48 hrs, 4 parks, 2 sisters - update 7/23 Day 3 The Long Awaited Conclusion!

Signing on for the fun! You had me laughing out loud on your last TR and I can't wait to see what you and your sister get into for this trip. :goodvibes

I'm here Joanna! Can't wait to hear about your sisters trip as I plan for mine. popcorn::

Oh no.....:scared1:

Oh no is right. I was so mad!

Please tell us you found your camera!!

That story about the little girl on the airplane is too cute. I wonder why the guy didn't move - maybe he thought he couldn't and finally figured out he could :confused3

I loved your honeymoon TR and can't wait to get this show on the road!!

I would love to tell you I found my camera.... but my mommy taught me not to lie...:sad2:

The girl was adorable! English wasn't the guy's first language - so maybe he just didn't understand. :confused3

Thank for reading along :goodvibes

This is exactly how I look in the airport. Cartoon-y and lost.

See... I knew it :cutie:

Hahaha! Subscribing now -- I read your wedding trip report and loved it! So funny! :rotfl: I can't wait to hear about your newest adventures!!!!!! :woohoo:

Welcome aboard! There were definitely adventures so stay tuned.

Signing on for the fun! You had me laughing out loud on your last TR and I can't wait to see what you and your sister get into for this trip. :goodvibes

Welcome. This report will have significantly fewer trains in it :rotfl:

Next update is coming up shortly!

Camera, Camera, where art thou?

I dumped my whole bag out searching for it. But it was gone.
It must have slipped out of my bag on the plane. I quickly called Panic who had already checked in and was walking into the room to see if she could help me track down some numbers.

She did, and I called, but no one answered, so I left messages. But by this point, I had given up all hope of recovering it…

Thank goodness I had downloaded all the pictures that morning!

It still has not been recovered, and I’m loosing hope.

Fortunately, I had a back-up that I'd brought for Panic…so I wasn't camera-less... But my nice Cannon was missing.

So I apologize in advance for the quality of the pictures – they’re either from my phone or my crappy $80 kodak.

So back on the ME….

We were driving towards Disney

102_0570.jpg

I tried to get a pic of the sign… but this is what I ended up with – Donald’s Butt and a Toyota

102_0572.jpg

Our first stop was POR - Riverside.

102_0575.jpg

102_0574.jpg

Then we stopped at the boardwalk.

102_0579.jpg

102_0580.jpg

Finally to the Beach Club.

102_0583.jpg

I made to the villas and when I got to the room, and Panic was waiting. I got to the room and dumped out the bag, just to be sure I really did loose the camera. I did.

102_0584.jpg

This is what Panic was describing - weird luck. I usually describe it as good bad luck. Like it's bad luck that I lost the camera, but good luck that I lost it at the beginning of the trip, so I didn't loose any pictures - and that I had a spare with me.

We scoped out the room (I'm spoiled because of the grand villa at BLT - this room was TINY in comparison) We had a great balcony. It was on an angle so it was bigger than a normal balcony and nice view.

102_0586.jpg

102_0587.jpg

After about the 5th time Panic proclaimed she was hungry – so we headed out in search of dinner…

Sorry all - I'm not sure why photobucket is being dumb. It's showing that all the pictures are resized - I don't know why some are big. Grrrr!

Oh, BOOOOOO! I cannot believe you lost your camera! That so stinks. :sad2:

I like the way you look on the bright side, though. I guess that's the only thing to do in a situation where it just can't be helped, huh?

Glad you made it to the resort. Can't wait to see where you guys end up for lunch.

I'm so sorry that you really did lose your camera!! My daughter lost mine on an Easter egg hunt (she borrowed it after I had taken some photos of her and her son and put it in her pocket instead of back in the camera case). Luckily a nice man & his little daughter found it, looked at recent pics taken and found us from the photo I had taken of my daughter. That was truly a blessing because it had been a gift from my oldest son (it was his and he didn't have any money to buy me a Christmas present so he gave me his own camera.) I truly hope that someone is honest and turns it in to the airlines so you will get it back.

We have always stayed at the BWV renting points and love having the Boardwalk view. We wanted to try Beach Club on our next trip but we weren't partial to the room decor or location of the Villa's side. I would love to have a water view overlooking the lake or Stormalong Bay though.

I'm here Joanna! Can't wait to hear about your sisters trip as I plan for mine. popcorn::

Welcome! :goodvibes I'm so jealous you're going to Harry Potter with your sisters! I have to wait until December boo!

Oh, BOOOOOO! I cannot believe you lost your camera! That so stinks. :sad2:

I like the way you look on the bright side, though. I guess that's the only thing to do in a situation where it just can't be helped, huh?

Glad you made it to the resort. Can't wait to see where you guys end up for lunch.

I was so mad about the camera. I loved it so, I just couldn't believe it. I was super protective of the other one the whole trip. I try to just let things flow. No sense in getting mad over something that can't be changed. I felt really stupid though!

The next piece is coming shortly (I'm determined not to drag this one out like I did the Jan one!) So you'll find out soon!

I'm so sorry that you really did lose your camera!! My daughter lost mine on an Easter egg hunt (she borrowed it after I had taken some photos of her and her son and put it in her pocket instead of back in the camera case). Luckily a nice man & his little daughter found it, looked at recent pics taken and found us from the photo I had taken of my daughter. That was truly a blessing because it had been a gift from my oldest son (it was his and he didn't have any money to buy me a Christmas present so he gave me his own camera.) I truly hope that someone is honest and turns it in to the airlines so you will get it back.

We have always stayed at the BWV renting points and love having the Boardwalk view. We wanted to try Beach Club on our next trip but we weren't partial to the room decor or location of the Villa's side. I would love to have a water view overlooking the lake or Stormalong Bay though.

I keep hoping someone will feel bad that there are wedding pictures on there (I downloaded them - but didn't delete them) and turn it it... but I'm loosing faith. At least I didn't loose any pictures. So glad someone honest found your camera!

I love the BWV, we haven't stayed there in a while - but the view is great. I agree the Beach Club villas' decor is weird. The drapes were really strange. But the loaction was just great and I love the feel of the resort. Normally, I would have sprung for a view - but with only 2 nights, it didn't seem worth it - we were hardly in the room.

So where did we go for dinner?

102_0588.jpg

Beaches and Cream! I couldn't stay at the BC and not get a No Way Jose!

It was about 7:00 (okay, it was 7:06 because I was joking with Panic that we were 6 minutes behind schedule, so we had to rush) I was expecting B&C to be crowded and figured we'd end up at the MK.

Wrong. There was plenty of room. I've never before been seated right away - and at a table to boot. Maybe the crowds wouldn't be as bad as I thought…

So.. hungry…can I eat the menu?

102_0589.jpg

Maybe the mustard?

102_0591.jpg

No… I think… I'm going to eat you if you don't stop taking pictures!

102_0592.jpg

Then, she was suddenly compelled to take a senior portrait for the year book

102_0593.jpg

(what is it about me that makes people want to pose like that? DH did the same pose in Jan!)

Fortunately, our food came pretty quickly, so Panic couldn't eat me.

She got a cheese burger - she was too hungry to wait for a picture.

102_0594.jpg

I got a turkey sandwich.

102_0595.jpg

I can't tell you why - but I also took a picture of the mayonnaise packets they gave us...

mmm… mayonnaise….
102_0596.jpg

As we were finishing our sandwiches 3 teenage guys came in wearing power ranger t-shirts to make them look like the black, blue and red power rangers Panic and I so wanted to get pink and yellow ones and join them! It was quite funny!

Then we got a No Way Jose. Mmmm chocolate-peanut butter-y goodness.

102_0597.jpg

I'm supposed to share with you?

102_0598.jpg

That thing is huge - we were both starving and here's the Damage we were able to do to it…

102_0600.jpg

Hopped up on sugar… we attempted to take a self - picture. It didn't work very well - but it's an awesome picture of the corner!

102_0599.jpg

As we left, we walked by the pool

102_0601.jpg

Then we headed to the bus stop - and caught a bus to...

You take the weirdest pictures: the road, partial shots of resort signs, mayo packets !?!?!?!!?!?!?!

I'd also like to share that Joanna had a particularly difficult time the ENTIRE trip figuring out how to take a picture of ourselves. It never quite sunk in that she need to point the camera a US, the people she's trying to take a picture of... not off to the SIDE ^_^'

And the senior portrait pose was specifically done because your husband took the same pic on your last trip. You should link to it to show the comparison.

I was starving that day. I had only eaten a snack bag of Chex Mix on the plane (best snack food ever, btw). The burger was glorious. As was the ice cream ^_^

Great update! I like the weird pics, btw! Keeps things interesting...:laughing:

Love the senior portrait pose - we should totally start a "senior portrait pose" trend on the DIS boards. Like everyone should do it and post pics of ourselves doing it in front of the Epcot ball, the castle, the hat, you get the picture! It would be fun. :3dglasses

OK, I have to get that sundae. That looks sooo good.

Welcome! :goodvibes I'm so jealous you're going to Harry Potter with your sisters! I have to wait until December boo!

haha, just think in December it will hopefully be not as crowded and definitely not as hot!

I'd also like to share that Joanna had a particularly difficult time the ENTIRE trip figuring out how to take a picture of ourselves. It never quite sunk in that she need to point the camera a US, the people she's trying to take a picture of... not off to the SIDE ^_^'

As DH would say, it's on account of my short little T-Rex arms. :rotfl: They can't reach that far.

And the senior portrait pose was specifically done because your husband took the same pic on your last trip. You should link to it to show the comparison.

I believe you're refering to this one...

IMG_0418.jpg

Love the senior portrait pose - we should totally start a "senior portrait pose" trend on the DIS boards. Like everyone should do it and post pics of ourselves doing it in front of the Epcot ball, the castle, the hat, you get the picture! It would be fun. :3dglasses

Glad you like the weird pics, cuz there's a lot of them. I'm a horrible picture taker... So there's a lot of "special" ones.

OK, I have to get that sundae. That looks sooo good.

haha, just think in December it will hopefully be not as crowded and definitely not as hot!

It's so yummy - you must get it.

We're going at Christmas, so the crowds will be hopeless - but you're right about the heat!

Best. Idea. Ever.

We'll keep it going in December. Maybe even take a few by Hogwarts in Universal. How fitting ^_^

Best. Idea. Ever.

We'll keep it going in December. Maybe even take a few by Hogwarts in Universal. How fitting ^_^

Glad you liked the idea! Can't wait to see what you do in December!! :laughing:

Hush... she doesn't need any more "good" ideas :rotfl2:

We'll have to see if we can get my mom to to the pose in December - that would be hilarious!

Mmmmm, I want some of that icecream... I do love the chocolate & PB combo!

The chocolate PB combo is the best! I have all my little favorite Chocolate PB desserts all around Disney. It's sad really!

So after our sandwiches and big bucket o' sugar... we headed out to the MK!!

The bus for the MK eventually came, and we hopped on.. Upon arrival, we quickly got Panic her AP, and went through the gates.

We found all the people. For a girl who is used to January and September crowds, this was a giant slap in the face. There were people everywhere!

It was close to parade time, so we headed to Adventureland, with our destination being the end of the parade route in Frontierland.

We walked through Adventureland, but everything had at least a 40 minute wait… until we got to

102_0602.jpg

5 minutes. So I suggested we go for it.

Panic is not a fan of dead things - skeletons and the like - so she was leery, but she agreed.

Yo Ho Yo Ho

102_0603.jpg

A pirate's life for me. Kabloom!

102_0604.jpg

With out first ride out of the way, we headed to the bridge by Splash Mountain to stake out our spot for the parade.

Obviously you can tell where we are from this picture!

102_0606.jpg

We were still hopped up on sugar, which made waiting difficult.

102_0605.jpg

All the good spots were taken, of course - since by the time w got there, the parade had already started elsewhere. But we could see the castle from our spot.

It was blurry since I had been up since 4 am.

102_0607.jpg

We found a decent spot and waited for the parade to begin.

See - despite what Panic says, and my little t-rex arms, I can too take a decent self pic!

102_0608.jpg

Before the happened, the aliens came and abducted us...

102_0609.jpg

(okay not really, but I don't know what else to say about that picture…)

It wasn't too long before we heard that old familar tune...

Obviously you can tell where we are from this picture!

102_0606.jpg

So I don't know if this peeves anyone else, but this ^ is how the MK AND Epcot look at night when you are trying to walk around. Really really really dark. This is Disney for goodness sake! Put up some better freaking lighting! It's difficult to see!

Okay, maybe they're trying to cut back on costs by saving electricity... so use some incandescent light bulbs! Don't let us wander around in the dark. It's no fun when you can't see anything.

>_<

Love MK - :wizard:

ADORE Pirates. pirate:

Good job getting the self-portrait :thumbsup2

:yay: Can't wait to see pics of the parade!

I love starting trips off at the MK - it feels so much more "disney" ish

I kind of forgot how "dark" Pirates is. It was a fun starter ride!

Coming up. shortly - There's a lot of pictures and not a lot of words in this one... so I could get 2 updates in one day.

So I don't know if this peeves anyone else, but this ^ is how the MK AND Epcot look at night when you are trying to walk around. Really really really dark. This is Disney for goodness sake! Put up some better freaking lighting! It's difficult to see!

Okay, maybe they're trying to cut back on costs by saving electricity... so use some incandescent light bulbs! Don't let us wander around in the dark. It's no fun when you can't see anything.

>_<

Gee really? That bugged you? Really? Panic complained (loudly) about this. Personally, I like the darker feel of the park at night. It somehow adds to the magic!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!