30 day advance dining reservations - struck out!

MrStrange

Earning My Ears
Wanted to check if this is pretty common for everyone:

Our package stay starts 30 days from today. Just called to make dining reservations and literally every day of our 3 day stay is booked out at Magellans and the SS Columbia (party of 4).

Did we miss something in the rules or did we just pick an incredibly busy Sunday-Tuesday stay period?

(Will say, I tried using online and saw no availability so called, and the agent was super helpful. Still no available at the above restaurants but they found a spot at Blue Bayou and Sakura).

Since we really want to visit Magellan's, what are the daily priority reservation odds considering nothing available online?

Thanks!

Well, 3/31 is booked out for dinner (lunch is available) but 4/1 has lots of availability for both meals. I can't see 4/2 but it should be even more open than 4/1.

MRDPfgY.jpg

Gjfgra6.jpg

This is the dinner availability. Lunch is even better. (I searched assuming you're bringing the party of 4 you mentioned in another post.)

I don't know why you can't see this online or why the CM pretended not to be able to see it over the phone. But, call back.

Well, 3/31 is booked out for dinner (lunch is available) but 4/1 has lots of availability for both meals. I can't see 4/2 but it should be even more open than 4/1.

MRDPfgY.jpg

Gjfgra6.jpg

This is the dinner availability. Lunch is even better. (I searched assuming you're bringing the party of 4 you mentioned in another post.)

I don't know why you can't see this online or why the CM pretended not to be able to see it over the phone. But, call back.
This is Magellan’s, btw.

Wow that is crazy!
Thank you for sharing that. Is that from the Japanese language booking site or the Package reservations site? Do you know for sure they utilize the same inventory?
I was going to try again now, but the whole site is down for maintenance!
Anything I could say to agent so as to not offend them by saying I can see the availability online?

MRDPfgY.jpg

Gjfgra6.jpg

Wow that is crazy!
Thank you for sharing that. Is that from the Japanese language booking site or the Package reservations site? Do you know for sure they utilize the same inventory?
I was going to try again now, but the whole site is down for maintenance!
Anything I could say to agent so as to not offend them by saying I can see the availability online?
This is general public availability on the Japanese website. I don't have a package booked at that time. Should be the same inventory.

If you could see it online, you could ostensibly book it online by yourself, so I wouldn't go the route of "calling them out," so to speak. Nothing you say is going to convince them to give you a reservation that they don't want to give you, so the goal would be to HUCA until you get a CM that wants to give you the reservation.

Thank you for your help and advice!
It definitely is different inventory on the package "privilege reservations" vs. the Japanese website. The second telephone reservations agent (with interpreter) confirmed the difference and was helpful enough to grab a spot at Magellan's and at SS Columbia.

4 and 1/2 weeks out from our trip to Japan, think everything is sorted now!

This is general public availability on the Japanese website. I don't have a package booked at that time. Should be the same inventory.

If you could see it online, you could ostensibly book it online by yourself, so I wouldn't go the route of "calling them out," so to speak. Nothing you say is going to convince them to give you a reservation that they don't want to give you, so the goal would be to HUCA until you get a CM that wants to give you the reservation.

It definitely is different inventory on the package "privilege reservations" vs. the Japanese website. The second telephone reservations agent (with interpreter) confirmed the difference and was helpful enough to grab a spot at Magellan's and at SS Columbia.

Glad you were able to get your reservations!
If you're 4 and 1/2 weeks out, isn't that more than 30 days? Confused.

While it doesn't exactly surprise me that they're blocking overseas packages from accessing full dining availability, the fact that they cheerfully admitted this to you is kind of hilarious.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!