4 yr old Birthday at the Park ? - Does it have to be exact DOB?

sdckb

Earning My Ears
We will be at Orlando/WDW May 19 thru 30, staying on site May 19-25, then staying by SeaWorld till the 30th. Darling Daughter will turn 4 on the 29th. We may be at the park that day, we might not be. Does WDW still celebrate your Bday with a surprise in your room, or special desert at restaurant if you tell your server? Does it have to be ON the actual day or can you tell them a couple days earlier? Do you need to show proof of Bday? Obviously, otherwise EVERYBODY would say it was their Bday, right? Any suggestions? I am going to try and do a Princess character meal somewhere, and of course BBB as well.

Last year, when they gave the free day ticket for the birthday, they required proof.

But just to celebrate a birthday this year, they don't need proof. BUT. You can never *rely* on something being given to you, or something being in the room. It's an extra, a little surprise. I have heard that WDW is better about giving the little extras than DLR is, but still, you can't say absolutely that she will get a cupcake or whatever for her birthday.

What she WILL get, if you get a birthday button (for free, ask just about any CM) and she wears it, is lots and lots of happy birthday wishes!

We were there in June and our DD 2 had her b-day, sadly there were no special "extras" to speak of and we were at WL, she did as they say get some happy b-days from the pin and her shirt that we had, but nothing

But.....I have heard of some really cool stories for other folks, and on my birthday trip i did receive some nice lil perks around the parks like a free beer at Epcot, a free mickey bar at MK and a couple line jumps from the CM:wizard:

Get the button and see what happens. We spent 4 bdays at DLR last year and we all had different experiences. Disney doesn't care when the bday is, they will give you a button any day.

Get the button and see what happens. We spent 4 bdays at DLR last year and we all had different experiences. Disney doesn't care when the bday is, they will give you a button any day.

This year's theme is still "What Will You Celebrate"...last year we celebrated my son's 5th birthday there (his b-day is in January, but we gave him the trip FOR his birtday. And later found out all about the "theme" thing of the year). We were given a button for him to wear at check-in, and were given a special B-day card from "The Gang", as well as a special note from Capt. Jack Sparrow himself since we were in a "Pirate" room at CBR. I think if you mention it at check-in, your chances are good. Also, you can let your server/host know about the b-day, and you are likely to get a cupcake with a candle...And if it is a character meal, they do a whoop-it-up for everybody celebrating whatever all at once, like every hour...Hope you have a GREAT time, and Happy Birthday to your little one!!!:cheer2::cake::yay:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter