• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

3 Visits this Year??!

I'm guilty of 3 times in 12 months - 11/01, 9/02 & 10/02! Of course the middle trip was actually for business in Tampa - I flew in early & drove to MK for the day !! How on earth could I step foot in Florida without going to see the Mouse!?!

Christine

As someone who is planning trips #5 & 6 for '04, y'all sound pretty sensible and moderate to me! DH likes to look at it in terms of how much we're saving by having APs. I don't have the heart to remind him how much more we're spending because the APs encourage us to take more trips.

Yep ::yes:: yep ::yes:: yep ::yes:: , us too! Went in January, going first week of October, then going end of December for New Years Eve. Why...is there somewhere else to vacation? :p

Just booked December, so this will make in three in a year for us too (plus a trip to DIsneyland). I finally realized I need the AP, and got them in AUgust.

Originally posted by steveanddonna
As someone who is planning trips #5 & 6 for '04, y'all sound pretty sensible and moderate to me!

Right there with ya steveanddonna!! #5 is the end of this month and #6 is in december :eek: :eek: :eek:

On this annual pass we will end up with 5 trips unless I can figure out a way to add a 6th. I think thats the most we have done in a yaer, usually it's 3d or 4 trips. I'm loving it.

You all just have to move to FLorida then forget the 3 visits and make it a 15 visits. Come on down, forget the Hurricanes and just think, Disney, Disney, Disney!

Originally posted by currycook
You all just have to move to FLorida then forget the 3 visits and make it a 15 visits. Come on down, forget the Hurricanes and just think, Disney, Disney, Disney!

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Spoken like a true DISer!:teeth:

I call this the year of Disney! Four days over Mother's Day began the year. Second trip coming up in Nov. Mother/daughter week in Jan and get in one last week the first of May -before the AP runs out. I've been afraid to ask the boss for the May week off since she thought the third trip to WDW was weird. I'll wait to ask off until Febuary even though all the plans are made!!
princess:

Originally posted by newcomer52
I call this the year of Disney! Four days over Mother's Day began the year. Second trip coming up in Nov. Mother/daughter week in Jan and get in one last week the first of May -before the AP runs out. I've been afraid to ask the boss for the May week off since she thought the third trip to WDW was weird. I'll wait to ask off until Febuary even though all the plans are made!!
princess:

My boss thinks we are totally crazy, he just rolls his eyes everytime I tell him I am taking time off. Still haven't told him about the Dec. trip yet. I am sure that will put him over the edge. :crazy:

Another guilty party here. I took my DD for her first trip in October. She loved it so much we went for her 4th birthday in May and then again in August for a surprise. I couldn't resist the codes that came out and since we live in Atlanta, we can drive down easily. We'll be back in December - 4th trip in 14 months. Many people think I'm crazy for going so often, but my DD really loves the place. Every time on the drive home, she asks when we are going back. I know WDW won't be her vacation destination choice forever, so we are enjoying it now.

This is exactly why I spend so much time on these boards! You all understand! Everyone else I know just looks at me, rolls their eyes, and tells me I am nuts! We were there in April, I am going in 2 weeks for a trip with my mom, and also taking MY 3rd trip this year with DH (6) for MNSSHP in October!..............Would it surprise you that I am also planning a trip for next June>> :hyper:

Hey hcteacher ~

Does the hc stand for handicapped? If so, I believe we could commiserate here!! I am a teacher of the handicapped also and as such I believe I do more 'lesson' planning for my Disney fixes than I do for my classroom.

I will be taking my 6th and 7th trip this year in Oct. for MNSSHP and to celebrate my daughter becoming a teenager in Nov. I, along with you, receive the eye rolling routine along with bug eye stares and quite a few"you've got to be kidding!" expressions of shock from my co-workers.

I found a solution....I became a TA as my part-time job(don't ALL teachers have p/t jobs?!?). So now everyone just assumes I travel to Disney for RESEARCH so the stares and eye rollers have been giving me a little break!!!

Isn't addition great when there are NO side affects????

I DO understand and do not sympathize but celebrate that we have sooooo much company!!!!

Debbie

I believe my countdown clocks make it pretty clear that I'm right there with the rest of you.
::yes:: :wave: ::yes::
Kathi

LOL. I'm going for trip number 3 this year also. I look at it like it is better to be addicted to WDW than alot of other things like alcohol, drugs or gambling. We are addicted to pure, clean FUN! And I wouldn't have it any other way!

:Pinkbounc Let me start by saying everyone thinks I am nuts including myself...I believe my husband when he says I have a illness...At leasts I know that Iam not the only crazied person out there... If I die broke my family will say it is because of disney. If I put as much effort in losing weight I would be thin... I find myself hurrying to get the house cleaned up just to see whats happening on this boards... We were down in Jan 04 for 12 days. We leave Oct 27 till Nov 3 then back again Dec 8 thru the 12 then for the a 14 days in Jan.. I have lost my mind....It is truly my hobby...See you all soon.. Pray for our favorite state and all those people.....

3 is our lucky number too. Every couple of months we start missing Disney and end up planning a trip. We were supposed to go to Hawaii this past summer but I convinced my DH WDW was a better choice. What can I say he loves me :love: :love2:

We actually are going to Hawaii in 2005 but along the way, we are spending a few days in LA ,...HELLO, DISNEYLAND:teeth:

Our 3 trip this year will be in November after Thanksgiving when the Christmas decor is up. Dh doesn't know this yet but what can I say except....:love2: :lovestruc :love: ....he loves me!

WDW vacation # 4 for 2004 starts in just 42 days!

Guilty!!!! We went 2 weeks in jan 2003- 1 week in may 2003- 1 week oct. 2003 1 week feb 2004 and now we are going 1 week in Oct. 2004. So that makes 5 times in a 1.5 years. I sometimes think people think we are nuts, but it is awesome down there, any you can never get enough of Mickey & friends
:Pinkbounc :wave:

Count me in.... I can stay at my parents who live 15 min away from WDW (and I do about every other month), but this year we will make 3 trips and stay onsite! woo hoo! We went July 4th weekend, and will be going at the end of Sept for my birthday (an annual tradition, cuz where else would I want to spend my bday?!) and in Oct for MNSSHP.

Right now I'm worrying about Ivan who they say is coming straight for us... and we have a trip planned to Hilton Head, SC leaving this Sunday... the hurricane will hit probably on Monday.... we'll never be able to leave the state with the traffic jams of other people fleeing!! I am worried but praying that it will not hit us.

Please pray for us Floridians, we do not need a 3rd hurricane!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter