50's Prime Time

Every time I've been, there was an older gentleman doing the seating. Last time, I was pulling my stuff together and unintentionally spouted off something kind of snarky - it was a reflex, really! He just stopped and doubled over, he started laughing so hard. I so hope he's still there. That's my retirement dream job.

We also find it's a lot more fun when you have some first timers with a good sense of humor.

It was on our "must do" list on our last trip since we have been to WDW many times but have never eaten there. My food was good and so was my wife's. I got the pot roast and my wife got fried chicken. My kids didn't like theirs but there was nothing "wrong". My son ordered chicken pot pie and it was different from what he gets at the local farm at home and my daughter hated her mac n cheese because it was too cheesey. I wouldn't put either of those on the restaurant, I would just say that it didn't suit their tastes. The atmosphere was good and the server did an ok job. It wasn't bad enough for me to say never again but it also wasn't good enough for me to put it on the "must do every year" list.

We eat at 50's Prime Time at least once every trip. We sometimes eat there twice as my daughter and I can split one meal and we are not a fan of counter service at HS. My daughter loves the chicken and I love the pot roast so we usually split the sampler for lunch. I have never had bad food, but we did get the same dreary waiter in December and March. I don't think he cracked a smile the whole time we were there and he was rather slow, but no big deal. He wasn't deliberately mean or anything. Just acted like he didn't want to be there.

We went to 50's last night. We thought the service and act was great between all the servers and tables it was a neat atmosphere. We ordered the sampler and thought the fried chicken was good, the pot roast ok, but did not care much for the meatloaf or mashed potatoes. Seemed very plain and dry. We tipped very well based on our server's attentiveness even with the schtick. He did give a warning and mentioned as we sat down that it is a themed as he yelled to get elbows off the table. Based on the service and act we enjoyed it, but don't think we would be back based on the just ok food.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter