• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

40% off room code

cindym

Mouseketeer
I have a trip planned and booked with the current 28% off code. My sister who is also on the reservation in the same room just got a pin for the 40% off code. Can I call and apply it even though the deposit was made with my credit card? We cannot get together for a couple of days so I do not have her info (credit card # etc) to make the change. She did give me the pin code. She is afraid she will mess up things so she wants me to do it. Another question is that we may add a day to the ressie since it is such a good deal. I hate to call WDW and get everything messed up as I already have the ADRS made. Thanks

The PIN's are tied to specific names in Disney's system so you will have to rebook your trip in her name. Depending on how close your trip is this may effect your deposit. I'm not sure that Disney can transfer your reservation into her name, we had to do something similar before and I had to cancel my reservation entirely and then rebook in the other name. This also could potentiall change the resort available b/c "only a certain number of rooms are available for discounts". If you are less than 45 days out you may be charged a fee/lost deposits. I would call Disney to confirm all of this before making any change. If you are afraid they will mess up your stuff just don't give them your information until AFTER you ask your questions. They can't change something they don't have up in front of them, make sense?

As far as your ADR's are concerned that won't matter they aren't tied to your resort reservation (even though they ask where you are staying, etc), so they won't automatically cancel if your room reservation does.

Thanks, we have a split stay that is not linked. We have 5 nights at POR with free dining and then 2 nights at the POLY with the 28% off. We may just change the stay at the Poly to 3 nights. I can't resist that 40% off! I just hope that there are rooms available.

Based on the conversation I had today with a CM (having just learned I too have a PIN on my name) the PIN is only good to the person whose name it is attached too. My mother is coming with us and if she wanted her on room and booked it under her name she would not get my Pin discount.

I suppose I could book two rooms and she just pay me?? Is that legal?

We already have our room so not planning on it, but is this how people get around it if need be?

OP, call, it can be done. I had a 40% pin and had no problem booking 2 rooms. One for us and one for my BFF and her DH. My reservation is in my name and hers in her name. Same thing for my October trip. My daughter had a pin and I had no problem booking a room for us and booking a room for her and her family. As long as the pin holder is part of the traveling party is was not a problem either time. (My Daughter does not live in my home.) In the second case the pin holder wasn't even the person paying and it was considered a magicaly gathering and I was the POC for the gathering.

Ok, I called today and just made a new ressie in my sister's name. The cm then cancelled our old one and we are all set! I was even able to put it all on my credit card not hers. We are now doing a split stay with 4 nights at POR (free dining) and 3 nights at the POLY with the 40% off. The pin she got was because her birthday is during our stay. My birthday is in Dec. maybe we will get another pin. lol

Ok, I called today and just made a new ressie in my sister's name. The cm then cancelled our old one and we are all set! I was even able to put it all on my credit card not hers. We are now doing a split stay with 4 nights at POR (free dining) and 3 nights at the POLY with the 40% off. The pin she got was because her birthday is during our stay. My birthday is in Dec. maybe we will get another pin. lol

That's great. I thought you could do it. You just had to get a good CM.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter