50 Enhancements across WDW for the 50th

rteetz

DIS Veteran
New rumors have popped up so it's time we start a thread discussing the possibilities for the WDW 50th anniversary.

Just said Spirit/WDW1974 said the plan is to plus/enhance 50 attractions/rides/shows/etc. across WDW property.

A few possibilities....

BTMRR getting the ending enhancements that DL and now DLP got.
WDW Railroad getting new scenes along the track.
Carousel of Progress getting a new ending.
Small World getting the Disney characters.
Tower of Terror getting enhanced effects.
Peter Pan enhancements.
Haunted Mansion
Spaceship Earth
American Adventure
Finding Nemo

New rumors have popped up so it's time we start a thread discussing the possibilities for the WDW 50th anniversary.

Just said Spirit/WDW1974 said the plan is to plus/enhance 50 attractions/rides/shows/etc. across WDW property.

A few possibilities....

BTMRR getting the ending enhancements that DL and now DLP got.
WDW Railroad getting new scenes along the track.
Carousel of Progress getting a new ending.
Small World getting the Disney characters.
Tower of Terror getting enhanced effects.
Peter Pan enhancements.
Haunted Mansion
Spaceship Earth
American Adventure
Finding Nemo

50 enhancements seems kind of like alot... And too good to be true.

Obviously EPCOT needs a bit more than just some pluses but after the new lands in AK and DHS I actually kinda like the idea of a bunch of small updates

A new ending to CoP would be great and as that is one of "Walt's attractions" would be great to get some love for the 50th

I wonder how many of the "pluses" will involve a special cupcake? ;)

Magic Kingdom
I agree a new ending to CoP would be nice. And just a little love to this ride over all.
Speedway we will not ride this again until they fix the whiplash please give this an update. You have shorten the track over the years give something back to the ride.
Add ride camera to thunder mountain.
Update philharmagic to 4K and updated 3D, add a few new scenes.
Complete reimagine of Huck Finn Island. With a draw bridge instead of rafts.
Space mountain Refresh

Epcot
Journey into Imagination needs to be about double the size and reimagined.
Living with the Land. Update movies and ending slide show with new content. Maybe what they are working on now in the lab not a video from the 80s.
Finding Nemo update to Finding Dorry.
Release the plans for the new Future world.

Hollywood studios
Enough is being done here for right now.

Animal Planet
Keep expanding the safari
Kali River Rapids would love for this to be about double the length.
More hands on with the animals

Animal kingdom lodge Jambo and Kidani.
A New Balance running trail that goes through the safari area and connects the two resorts. They have these trails at a lot of the resorts and I really think they are missing one here.

A re-imagining of Journey Into Imagaination indeed!.....

Back to the original attraction.

And I would love to see COP get a new ending and a lot of TLC in general. Its very tired looking. Including the seating area.

I'd love to see JiI back to the original but with upgraded animatronics to more modern versions.

And also the Dreamfinder and Figment meet and greet coming back

What do you mean by finding nemo? That just seems to vague. I'm on the fence about updating philharmagic. That's my favorite show and I can't help but feel that a new scene (especially one that'll cause controversy like let it go, don't think I can handle the outpouring of complaints) will demean the show. But this should be very interesting to see what all happens

Enhancements are all well and good (and quite welcome) but I've been hoping on one or two new experiences too.

I'm fully aware that we have an embarrassment of riches coming with Pandora, Toy Story, and Star Wars. Still, I'd love to have something (including a parade) particularly for 50.

I'm on the fence about updating philharmagic. That's my favorite show and I can't help but feel that a new scene (especially one that'll cause controversy like let it go, don't think I can handle the outpouring of complaints) will demean the show. But this should be very interesting to see what all happens

You mean you don't want to see new Star Wars and GoTG segments in Philharmagic? ;)

An "embarrassment of riches"? I'd have a hard time classifying 2 rides in each of 3 new lands as such given how long it will take from start to finish on all of that and how much has been closed in the meantime.

animal kingdom- would like to see bugs life get a new show. Wouldn't cost much to change the show.

Magic kingdom- tomorrowland speedway needs something done.

Stitch show needs to be replaced

Philarmagic- great show but a new show will be welcomed.

Hollywood studios- a lot is happening here. Indiana jones could use a new show here.

Epcot- new country shows in all 4 countries that have shows.

Soarin- a new show here I know they just re did it. But doesn't cost much to replace a show with something new.

Could definitely use a few more rides.

Actually all the places that have shows replace it with something new. Doesn't cost much to replace a show when the building is already there. When I say doesn't cost much I mean for disney. A new show might cost a couple million or whatever but will keep more people coming.

What do you mean by finding nemo? That just seems to vague. I'm on the fence about updating philharmagic. That's my favorite show and I can't help but feel that a new scene (especially one that'll cause controversy like let it go, don't think I can handle the outpouring of complaints) will demean the show. But this should be very interesting to see what all happens
I believe that's the Seas with Nemo and friends.

For Nemo if this for me. Just update the videos since most of the ride is video to include a few new charters like they did with crush. Very simple and little cost. Plus you can do that update overnight.

No please do not add frozen but there is Zootopia, Moana, or maybe a new scene from a classic movie. But 3D technology and higher resolution projects are a easy fix.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter