$5 FREE Florida Sun-Pass Mini-Tolls

LIFERBABE

DVC MEMBER @ BCV BWV OKW SSR BLT AKV
Thought I would post this in a separate thread for those driving or renting cars in Florida.:goodvibes

There's a special right now for the SunPass Mini. You have to buy it in store in Florida, but you pay $4.99 for it and they credit you $4.99 in toll credit, so it is basically free! We drove home to Texas last month and stopped at one of the Plazas and purchased 2 since we are returning for Christmas.

Might not help you going since you have to purchase in Florida, but you could buy it on the way to WDW and use it on the way home.:wizard:

Here's the details from the website:

RECEIVE $4.99 IN NON-REFUNDABLE TOLL CREDITS.
SunPass is a prepaid toll program.
Your SunPass Mini sticker has no funds and
will not work unless you activate it either online,
at www.SunPass.com, or by phone at
1-888-TOLL-FLA (865-5352). The minimum
starting balance is $10. Please have the
following information ready when you call:
1. ID number (located on the SunPass Mini)
2. Your driver’s license number
3. The license plate number of the vehicle you
will drive when using the SunPass Mini
4. Following activation, $4.99 in non-refundable
toll credits will be added to your starting balance.
Offer expires 30 days from date of purchase.
EASY PAY
Most SunPass customers choose the convenience of SunPass Easy Pay automatic replenishment, using a major credit card. With Easy Pay, money
is put into your account whenever it reaches a low balance of $5. We add whatever amount you choose. You just keep driving!
HOW SOON CAN YOU USE
YOUR SUNPASS MINI?
If you use a credit card and open your prepaid account before noon, your SunPass Mini will typically be ready to use after 4 p.m. If you open your account after noon, your SunPass Mini will typically be activated by 6 a.m. the next morning.
Once opened, you can check your balance anytime by visiting www.SunPass.com.
INSTALLING SUNPASS MINI
SunPass Mini cannot be hand-held or moved
from car to car. It must be permanently mounted to the windshield or it won’t work, because the
windshield acts as an antenna. Once removed,
the Mini will no longer function and cannot be
reattached to the windshield.
SUNPASS MINI NOT FOR SALE ONLINE OR BY PHONE

Does anyone know if you can use Sun-Passes when going through E-Pass tolls? I know that there are both of these in Orlando.

thanks.

You can use the Sunpass on the Epass tolls. On our last trip we tried to see a shuttle launch from Titusville. The tolls on the express to the coast are all Epass and we had no issues at all. I checked my Sunpass account when we returned and the charges were all there.

The only problem with the SunPass Mini is that it's just a sticker that you stick to the windshield of the car and isn't designed to be removed. (In fact, they specifically state that you can't transfer it from car to car like you can with the big transponders). This probably isn't ideal if you're renting a car.

Additionally, the SunPass (Mini and not mini) is a pre-paid system... you set up the account online with a credit card and then when the balance drops below $5 or $10 it will charge another $5 or $10 to your card... you can't ever run it down to 0. I'm sure there's a way to get your money back when you go back home, but if you're just planning to use it for a short time it might be more trouble than it's worth.

hum.. make sure what your tolls are because when you register online your minimum amount to activate it is $25.00.. with the older model like mine its only $10. that is why I havent converted over.. for me to use $25 it would be like 4 months tolls fees. Just so you know- For us to use our sunpass from palm beach county to Disney- cost us $20 roundtrip total. :)

also with both our account- we have one sticker and one older model- once it gets below $10 it beeps. It doesnt automatically deduct but once I go online to apply more money- than I have to at least put $10 into my account or $25 into my husband's account.

I have reused my Sunpass Mini several times. I took Scotch tape and framed the edges on the sticky side (to facilitate removal,) and stuck it to my rental car, our U Haul when we moved, and it is now affixed to my current vehicle. As long a the majority of the sticky side is making contact with the windshield, and you take your time slowly peeling it off when you move it, it will be fine. I have not had any issues.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter