• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

5 pm SBP time slot after Daylight Savings?

princesswendy720

DIS Veteran
Will they allow me to book SBP for a 5 pm wedding right after daylight savings in November? I think the sunset time is around 5:30?

I'm not sure - sorry. The only restriction I am aware of is on Sunset Point. Did you check the sunset time for that day for Orlando. I don't remember much in the way of lighting at SBP other than the general lights in the area.

That was the time slot I originally wanted when I first called DFTW, and they had no problem booking it for me, and our wedding was 1/17/10. Bill talked me out of it though, saying there wouldn't be enough time for photos before the sun went down.

According to a website,the sun sets on my day at 5:33. I want to do a first look, so I figure there will be enough light at 3:30 (I hope). I'll just have to keep an eye on the light levels once November rolls around lol

I'm kind of thinking I'd like to do photos first and then have the ceremony when the sky is all pink and orange at sunset. It would make for for amazing photos but I'm not sure. Has anyone done it before?

Yes, there are no time-related restrictions on any of the sites—all the standard times are available everywhere, no matter what the season is (the exception, as BritJude pointed out, being Sunset Pointe, which is not available at all May-October).

Check out kcampbell722's trip report—she got married around sunset at SBP. :thumbsup2

Thanks Carrie! Yep- we got married at 5pm after DST and there weren't any issues whatsoever. Sunset was at 5:30 on our wedding night so the sun was setting during the ceremony and we got gorgeous photos after (formal family portraits) with a magnificent sky. Check out my pics under "Photo Links" sticky at the top. I don't have a TR on here but, and do have one going on disneybrides. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter