411 on special viewing options for fireworks/shows???

KK505

Earning My Ears
Taking my kiddos (9 and 13) for first time to WDW on 9/10 for boo bash and then we have park hoppers for 9/13 and 9/14. My son doesn’t do great with crowds so at DL we’ve paid extra for guaranteed fantasmic seating. What are the different options like this at MK that you would recommend I could keep a look out for possibly purchasing so he can hopefully get to experience HEA more successfully?

If they start doing them again, look for dessert parties. It’s a little pricy, but worth it if you really want a seat (and unlimited desserts is great too)

do you have experience with quality of view of the seated vs garden dessert parties? This would be our first time seeing HEA so I imagine seeing the projections is kinda important? :)

do you have experience with quality of view of the seated vs garden dessert parties? This would be our first time seeing HEA so I imagine seeing the projections is kinda important? :)

I’ve only ever done the garden area for that party, including the first time we saw HEA, and it was worth every penny. The problem with the terrace seating is that it’s off center from the castle, you’re looking at a side angle. The plaza garden is a far superior view and funny enough was the cheaper option. It doesn’t get crazy crowded either, even when they added the “after” option for eating.

I’ve only ever done the garden area for that party, including the first time we saw HEA, and it was worth every penny. The problem with the terrace seating is that it’s off center from the castle, you’re looking at a side angle. The plaza garden is a far superior view and funny enough was the cheaper option. It doesn’t get crazy crowded either, even when they added the “after” option for eating.

thank you, that is helpful to know because I think my preference is for the kiddos to be able to see the castle projections more clearly!

If they bring anything back in the way of a dessert party ( and I'm hoping they do!), my guess is it will be like the Fantasmic Dessert event, with a pre-packaged snack and drinks that you take with you to the viewing area. Fantasmic's was excellent and honestly, I wouldn't mind seeing the change. Buffets of any kind gross me out these days and I just don't see them doing a regular buffet. Of course the price won't go down no doubt.

If they bring anything back in the way of a dessert party ( and I'm hoping they do!), my guess is it will be like the Fantasmic Dessert event, with a pre-packaged snack and drinks that you take with you to the viewing area. Fantasmic's was excellent and honestly, I wouldn't mind seeing the change. Buffets of any kind gross me out these days and I just don't see them doing a regular buffet. Of course the price won't go down no doubt.
I could see them doing a similar thing for HEA as well. They've adapted the buffets fairly well. If Disney can make extra money with party offerings they will.

I could see them doing a similar thing for HEA as well. They've adapted the buffets fairly well. If Disney can make extra money with party offerings they will.
I can’t imagine them skipping the opportunity and it would be even more popular than before. I just won’t watch fireworks without it. That mass of crowd freaked me out before covid and now...ick!!

Sign us up, we are ready, I said to my DD last night, bring on the dessert parties!!!

Which is the best one to book for the MVMCP? I have a first timer going with us next year and I want this to be amazing for her.

With the way Disney is progressing and moving along to normalcy I can see buffets returning soon, including the buffet for HEA dessert parties. There's too much money being left on the table for them not to get this going too. There are buffets in my area that are open. Disney could have attendants serving from the buffet to make it appear a bit better.

I'm a huge fan of the garden party at MK. It was amazing and worth the money. So I hope it returns!

With the way Disney is progressing and moving along to normalcy I can see buffets returning soon, including the buffet for HEA dessert parties. There's too much money being left on the table for them not to get this going too. There are buffets in my area that are open. Disney could have attendants serving from the buffet to make it appear a bit better.

I'm a huge fan of the garden party at MK. It was amazing and worth the money. So I hope it returns!
we also enjoyed the garden party, more so in comparison to the terrace seating. GREAT view from the garden no matter where you sit.

I could picture Disney eliminating the buffet and possibly giving guests a pre-packaged dessert box or something like that. Having said that, there is nothing stopping Disney from reopening buffets at this point (from a covid restriction standpoint). Buffets have started happening again elsewhere.

There's no money left on the table if they switch to pre-packaged desserts like they did for Fantasmic- in fact, they'd save money. It would take less staffing and less food. Not a chance they'd reduce the price just like they haven't with other buffet meals that are no longer buffet. I think it's going to be a good long time before we see buffets like we use to, easily one of the last things to come back- if they ever do.

At this point, I think they could get away with just selling tickets to the garden viewing area- make them a special add on. I guarantee you, they'd sell out every night, desserts or no desserts. I'd be one of the first in line to buy. But there's more money to be made if they sell it as a dessert package and I think that's what they'll do. At least I hope so!

I can't imagine they won't do something and quickly. They are very good at bringing back things that bring them revenue.

There's no money left on the table if they switch to pre-packaged desserts like they did for Fantasmic- in fact, they'd save money. It would take less staffing and less food. Not a chance they'd reduce the price just like they haven't with other buffet meals that are no longer buffet. I think it's going to be a good long time before we see buffets like we use to, easily one of the last things to come back- if they ever do.

At this point, I think they could get away with just selling tickets to the garden viewing area- make them a special add on. I guarantee you, they'd sell out every night, desserts or no desserts. I'd be one of the first in line to buy. But there's more money to be made if they sell it as a dessert package and I think that's what they'll do. At least I hope so!

I can't imagine they won't do something and quickly. They are very good at bringing back things that bring them revenue.

True. Very true. After I posted I did think they could make more money stuffing some sweets in a box and having you sit in the garden area and blaming it on Covid. I would pay just to have a garden viewing seat...no food needed.

We've done the Tomorrowland Terrace garden once and the terrace once and much preferred the terrace seating. However they will try to seat you to the right on the lower terrace where the viewing is very obstructed. Insist on a seating to the left of the entrance. Garden can be hit or miss. We had a ton of people both inside and outside the fence - if you are not tall the people obscure the view. Haven't tried the Crystal Palace show. Desserts are really good.

I'm a big fan of the HEA dessert party with garden viewing. We've done the terrace as well and I will always choose the garden viewing from now on. The view is so much better, and I like that I have more room. I usually stay in the back so I can lean against the fence, and close to Main Street so the view is more centered. Almost every time people sit down on the grass, even during the show. The treats are usually pretty good, too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter