4 years later

gradtchr

<font color=teal>When I went to school, there was
It is so hard for me to believe that I have been married for 4 years tomorrow. I remember back to the beginning of my planning for my Disney Wedding and when I was really active on this forum. Now I read and comment when I can.

One thing I always enjoyed hearing about was the glad I did, wish I had and hadn't things and after 4 years my list has not changed.

I am still glad that:

I married the man I did. Nuf said!

I had a Disney wedidng. Sunset Pointe fir my and DH's personality perfectly. Having a small intimate ceremony was perfect for us.

Joined a private disney wedding planning board so I could vent and share EVERYTHING without worrying about my planner, family, and others seeing it. I am still active on that board and would have missed out on a lot of good friends if I hadn't.

Had Randy Chapman as my photographer

I had the MK photo shoot. The memories from that will last a lifetime.

Did the Grand 1 cruise for Wishes. Again the memories will last a lifetime.

Had the almond cake w/ raspberry mousse. I can still taste it today! YUMMERS!

Had Rev Day as the minister even though he missed a hugely important item on our requests. The violinist ignored him and continued on with our request which I am eternally grateful.

Wish I had:
I wish my grandparents had been there. My grandfather was buried 7 days before our wedding and the hurt and the grief were still very raw. I wish my Grandmother had been able to come but it was just not possible. I know my grandfather was watching from heaven but I wish he had been sitting in a chair where I could have given him a big hug.

A better dinner. We went to O'Hanas and although it is the favorite restaurant of most of my family it's not my favorite. I decided to do that so family could enjoy but I wish I had stuck to my guns and done a private dinner elsewhere.

Been able to convince family I did want to see them after the wedding. I don't get to see some family very often and they were there but thought we wouldn't want to be disturbed so they did not want to make plans with us. I however knew what I was doing when I had a destination wedding and did want to hang out.

Wish I hadn't:
Rushed and bought the first dress I saw then I wouldn't have had two dresses in the closet for years. LOL! I am glad I went with my second dress choice as it was much more me.

After 4 years DH and I still look back and are so happy with the decisions we made in regards to getting married at Disney. It made so much sense for us at the time and it still does today.

Ok enough reminiscing I'm going to go read about everyone else's plans and dream about the 10 year VR. :)

Thanks for sharing everything from your "4 years later" perspective!

Is the private site you are referring to "disneymooners"?

I am glad you didn't regret too much and I am very pleased about the things you were happy about as I am using both Randy and Rev Day too.

Congratulations on your 4th anniversary !!!

Congratulations on the 4 years! Do you have a planning journal on here?

Congratulations on the 4 years! Do you have a planning journal on here?

No there weren't pj's around here when I was planning. I have some recaps buried somewhere I think although I don't think I finished them........

Happy Anniversary!

We'll be celebrating our 4th too, in a few months :lovestruc

Happy Anniversary Beth!

Happy Anniversary!

We'll be celebrating our 4th too, in a few months :lovestruc

Us too! A happy one to you too!

It's starting to feel a bit like "old home" week here!;):rotfl:

My 4th anny this year too! Congrat's to all!

We opted for a Swan/Dolphin wedding as at the time Disney was pretty strict on the whole 15 ppl deal (pay $500 for more or something up to 20?) and we had more people but also wanted a reception at home.

I don't regret doing the Swan wedding. I do regret having my wedding at 5pm as it sarted raining at about 4:45! Should've known about the afternoon showers!

We did have time to 'play' with our guests the week after the wedding but we had to leave our 'honeymoon' by Thursday (married on Sat) to get back for our reception at home on Friday. I wish I would've left a little more room for a more relaxing honeymoon.

My family still 'thanks' me for the great time we all had in Fl. I feel truly blessed to have been able to experience such a great wedding day. I still remember it like it was yesterday.

And don't even think I'm not already planning my 10 yr VR :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter