6/13/2009 Western on Magic- Our Cruise Chat Continues!

:sad1: we have no future plans for a Disney vacation anytime soon even though Jayde will be graduating next year (might go to Myrtle Beach & stay at my timeshare). She wants to wait until both her & her cousin are 18 to cruise w/Disney again but need to save some $$.

Hope everyone is feeling better! I am still battling a lingering cough that just won't go away & ended up getting pink eye.

Jayde had her abdominal scan last Monday & we are still awaiting the results. Probably will come back as normal... definitely time to see a gastro dr.

Wish I was still on vacation!!!

We have been doing alot of reading and looking up things about DVC and BLT during this last week. We have gotten very excited about it all. Since we have all of this years points into to bank, we are looking at booking two weeks next year. I think we will do 4 days in a studio MK view and 1 week in a 1 bedroom standard view both at BLT. Then we want to do 4 day at AKV in a savannah view. This would let us really slow down and maybe even relax while at the WDW. Between the points and our flight credit, this trip will be quite different than the past.

Oh and I am sure we will be adding on points as well in the near future. :goodvibes BTW, I sent you an email.

Tell Steve - he is converting to a Disney Fanatic. (first he agrees to rebook and now he is talking of adding on points again) He might as well give in and admit it. You know that is the first step. LOL

It's too late Fran! I was hooked after the last cruise and this last one just sealed it for me:thumbsup2

I'm going to try and convince Steve to do that one- we did rebook that date as our "dummy date". We'll see. LOL

Ben has been working on me too some to go on the dummy date. Although, both of us would have a hard time to agree to pull Rob out of school for a week. And Rob would have our hide if we tried to go without him. :rotfl: But is was really a great price.

Ben has been working on me too some to go on the dummy date. Although, both of us would have a hard time to agree to pull Rob out of school for a week. And Rob would have our hide if we tried to go without him. :rotfl: But is was really a great price.

And what Rob doesn't know, won't hurt him. And if he doesn't know, maybe he won't hurt us?? :confused3

Maybe school will let out a little early for Christmas in 2010??

hope everyone has a great 4th of July.

I am wandering around these boards looking for a new home--maybe I should just get a life.

hope everyone has a great 4th of July.

I am wandering around these boards looking for a new home--maybe I should just get a life.

Happy 4th to everyone as well.

I feel the same way as you. I have the dummy date booked but I know as much as we would like to do it, I don't see us actually staying on that date. So I would hate to invade their thread.

Since we bought into DVC, I have been poking around there.

I feel the same way as you. I have the dummy date booked but I know as much as we would like to do it, I don't see us actually staying on that date. So I would hate to invade their thread.

which resort did you buy? We are DVC members too-maybe I'll see you posting over there-I usually don't post there too much--some people get a little nasty over there, but I read the boards now when I have to have a fix

which resort did you buy? We are DVC members too-maybe I'll see you posting over there-I usually don't post there too much--some people get a little nasty over there, but I read the boards now when I have to have a fix

We bought into BLT. We did it on the ship. I kinda did it backwards. We bought into it and then came home and did some research. We are very excited about BLT. We never had a interest in staying at CR but love everything we are seeing about BLT.

I am now thinking of add on a few point to AKV because we like staying there a few days.

We are now planning on doing two weeks at WDW next summer. Stay 10 days at BLT and 4 days at AKV.

We bought into BLT. We did it on the ship. I kinda did it backwards. We bought into it and then came home and did some research. We are very excited about BLT. We never had a interest in staying at CR but love everything we are seeing about BLT.

I am now thinking of add on a few point to AKV because we like staying there a few days.

We are now planning on doing two weeks at WDW next summer. Stay 10 days at BLT and 4 days at AKV.

Hey,
I have read a few times in the past week that people who have bought DVC lately have also gotten a 7 night DCL!!!:banana: Did you all??:woohoo:

I agree Fran- I wish we would go on that cruise- but I don't think we will- so I didn't want to post on there either.

Well you know that's exactly how we did it, bought on our last cruise(2007)sight unseen- hadn't ever even been in AKV(or any other deluxe WDW resort) so we were awesomely surprised on our first trip!!! I know you guys are gonna love BLT- the models were awesome when we saw them at SSR. When(I don't want to say if- LOL) we add on- we will probably add on there(at BLT). I feel like we have plenty of points for us to stay at AKV- so we want to have another contract somewhere else. We liked SSR OK- it didn't feel very Disney-ish though it was very nice. We definately liked our home AKV better. :goodvibes Talk to everyone soon.

We haven't even used our DVC yet and Fran is already talking about adding points at AKV. I love it, I don't even have to say anything anymore and shes already planning more Disney activities!! :love:

Well you know that's exactly how we did it, bought on our last cruise(2007)sight unseen- hadn't ever even been in AKV(or any other deluxe WDW resort) so we were awesomely surprised on our first trip!!! I know you guys are gonna love BLT- the models were awesome when we saw them at SSR. When(I don't want to say if- LOL) we add on- we will probably add on there(at BLT). I feel like we have plenty of points for us to stay at AKV- so we want to have another contract somewhere else. We liked SSR OK- it didn't feel very Disney-ish though it was very nice. We definately liked our home AKV better. :goodvibes Talk to everyone soon.

LOL. We are excited, our 11 month window actually opened today but of course it is a holiday. I will be calling first thing in the morning to try to reserve the first portion of our trip.

Ben has actually already started our planning spreadsheet.

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter