5 years since going HOME!

JadeDarkstar

Dis Veteran Pirate dragon mom
Ok So I have not been to Disneyland since 2015. We will be going in Feb/March of next year. We went to WDW in 17 and had to wait to get back to Disneyland.

So Much has changed. So many things look different. Not even just Star Wars Galaxy's Edge. So I have a few questions maybe some of my old friends or even new ones can answer.

1. I live in AZ so I always carry some sort of water bottle. I have recently heard and seen the cool water bottle filling stations. Is there anywhere with a map of these? Or someone who has written them all down?
2. Meals have got so much more pricey and most are spicy or have coconut something or another... Can we still find food we would like? (Bland, or bbq sweet spicey not pepper spices) Any good places to try? (looking for some steak place but not at the price of steakhouse 55 lol) Is the reason some meals are so pricey now because they are more shareable.
3. we are going mainly for StarWars (praying ROTR is open by then and nothing pushed it back more by then) all the pricey survivors are on the list of my hubs for his bday so we need to save a lot. What I did want to know was can you use gift cards to pay for the droids or sabers?

Anything else any here might want to share with a DL fan who's missed her Home? I welcome the conversation and help Thank you in advance.

Welcome back home!
1. Water bottles can be filled with filtered water at:
DL -- First Aid (drinking fountain there is always clean!), Plaza Inn soda fountains (use a cup to fill your water bottle), Galactic Grill (there is a filtered water spigot by the napkins), Rancho del Zocalo (filtered spigot on the patio), Mint Julep Bar, Batuu -- by the water fountains by Droid Depot and by the Marketplace (look for Tiny!). In DCA, we use First Aid most often. In both parks, you can use the free cups of ice water from CS locations, too.
2. We have to avoid spicy food, too, and have not had too hard a time finding food we like at DLR. Look over the menus on the DLR website, then ask questions here! And DLR restaurants have always been good about customizing things for us, e.g not spicy if possible, sauces or spices on the side, substitutions if possible, etc.
3. I think so, but ask in the SWGE Superthread (New SWGE Superthread! Now Open to All! (6/24/2019)) to make sure.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter