecasts are completely useless more than 24-36 hours out. Don't even look until then.

I will piggy back the previous posters by saying get some ponchos and shout a big ol HAKUNA MATATA!!!!!! and make the best of whatever happens. If it does rain, who knows you could end up having more fun ;):thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter