4 WDW Resorts to allow dogs

I just booked our trip and had to decide on a different resort because of this. My daughter is severely allergic. We can sit beside someone and she swells up within minutes. The problem isn't just in the rooms either. If all of the laundry is thrown together, there will be animal dander on all of the bedding. No matter how much they wash it. This is a real worry when you child cannot breathe.

I just booked our trip and had to decide on a different resort because of this. My daughter is severely allergic. We can sit beside someone and she swells up within minutes. The problem isn't just in the rooms either. If all of the laundry is thrown together, there will be animal dander on all of the bedding. No matter how much they wash it. This is a real worry when you child cannot breathe.

The laundry facility is mucho impressive...I wouldn't worry about cross contamination...

But I wouldn't risk a severe allergy near a dog either...you did the right thing.

Last edited:
My issue isn't with dogs...though I know disney travelers and it's NOT the place to bring your dog...but that doesn't really affect me...

...my issue is the ill thought, 90 day stock cash grab mentality they rolled it out with.
Good grief...spend a little time and overhead getting the word out...invest a little in "canine logistics"...

..in essence: don't look so amateur.
I agree but my issue is sleeping in a bed that 50 dogs have been in. My DD brought her cat to my house once for a weekend visit.....and she takes care of her pet---- $ 800 to get rid of the flea infestation a couple months later....... one animal, two days......

I agree but my issue is sleeping in a bed that 50 dogs have been in. My DD brought her cat to my house once for a weekend visit.....and she takes care of her pet---- $ 800 to get rid of the flea infestation a couple months later....... one animal, two days......

...not only that, but they have to shock the floors with pymethrin to try and kill them...I don't want toddlers on that...under no circumstances. Not for $50.

...not only that, but they have to shock the floors with pymethrin to try and kill them...I don't want toddlers on that...under no circumstances. Not for $50.

Absolutely-- when the pest guy came to our house, he asked where the animal was. He couldn't believe that we didn't have one....... Other than the one weekend, the main location of the fleas was in an unused bedroom. Anyone need a room to rent in FL? No pets allowed.

I imagine the chemicals used to treat fleas aren't much worse than the ones used to treat bedbugs and lice and other insect infestations.

And what about the chemicals to remove vomit and blood and other human bodily fluids left behind? And if they aren't using strong chemicals on those things, future guests are exposed to the bacteria (and whatever else) that accompanies them.

Dogs can cause some pretty gross things to be left behind in hotel rooms. But so can humans. Anyone who believes she is getting a perfectly clean hotel room because a dog has never stayed there is fooling herself.

In many cases, I'd often prefer what the dog leaves behind than what the human leaves behind.

I imagine the chemicals used to treat fleas aren't much worse than the ones used to treat bedbugs and lice and other insect infestations.

And what about the chemicals to remove vomit and blood and other human bodily fluids left behind? And if they aren't using strong chemicals on those things, future guests are exposed to the bacteria (and whatever else) that accompanies them.

Dogs can cause some pretty gross things to be left behind in hotel rooms. But so can humans. Anyone who believes she is getting a perfectly clean hotel room because a dog has never stayed there is fooling herself.

In many cases, I'd often prefer what the dog leaves behind than what the human leaves behind.

I wouldn't want kids under 6 to have exposure to ANY of that stuff...or industrial cleaners for that matter...

In an ideal world.

But fleas would cause a "concentration" issue...they'd be worried about "losing" $349 a night (at pop)

Hotels are shocked anyway to control the...umm..."palmetto bugs"...right...

But the cat flea is one of toughest little buggers that Yahweh created 5,500 years ago while Moses was in his crib...

It surprises me that anyone would want to bring a dog on vacation to a place that you can't enjoy with your pet.

Yea, I saw somewhere else someone posting about how they are serious park goers, that their pets will be fine in their room all day, because they are well behaved / used to it, and while they appreciated everyone else's concerns they were very happy with the new policy because they would now be able to "sleep" with their puppies at night while on vacation....

I was just like !!??!?, going to leave you pet in a strange room all day, alone, because it makes you feel better at night to sleep with them ???

I am sure there are lots of really awesome pet owners who might take advantage of this new policy, who wont leave them alone all day, and will do their best to ensure people aren't affected by them. My problem is that even those best owners, taking all precautions will still leave behind the errant poop, or puke, and will still (thanks to Disney) impact the next people who stay in that room. And those are the best pet owners, the worst, well, ugh.

It surprises me that anyone would want to bring a dog on vacation to a place that you can't enjoy with your pet.

I don't see the point in it, either.
Just the thought of one of my dogs in a hotel room...:scared: He doesn't sleep, he waits. Plus the trip there alone would probably kill him from anxiety.
My other dog is lazy and would probably be fine, but she's much happier at home being spoiled by my cousin.

Yea, I saw somewhere else someone posting about how they are serious park goers, that their pets will be fine in their room all day, because they are well behaved / used to it, and while they appreciated everyone else's concerns they were very happy with the new policy because they would now be able to "sleep" with their puppies at night while on vacation....

I was just like !!??!?, going to leave you pet in a strange room all day, alone, because it makes you feel better at night to sleep with them ???

I am sure there are lots of really awesome pet owners who might take advantage of this new policy, who wont leave them alone all day, and will do their best to ensure people aren't affected by them. My problem is that even those best owners, taking all precautions will still leave behind the errant poop, or puke, and will still (thanks to Disney) impact the next people who stay in that room. And those are the best pet owners, the worst, well, ugh.

Yes, I am sure that when the dog starts crying and barking all day because the owners aren't there, that its not gonna bother other guests of the hotel

I know I'm beating a dead horse, but I just can't get past the inevitable "terrified toddler" scenes. At Disney World.

It's not at all uncommon for small children to be afraid of dogs. When you're small, and haven't had a lot of exposure to animals, a big, loud dog is pretty terrifying. Even the smaller yappy sort can be scary. Surely that's not what Disney wants those kids to remember about their WDW vacation?

The whole thing just seems like such a bad idea on so many levels.

I know I'm beating a dead horse, but I just can't get past the inevitable "terrified toddler" scenes. At Disney World.

It's not at all uncommon for small children to be afraid of dogs. When you're small, and haven't had a lot of exposure to animals, a big, loud dog is pretty terrifying. Even the smaller yappy sort can be scary. Surely that's not what Disney wants those kids to remember about their WDW vacation?

The whole thing just seems like such a bad idea on so many levels.
Well, I'm quite sure it wasn't what Disney wanted.

Until they decided there was a new revenue stream available.

Those people sound really spoiled and are lying to themselves...but that's first/final impression...

As a shareholder, I'd prefer to think that whomever is making these decisions is not that dumb. But I have to admit that available evidence in this case suggests otherwise. :(

You and the other 100 million shareholders (including me) need to accept the reality that they ARE that dumb.

The "D" saves them from the fallout from this kind of bad decisions...and a lot of others that aren't as obvious.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter