4 park challenge

BeachMouse1

DIS Veteran
So we are talking about doing the 4 park challenge. That’s one ride and a snack in each park correct? Is it really that difficult? I’m thinking can walk into MK at park open and do quick ride like Carousel of progress or Philharmagic which doesn’t usually have much of a line and grab a snack at confectionery and out on monorail to Epcot. I guess the outlier is animal kingdom getting there and it closes early. Have many of you done this and how difficult was it?

So we are talking about doing the 4 park challenge. That’s one ride and a snack in each park correct? Is it really that difficult? I’m thinking can walk into MK at park open and do quick ride like Carousel of progress or Philharmagic which doesn’t usually have much of a line and grab a snack at confectionery and out on monorail to Epcot. I guess the outlier is animal kingdom getting there and it closes early. Have many of you done this and how difficult was it?
It's not difficult at all, really.
My son and I rode Expedition Everest, Slinky Dog, Cosmic Rewind, and Tron.

Do it!!! It's not hard to do at all. It's just tiring by that fourth park and you have to start early. Last August (during Idalia) I did--in order--Hollywood Studios, Epcot, Magic Kingdom, and Animal Kingdom. I was staying at Coronado and took a bus to DHS, a boat to Epcot, the monorail to MK, and a Minnie Van to AK. I started just after rope drop and finished around 6pm. I made use of Genie+ and paid Lightning Lanes. I did two rides in each park except for Hollywood Studios. Because of the tail end of the hurricane passing through all morning, DHS lines were unbelievably short and I managed to do almost the entire park including all headliners (including SDD, which had a miraculously short 25-minute standby queue), in about two and a half hours. I fully understand this will never happen again in my lifetime--and I was soaking wet all day and came home with a bad cold that turned out to be covid--but it was worth it for that four parks in a hurricane badge!

I seem to recall other similar threads on this topic. Not sure what you accomplish by wanting to do this and then you are paying something like $100/park to do one ride? I guess I don't get why this would be someone's 'goal'.

We did it by accident, hadn't really planned to. We even spent all morning at HS, ate a long lunch, before heading to Epcot in mid afternoon. Still made it to Epcot (Guardians) MK (Splash) and AK (couple rides, including EE.) Ended up taking a big variety of transportation too, so that made it extra fun! We didn't take pictures though, as we didn't realize we were really doing it, until after MK.
Have a great time!

I seem to recall other similar threads on this topic. Not sure what you accomplish by wanting to do this and then you are paying something like $100/park to do one ride? I guess I don't get why this would be someone's 'goal'.
In my case, we didn't really set out to do "the challenge".
Those are just his favorite rides, and he wanted to ride them all the last day of our trip, so we did :)

I have done it on each of my WDW trips. It's not difficult to do and it's fun.

Crossed it off the bucket trip years ago. Much ado about nuthin IMO lol to each their own!

Even with a rental car, seemed to be spending a lot of time on transportation.

Fun to do once just to say we did it!

We did AK -> HS -> EP -> MK

Not hard to do with Genie+

7:20 in AK for early entry
7:46 on Avatar (walk on)
8:10 Navi River (5 min)
8:30 coffee/breakfast
9:18 Dinosaur (walk on)
9:50 Everest (15 min)
Photo (Tree of Life)
Snack (Mickey bar)
10:18 bus to Hollywood Studios
10:35 at Hollywood Studios
Photo (Chinese Theater)
11:15 Tower of Terror (23 min)
Photo (Tower ofTerror)
12:00 Star Tours (12 min)
12:30 TSM (LL)
1:00 Woody's (Totchos)
1:15 Slinky Dog (LL)
1:35 Skyliner to Epcot
2:00 at Epcot
2:45 Soarin (30 min)
3:00 Living with the Land (5 min)
Photo (Epcot Ball)
3:40 Test Track (LL)
Snack (F&G carts)
5:30 The American Adventure
(Guardians down - ILL refund)
6:50 Monorail to MK
Photo (Castle)
7:30 Haunted Mansion (LL)
7:50 Space Mountain (LL)
8:10 Buzz (LL)
8:30 Tron (ILL)
Snack (Sleepy Hollow waffle)
Fireworks
9:33 It's a Small World (5 min)
9:55 PhilharMagic
11:10 Tron (VQ 40 min)
Photo (Lantern)
11:40 At bus stop

We did it years ago, when FastPasses were a thing. Our criteria was 5 attractions, 1 photopass photo, and 1 meal/snack per park. We dis AK -> HS - EP - MK. Just 1 attraction per park seems way too easy.

We did it by accident on Thanksgiving Day a few years ago. We spent through lunch at MK, then went to HS to ride ToT. As we were snacking there, someone noticed FoP was a reasonable wait, so we bounced over there. Then AK was closing and we laughed if we went to EPCOT and rode something we would have done all four parks, so we did. It was fun! But we had AP that year, so we didn’t feel the pressure to get everything done, just having fun.

I think the challenge is more for people doing a longer stay - not for those spending one or two days in The World.

For me it's two rides in each park - no Genie+ (or FastPass in the olden days). Easy to do. I really enjoy Disney transportation so that's a big part of the fun - how many different modes of transportation can I do in that one day.

I think the challenge is more for people doing a longer stay - not for those spending one or two days in The World.

For me it's two rides in each park - no Genie+ (or FastPass in the olden days). Easy to do. I really enjoy Disney transportation so that's a big part of the fun - how many different modes of transportation can I do in that one day.
Exactly we will be there 10 nights and go often so getting everything done isn’t important to us this just sounds fun

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter