30 Days to go! When do I pack? When do I shop?

SandraC

Longs for the feeling of sandy salt water in her k
We went to WDW last April so you'd think I would remember all this stuff, but I can't recall a thing!

When do I pack?

Will my sun screen from last year be okay to use this year?

When do I buy food?

What things should I be doing 30 days before trip! THANKS! Sandra

WHAT??? Your NOT packed NOW??? What are you WAITING FOR????!!LOL Ok. You should be "thinking" of packing now, like making a list, etc. Yes, check the Date on your sunscreen, if it has one your ok, if not, buy NEW and MAKE sure it has an Expiration Date. I would start buying Snacks now, like Cookies, Cereal, Chips etc. Make sure you get them on sale, like buy one get one free kind of stuff! Also, about 8 days before, buy Soda, Water, and juice boxes if you use them. Oh, and HAVE A GREAT TIME and give us a trip report when YOU get BACK!;) :D

I usually make a list about 30-45 days prior to our trip. Then around 20-30 days prior I usually start casually packing a few things here and there, placing a small check on the list beside the item. 7 days prior I go through everything and make sure it's all there and packed efficiently. Then I give it a final once over the day before. (Really the night before :crazy: ) I also like to make 2 list of all confirmation and PS#'s. I put one in backpack and one in the suitcase. I make up a very loose general plan 60 days prior. For example if we are going to MK on Thursday then I make sure Cindy's ps is Thursday. If we want to see Fantasmic on Friday then we do MGM & Hollywood &Vine on Friday. Since we go during a slow time of the year the parks open late and close early. We hate wasting time on hopping all over the place.

I am at 41 days and counting. I have already started to set things aside. I say pack a year ahead for the fun of it. Just kidding. It is kind of fun to start to pack. So have some fun now!!!
One thing I wanted to pass on was that I had asked my pharmacist about sunscreens and if they get old. I agree if it says a date on it, you are ok. If not, he said to only keep them one season. He mentioned that alot of the sunscreens are going to start to post expiration dates. Again have fun!!

Thx! I had started a little box of things to bring and put it on my bedroom floor. The THINGS TO BRING got bigger and bigger and now it's just a MOUND on the floor! I think I started packing clothes three weeks before for last years trip. I even did a prepack about a week before to see that everything fit. dh likes to travel light. I like to bring EVERYTHING we MIGHT need ~ I figure we are only hauling it to and from the airports ~ it's not like we have to carry the stuff on Space Mountain! THANKS AGAIN! S

LOL Sandra!! I have 3 days to go and I haven't even started yet!!:eek: I have managed to finish all the laundry though!! :D

We went to WDW at Christmas 2001; we are going again for Spring break, 3/30-4/702. When we returned, we washed everything in the suit case and repacked it instead of putting it in the closets and dressers. The only things we will have to add are toiletries and clean undies...we don't have enough of those to leave a week's worth packed! LOL

It is pretty bad when you keep a suit case packed and ready for a Disney trip!

Pack now. :bounce:

Shop at Downtown Disney. :bounce:

Buy food when it's on sale. :bounce:

Put it all on your credit card that gives reward points! :D :bounce: :bounce: :D

Start all over the day after you get home :wave:

You may want to take the above "with a grain of salt." However, there is much truth in my silliness!

My family and I leave on Tuesday and in my mind I am all packed, but I still have to actually get all the clothes together and all the misc stuff--I pack for everyone, me, DH and four kids! I feel very disorganized right now, guess I should start before Tuesday :D

Shop for Discounted Disney merchandise before you go to the Parks at Belz Outlets,Lake Buena Vista Factory Stores,or Orlando Premium Outlets is great for bargain hunters!!
Here is a site that lists these stores and more.
Click here to check it out,and then click on the store title to go to there websites for maps,directions,and special deals!!
http://www.destinationorlando.com/shopping/orlando_shopping.html

Plus the site has alot more!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter