3rd Annual We are "NEVER" going to Disney in the summer again"

As some of you know, I have been playing around with the BC site since last night, so I'm not sure if I will get to the T-Rex update today. I'll try!

I did edit my Fayecation post to tell the story of my takeout around the world. kldmom2000, I thought you would be interested in this. I replied to your post about to go orders from the Tangierine, with photos, of course. They are really good with takeout. We did this once in 2008, once in 2009 and twice this year.

Hi There,
Followed you over here from the Y&BC thread. Looking forward to hearing more about your trip. I love what you have so far. Great pics of the BC lounge! Club level is the best! Enjoyed reading about your Epcot/DTD day. Our family are Disney veteran's but I have learned a lot of new tips reading your trippie. I was going to write a TR after our June beach Club vacation but just can't find the time.

I came from the BC thread too! I JUST NOW figured out your screen name! DOH! My brain is still on vacation! :laughing:
Your title sounds like something that was muttered a few hundred times during our trip!
I will be doing a TR on our recent trip too. I will have a Teena picture and can send it to you. PM me the info.

Glad to see so many Y&BC friends over here!!!

HockeyMomR- thanks so much for the photos of the kiddie slide. They were exactly what I wanted!

kaysmommie- Glad you have found some useful tips. I have quite a few more! I discovered a lot of things in our past two trips.

MNDisneygirl- sent you a PM with the photo information. Thank you so much for adding to Teena's book!

I'm going to try to work on my T-Rex post before heading out to trivia tonight.

The great town of Londonderry, NH. Seems like we have alot of NE following this TR.:)[/QUOTE]

See you at SAB

Oh, Oh, Packing Tip!!!

When we use multiple suitcases on a trip, I make sure that we spread out our clothes between the suitcases instead of having a suitcase assigned to each person. That way, if a suitcase is lost in transit, everyone will have something to wear. Well almost everyone. My husband doesn't follow this advice, so all of his clothes are in one suitcase. But I pack for me and the kids, so our stuff is spread out.

I do the same thing, I split DD & DS stuff between their suitcases and DH & mine in our suitcases, just in case. I travel quite a bit for work and have had mine lost several times, no fun. I unpack eveything once we get to BC anyway so it doesn't matter for the flights. I purchased last time a hanging organizer for DD's stuff that hangs on the closet pole so I can put outfit for the day in each slot and she can grab and go. then we have more room in the dressers. I have done the ziploc bag/day packing too but since we are doing so many Signature Dining we will need more then one outfit per day.

I am SO sorry for taking so long to get to my next update! Those of you who frequent the Beach Club board know I spent a lot of time the past few days working on the forum front-page, so I am sure you forgive me. For everyone else following along, I appreciate your patience!

My DH was disappointed I didn't have anything new on Friday afternoon for him to read on the train on his commute home. And there wasn't an update from RigLee's "my DH got arrested" TR either!

Are you guys following that one? I am enjoying it and think it is a really great and entertaining story...

As I mentioned in Ben’s bio, he loves dinosaurs. I mean he LOVES dinosaurs! He has dinosaur books- somewhere between 30 and 50- fiction, non-fiction, encyclopedias, picture books. He has dinosaur toys. He has dinosaur DVDs- Jurassic Park trilogy, Walking with Dinosaurs, Prehistoric Park. Ben has dinosaur clothes. As my dad once said “Ben has more dinosaurs than existed in the time of dinosaurs!” A lot of boys outgrow their love of dinosaurs, and we are seeing some of that happen as Ben gets older, but he is still pretty into them. And he can name them all! Even the more unusual ones like Spinosaurus (his favorite), Dimetrodon, Liopleurodon (an ocean reptile), Compsygnathus and MegaGigantorus. OK, I made that last one up.

But the point is, T-Rex Restaurant is a must-do for our family.

Check out the shirt:

P7120398.jpg

T-Rex is one of those hybrid Disney restaurants. They do not honor the Disney Dining plan, but you can now make reservations for the restaurant through Disney Dining. I believe Disney has a block of reservations, so if you can’t get a ressie through Disney or for the time you want, I suggest calling the restaurant directly. We made our reservation directly with T-Rex in 2009, but this year we booked it on-line when I made our other ADRs. When we were paying the bill, we asked if we could charge it to our resort room. The waiter said we could but for some reason it takes extra time to do this or an extra step or something, so we just used a credit card. One other interesting tidbit: Occasionally there are posts on the Theme Park or Restaurant boards asking if you can use Rainforest Café coupons at the T-Rex since they are both owned by Landry’s. Well, I printed out the coupons and asked the waiter at the end of our meal. He said no, they don’t accept them, but he offered to check with his manager to see. He came back and said that Sue (he made it a point to tell us to remember her name) did approve the use of the 99 cent or free kids meal with adult purchase, so I think we got about $12 off the bill.

I never respond to the posts that ask “Can you use the coupons?” It is definitely worth a try! This is a special tip exclusively for readers of my trip report!

Here's a link to some Landry's coupons:
http://www.mousesavers.com/Landrys_Coupons_123010.pdf

Phone number: (407) 828-TREX (8739)

Quickie review. We enjoyed this meal. Atmosphere is unbelievable! Food was surprisingly good. Portions were Jurassic-sized, worthy of a dino-themed place. Prices- on the expensive side, but are there any places to eat at Disney World that aren’t? Since the restaurant is not on the Dining Plan, you have some flexibility in ordering: You can order an appetizer for your entrée if you choose to. Your 11 year old who is considered “an adult” by Disney standards can get a kid’s meal. You don’t HAVE to order dessert since it is not automatically included in your meal.

Finally, Pictures!

P7120362.jpg

This guy greets you on the way in (T-Rex, of course).

P7120367.jpg

P7120387.jpg

There are a bunch of different themed areas:

The bar is a Prehistoric Under Sea Reef Theme

P7120401.jpg

P7120403.jpg

P7120406.jpg

Fire Pit where they roast stuff

P7120392.jpg

Here is the Color-Changing Ice Room

IMG_0596.jpg

IMG_0597.jpg

And of course, Dinosaurs and other Prehistric Creatures

P7120397.jpg

P7120369.jpg

IMG_0606.jpg

IMG_0600.jpg

Oh, yeah, it’s a restaurant! How was the food?

I ordered the Jurassic Shrimp Skewers- Grilled Shrimp with red and green bell peppers and onions, served over Raptor rice with mango fruit salsa and lemon butter sauce. Mark got the Lost World Chicken Salad on Croissant. We split our dinners. Both were excellent. Ben ordered the popcorn shrimp, and I’m not sure what Nate had- no picture- probably mac and cheese.

P7120408.jpg

P7120407.jpg

Portions are HUGE! The kids however, were able to consider dessert.

Ben had the Chocolate Tarpit (Pot of “Oreo Cookie” dirt, chocolate pudding and gummy dinos

P7120415.jpg

Nate ordered the Saber-tooth Sundae- Chocolate Chip Cookie topped with vanilla ice cream and chocolate sauce.

P7120414.jpg

We left the restaurant feeling very full and I as I mentioned earlier, with headaches.

Thanks for the review Dee! It looks like a very cool place that I would have never considered before, now off to try and get an ADR.

Do you have the old Dinosaur tv series for Ben? We just saw it at Best Buy the other day, first thing we thought was "Not the mama, Not the mama!" Ok, if you haven't seen the show, you wouldn't get that.

We need to eat at T-Rex, love the pics.:thumbsup2

Looks like a great restaurant for families with Dinosaur lovers! We definitely would have taken our kids there when they were younger if it had been around.

Great pictures too!

Maybe someday if I have grandchildren we'll bring them there! :idea:

Do you have the old Dinosaur tv series for Ben? We just saw it at Best Buy the other day, first thing we thought was "Not the mama, Not the mama!" Ok, if you haven't seen the show, you wouldn't get that.

We need to eat at T-Rex, love the pics.:thumbsup2

No, I don't think Ben has seen the Dinosaur tv show. Did they start reshowing episodes a few years ago on one of the cable channels? I think I started to watch it, maybe with Nate, but he wasn't into it. Dinosaurs were not really his thing.

Looks like a great restaurant for families with Dinosaur lovers! We definitely would have taken our kids there when they were younger if it had been around.

Great pictures too!

Maybe someday if I have grandchildren we'll bring them there! :idea:

Definitely a fun restaurant and it is so awesome to go with someone who is obsessed with dinos!

awesome pictures of Trex! My husband & I can't wait to try it on our next trip.

Welcome to my report. I would give the little "welcome" smilie, but I haven't been able to find it. Hope you enjoy the restaurant. It is fun and the food was surprisingly good. You think that you go to an over-the-top restaurant that the food might not be that great, but it really was.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter