6 Hour Flight with Infant Must Haves

i'd be careful about this too. my dd had to take benadryl once when 10 months for medical reasons and it made her so hyper. i definitely wouldn't try that without getting a dr.'s opinion and without trying it at home first either.

just make sure you have enough of the essentials: wipes, diapers, extra clothes, a couple pacifiers (if baby uses them), teething toys, etc. if you have an iphone, that always helped us with dd on the plane. we downloaded a lot of baby apps and she loved staring at them! she now is 2.5 and has her own ipad for all of the traveling we do and travels so well!

Started downloading onto our Ipad:)

As far as I'm concerned the benydryl comment was just made to make the Moms (especially me) have a fit.

I do know there are often adults I would like to drug on the planes, especially going overseas.

Started downloading onto our Ipad:)

As far as I'm concerned the benydryl comment was just made to make the Moms (especially me) have a fit.

I do know there are often adults I would like to drug on the planes, especially going overseas.

That's great! There are so many cute little apps for little ones! When we flew home from Puerto Rico over the summer (a 4.5 hour plane ride) our DD never made a peep! She watched and played with the ipad the entire trip!

And I couldn't have said it better myself: "I do know there are often adults I would like to drug on the planes, especially overseas!" I couldn't agree more!!!!

After flying with all our kids as infants, I can tell you bring a shirt for the adults, fold it into a gallon ziplock bag. If the current shirt gets soiled, you have somewhere to put it where you wont smell it.

Also make sure to take receiving blankets in Ziplocks. They work as awesome giant burp clothes, especially if baby spits up all over, or your lap gets soaked by something.

I would bring a few pacifier clips to help ensure that pacis stay off the floor. I'd also bring a couple of Sippy Pal tethers for the bottle. I know you're still holding the bottle at this point, but it will just be one more thing to ensure that the bottle doesn't find it's way to the floor of the plane.

I'm sure you know this since you've traveled quite a bit, but try to have your little guy drink from his bottle during take off & landing. That will help his ears pop, alleviating ear pressure.

I agree with others who suggest packing more than you think you'll need. I always packed 24 hours worth of formula & diapers. We used Playtex Nursers so we brought 2 bottles & enough liners to get us through 24 hours. We kept clean nipples & liners in one ziploc & put used nipples in another ziploc.

I'd also bring a few new toys & books that he's never seen before. Bring those out one at a time when he gets bored. Remember to pack extra in your suitcase for the ride home.

Years ago my Dr told me to buy a package of brightly colored toothbrushes. My dd loved the colors and also chewing on them.

I HIGHLY recommend making sure you have a baby carrier. Beco Gemini is my favorite buckle carrier at that age. It's SO much easier to get through the airport that way!

Extremely grateful for this thread! :worship:

Will be taking our 2 1/2 month old son to the World in Dec and had no clue of what to pack in his diaper bag,

I do have one question. Will I be allowed to breastfeed him during the takeoff and landing?

I do have one question. Will I be allowed to breastfeed him during the takeoff and landing?

Absolutely!! I assume he is a lap baby, so no issue at all. He'll probably sleep through the flight after that :)

We are talking about TTC #2, but also talking about taking DD (who will be 3) to WDW next Nov/early Dec. If all timing works out, I may have a 2 month old then too - and I'm more comfortable taking an infant out and about than I would have been the first time. So it's good to see others have done it as well :)

Absolutely!! I assume he is a lap baby, so no issue at all. He'll probably sleep through the flight after that :)

We are talking about TTC #2, but also talking about taking DD (who will be 3) to WDW next Nov/early Dec. If all timing works out, I may have a 2 month old then too - and I'm more comfortable taking an infant out and about than I would have been the first time. So it's good to see others have done it as well :)

Thank you! I was thinking he would be treated like an 'electronic device' and couldn't feed him until I was told to do so :rotfl2:

Wanted to let you know he did just great!
Thank you so much for all the advice. Although I would have preferred a shorter flight as our first trip I feel very prepared for our Nov. & Dec. Florida trips.

Thank you! I was thinking he would be treated like an 'electronic device' and couldn't feed him until I was told to do so :rotfl2:

If he's a lap baby, you are free to feed whenever - including during takeoff and landing.

However, if you purchased a seat for him, he will need to be in his car seat during take off and landing, and anytime the seatbelt sign is on.

If he's a lap baby, you are free to feed whenever - including during takeoff and landing.

However, if you purchased a seat for him, he will need to be in his car seat during take off and landing, and anytime the seatbelt sign is on.

Good to know for next time. I have him as a lap baby on this trip. So if I ever purchase a seat in the future, does this mean I have to bring his car seat with him? We are not bringing a car seat on this trip because we plan on wearing him and keeping him in his stroller.

Wanted to let you know he did just great!
Thank you so much for all the advice. Although I would have preferred a shorter flight as our first trip I feel very prepared for our Nov. & Dec. Florida trips.

Glad the flight went well!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter