5 in a 1-B/R: A poll, NOT a debate

5 in a 1-B/R

• Enforce the current 4 (& child under 3) rule. No exceptions

• Make 5 officially OK, but not supply any extra bedding or towels (basically you're on your own)

• Make 5 the official occupancy limit, add a roll-out bed, extra towels, for all units, and increase d

• Keep current rules, but allow 5 automatically upon request, deliver a roll-out bed and extra towels

• Other -- Post your idea in the responses section

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Caskbill

<font color="blue">DVC-Operations<br>DVC-Planning<
The 5 in a 1-B/R topic is being debated again, but debates never seem to really express public opinion, or offer real solutions.

A family of 5 is an awkward size for DVC. Definitely too big for a studio, but somewhat small for a 2-B/R. The 1-B/R has a lot more space than the studio, and it's tough for many to justify the extra points cost for a 2-B/R when you have only 1 extra person.

Since we as members are basically 'stockholders' of DVC, we can have some say in what the 'rules' should be.

I thought of four possible choices that are given above, or check "other" and give your own choice in a reply.

Limit this to 1-B/R only please. And limit this to 5-persons only, assuming anywhere from 1 adult with 4 children up to 5 adults. This is not about 6-persons, or 7-persons....etc.

DO NOT turn this into a debate or it will get moved. If you want to debate the <u>current</u> situation go to the debate board.

INMO I think solution #4 is reasonable. What do you think?

Replies are welcomed but do not express opinions that simply offer debate instead of new ideas.

For #4 to be an option, IMHO I don't think $3-$5 would cover the expense. It's $25 for each adult over 2 in deluxe room ($15 in a moderate) so that must be closer to expenses....even before adding the costs of supplying rollaway beds.

I selected OTHER coz I really dont care.... Make no differece how many people anyone wants to put in any room..... It doesnt effect my vacation.....

I don't think the roll-out idea is a good one :(. Since none of the other Diseney resorts have roll-outs, I assume it's a company-wide decision to not offer them. Offering them at the Disney resorts would require a whole new policy on how to handle roll-outs, linens for roll-outs, storage for roll-outs, etc.

I also don't like the "official blind eye" to families who exceed the number of beds.

Instead, I think maybe more daybeds can be put in some 1 bedrooms and more studios. I read on the resorts boards that the day beds in the deluxe resorts will comfortably fit an adult. BTW, does anyone have picture of the "studio plus" at BWV? I'd like to see the size of the existing day bed.

I said keep as is. More in a room means more wear and tear, which means increased dues.

I think $15.00-25.00 would be way too much since there is not daily housekeeping at DVC. I would opt for $3.00/day for DVC to only provide some extra towels and soap.:)

I voted to enforce the limits...since pools, restaurants, and other amenities of the resorts were built to accomodate XX number of visitors, based on set occupancy levels dues would have to be raised to expand those services -or- face overcrowded and possibly unsafe conditions.

I vote for #4 but I think only charging $3-$5 for the extra person/night is on the low side. There will be the expense of a rollaway bed (if desired) and the cost of extra towels and the wear and tear factor. I am sure that DVC could come up with a fair and accurate price. I remember when hotels would charge an extra $10/adult in a resort room. Someone said it is up to $25/extra adult. Wow! That is steep!

I vote for #4 but charge $10 a day for the rollout. The extra towels are already covered by extra towel charges IMHO.

I know for our family I would love the availability of a rollout. We are 4 but wind up with a 2 BR because my son doesn't want to share the bed with his sister. I pay an extra $10 a day in a heartbeat to save the points.

Chuck I think if you were to check total occupancy you would find the resort still under limits even with 5 in a 1 BR. I mean how many people really put 8 in a 2 BR?

I voted for #4, but I would put an age limit on it. I would not want to see 5 adults in a 1 bedroom. Maybe the 5th person has to be under 10. I would bet alot of younger kids sleep in the king with the parents anyway, so no extra bedding may be needed. Not the greatest situation, but that's the members choice.

My first thought and therefore, my vote, was to keep and enforce the limits already in place.

If, and I think it is a big "if", they were to change the policy to allow for some charge for a 5th person, I would want to be assured that whatever the charge would be, it would totally cover any and all expences associated with this new policy and would not spill over into a dues increase. I have no idea what the charge would or should be. But, as a single that would not ever be likely to use this new policy, I would not want to have my dues increase to cover it.

how many people really put 8 in a 2 BR?

;) ;) Yeah, they've got 9-10 easy. ;) ;) Sorry, couldn't resist. (Slapping my hand to keep this off the Debate Board.)

I voted for #4 especially since my baby is now 3 and we are a family of 5!!! We have ressies in a 2 BR (OKW) this summer and I am nervous about them being a little bit far from us in the 2nd BR(3 DD's laughing and giggling at bedtime etc!). I liked it when they were on the pull out in the living room and in the crib!!! We still had plenty of room, but then again, we don't spend much time in the villa anyways..............we are always up and about!!

I'll give you my honest opinion when I have the opportunity to stay in a 2 BR (for 2 weeks)!!!

Thanks Caskbill, this is an interesting poll!!

Gee whiz, we OKW owners won't vote to put in a slide or lifeguard at the pool. Do you really think we would vote to increase our dues for something most of us (we're ancient, you know) will never even use?

By the way, if you allow 5 in a 1-bedroom, you also have to increase the number of plates, glasses, stainless, etc, as well as towels, and bedding.

I have a picture of the daybed in the studio plus at BWV, taken on 1/25/02. It's not a digital picture. I can scan it, but have no idea how to post it here.

#4 also but maybe install TRUNDLE BEDS in a select number (or all) units like in Dixie Landings, the 3rd child is only temporary anyway as the kids leave home and then you dont need to use more points for the trundle and you also dont have way too many points for an uneccesary 2 bedroom.

By the way, if you allow 5 in a 1-bedroom, you also have to increase the number of plates, glasses, stainless, etc, as well as towels, and bedding.

Good point, so for clarification on this poll, let's say this would be true if you picked item number 3, but if you pick item number 4 then the designed occupancy would still be 4-persons, so glasses, plates etc do not change, and only bedding and towels are added when a 5th person comes in.

Hope this doesn't change anybody's vote.

<b>Also to everyone.....please be careful of your comments so we don't wind up in a debate. Let's keep this as an opinion / idea poll only. Thanks.</b> <i>We're all probably a little gun shy on this point now, and I'm sure the moderators are watching closely. I think voting and posting why you voted a specific way, or explaining any conditions on your vote, is fine. Let's just be careful on the replies and not get into the what-if's, or that will cause....etc, etc. Thanks </u>

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter