• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

50 Enhancements across WDW for the 50th

I agree - they can call it whatever they want, but let's get real. WDW is constantly under renovation. They may do more renovations ahead of this event so the parks are in better than average condition, but any work performed this year will long since have been dated and worn at the time of the event. But anything that gets Disney more focused on the parks is a good thing, so I'll take it. Tell me that you are doing a refurb because you expect unicorns and I might roll my eyes, but I'll take it.

Now, let's talk about how far their customer focus has slipped. That needs a serious renovation.
It could be a corporate commitment type of thing and geared towards the "team" as well as guests.

And that...
...is frankly insane
Yes - I remember back in 05 we'd stay at Port Orleans for either $79 or $99 a night (can't remember which ). That price, combined with extra magic hours until 2am, was awesome. I struggle to see however, that there is enough Disney "magic" in those rooms to justify $300 a night.

They are angling to eliminate the value and propel the moderates into the $300 range...as it appears to be playing out.

Realize that is what my seasoned resort hunch is saying...but it fits the what seems to be going on.

I can see all moderates being $300 in 5 years or less and the "values" being pushed to $200 easily. That would also compress the chart to make more people buy deluxes which they overpriced awhile ago and demand has been much lower than most have noticed (also leading to DVC conversion)....

It's the standard playbook now: charge more for the same product.

Welp, so much for my dreams of staying at a deluxe in the future. :P

The most expensive resort I've ever stayed at was at Carribean Beach and that was only because it had been during the busy season when all the Values were sold out (I also had to account for Cast Member discount availability here). If they're really doing this then I'm stuck at the Value resorts forever.

I hope they build more Value resorts of AoA type quality and theming and maybe, possibly with slightly bigger rooms (and better layout) would make a big difference.

Welp, so much for my dreams of staying at a deluxe in the future. :P

The most expensive resort I've ever stayed at was at Carribean Beach and that was only because it had been during the busy season when all the Values were sold out (I also had to account for Cast Member discount availability here). If they're really doing this then I'm stuck at the Value resorts forever.

I hope they build more Value resorts of AoA type quality and theming and maybe, possibly with slightly bigger rooms (and better layout) would make a big difference.

It's just a theory...but it's a reasonable one given the details...

I also see very little chance of Disney building and operating any more hotels on their own...certainly not on a lower price per night.

The last Disney built hotels were greenlit by micheal Eisner...that's just the straight truth.

Last edited:

Really y'all, there is not much difference between a Moderate and a Deluxe, amenity-wise. The differences are monorail access, etc, not the hotel itself. I always feel like I've been taken a bit advantage of at a Deluxe, because it is certainly not a 4-star experience.

I agree with you...

Deluxes at WDW aren't 4 star...they are massively overpriced

And there isn't much difference between a value and a moderate

Really y'all, there is not much difference between a Moderate and a Deluxe, amenity-wise. The differences are monorail access, etc, not the hotel itself. I always feel like I've been taken a bit advantage of at a Deluxe, because it is certainly not a 4-star experience.

A deluxe has a balcony, which I love, but refuse to pay several hundred extra dollars for. If they could only add some balconies at Pop Century I would be a happy camper!

What does this mean, "Small World getting the Disney characters?" Has this been done at other Disney locations? I have not heard of this. Would they replace all the dolls wiith Disney characters? This is my favorite ride and it does not need Disney characters. I like it just as it is!

What does this mean, "Small World getting the Disney characters?" Has this been done at other Disney locations? I have not heard of this. Would they replace all the dolls wiith Disney characters? This is my favorite ride and it does not need Disney characters. I like it just as it is!

I believe in other versions there are dolls that look like Mickey, Donald, etc

As in a couple places in the scenes...not a big deal

Just like was Disneyland has. Along with the regular figures, Disney characters would be added to scenes they fit into.

Disneyland, and I believe Tokyo have that.

Hong Kong Disneyland has it as well - and if memory serves me they have even more Disney characters than in California.

and to be clear it isn't replacing the existing dolls but rather adding in the Disney Characters and they are done in a similar style to the traditional Small World dolls

Here are examples of a couple from Hong Kong:
18_Lion King.jpg 19_Pocahontas.jpg

I love it. When those characters were added to the DL version everyone was up in arms.

Ten years later, "they're very well done."

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter