• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

40% off Value Resorts postcard

PrincessKitty1

Epcot is my happy place.
I received my first-ever postcard code earlier this week. It was for the Value resorts but stated "and there are other Resort room types available, including Disney Deluxe Villa Resorts, at varying rates."

Last night we booked a preferred room at All Star Movies next weekend for $63.00 including all taxes! A Mod was available for only $29 more per night, but we spend so little time at the resort that we decided to go with the Value Resort.

This is the first time we've EVER received a postcard code, and we're Florida Residents and have visited WDW probably 25 weekends in the last 4 years. Interestingly, my Annual Pass has my husband's last name on it, while the postcard came with MY last name. I'm thinking it was the result of registering for a Disney email newsletter, as opposed to getting a postcard because I'm an AP holder.

Well, I'm glad for the Florida residents that got the postcard, but this Florida resident NEVER gets a postcard. I tried to book a value room for January 25 for 1 night, and all they had was preferred rooms for over $100.00 including tax! I cannot (and won't) pay that for a value room in January! We'll just go for the day on the 26th.

Congrats PrincessKitty1 on your deal! :thumbsup2

Well, I'm glad for the Florida residents that got the postcard, but this Florida resident NEVER gets a postcard. I tried to book a value room for January 25 for 1 night, and all they had was preferred rooms for over $100.00 including tax! I cannot (and won't) pay that for a value room in January! We'll just go for the day on the 26th.

Congrats PrincessKitty1 on your deal! :thumbsup2

Thanks. We just had to cancel because our petsitter isn't available for next weekend.:sad1:

We are trying to r/s for the weekend of Jan. 24th, but DH got a very unhelpful cast member who cancelled our reservations and rescheduled at a rate of $94 per night without our approval (I just got the confirmation in my email :sad2: ). He's going to call again tomorrow and try again with somebody different.

Did you ask them for the Florida resident rate? We didn't, because we were trying to get the 40% off code, and the cast member just totally did not understand what we were asking.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter