3 reports + links to more- 8 days since May + conversations galore

OK, wow, I was barely into E's b'day. Looking at my pictures...I took almost none that day! Crazy.

So we'd finished with his hair, and he was happy with sword and shield. On the way out, I asked a CM (who looked in charge, as she wasn't in costume) if BBB required tips, and she said they weren't allowed to take them but thank you for asking. I wasn't really wanting to tip, but also didn't want to faux pas entirely, ya know?

They let you out a side door, and at that point we needed to get his Birthday Fun Card. We were supposed to have done that (per the Plan) that morning, but we were late so opted to just take the monorail in, if you recall.

So we needed to get to City Hall! Hey look, there's a horse drawn carriage. We've never ridden (as a family, at least; I think I did on a solo trip) in one of those, let's go! Someone in the front of the carriage was wished a happy birthday, then the CM who said it noticed E's. He couldn't pronounce E's name so he asked...I answered, and then someone towards the front of the car turned around and asked "are you Molly?" :upsidedow It was boiseflyfisher, if my memory isn't failing me altogether! It was really neat, though brief. I felt bad for being un-animated, but we were tired and cranky, so I'm sorry bff (hey those are some good username initials!) that I didn't immediately move us to your row and talk your ear off. I wasn't up to par that day. :flower3:

The trip was nice, the line at City Hall was long. For some reason they did not offer the Goofy call, and I forgot, whoops! The CM named Robert was astonished, b/c he'd already done 5 Birthday things that morning, and all of them were for that day (obviously) and that same year. Whoa.

OK I was going to take a picture of the funcard, but even though it was *right here* 5 minutes ago and nothing has changed on the table...I can't find it. Guess it's off with my phone! My phone, which is needed, b/c I *have to* call a nearby apartment complex to see if they have openings, b/c we *have to* move, which is so awful and rotten and I hate hate hate it. But it's necessary; it was thought of before, in a "wow we are spending just too much in housing even though it's not really impacting us" and now we really need to. Sigh. Guess our neighbor was almost right last year, when he said "hope you have a nice year here!"

So anyway, no pic of the funcard for now.

Well after going all the way to the front of the park, now that "Disneyland's birthday present" was in his hot little hands (or rather, my backpack), there was a desperate NEED to go on Star Tours in order to wind up in the giftshop.

And so we went! As usual, poor Cptn Rex. Shortly after, E had his Stormtrooper (or "strongtrooper", as he says it normally (though he CAN say it correctly, he just doesn't like to)) blaster. Joy oh joy! He'd seen it at 3.5 and he's been waiting to be 5, just to get it. Patience, thy name is Eamon. Sort of.

I totally expected that he would spend it all on that shopping visit, but he didn't. Just wanted the blaster. Amazing.

Now...in reading my notes, I think I got something in the notes a bit backwards. I definitely remember what I'm about to mention happening *before* Star Tours.

And in remembering this, I realize I stated something wrong earlier.

You see, other than coffee, I hadn't had anything to eat yet. Robert brought me something from the lounge, but it was a chocolate chip muffin of the sort I'd had at the DVC presentation on the Diva's trip, and it had that sort of *not actually GOOD, but addictive and kind of nasty* flavor. I brought it with me, but hadn't eaten it. Because it was still an option, I hadn't eaten a mojo bar.

So right before Star Tours, Molly had a tantrum. :sad2: I was quiet about it, I promise, but I'm quite sure that the words "I don't think I like our trips anymore" were said to Robert. :headache::scared: Thankfully I'm pretty sure he saw it for what it was (horribly low blood sugar plus exhaustion) and didn't react (whew).

So after the quick ST ride and shopping, we headed to DCA for some FOOD. What food? Wine Country Trattoria, of course!

Isn't that crazy? That of all the places you could be in DLR, you just happened to get in a carriage with another DIS-er - and one who knew exactly who you were by your son's name?!! There is no more appropriate time and place to marvel, "It really IS a SMALL WORLD after all." I have yet to even see a telltale LGMH at DLR, let alone end up on a ride with someone who instantly knows who I am.

I didn't get a chance to check in on your TR yesterday, so I am late in commenting, but Robert sounds like a man of great inner strength and you are clearly a fantastic support system for him. Poor guy - he has so much to deal with health-wise, job-wise, and now you all have to move as well (which is always referred to as one of life's biggest stressors, even if you are just moving nearby)....sometimes things seem to just pile up all at once. I am sending lots of 'baby vibes' your way also!:goodvibes

I have never worked in the medical field directly, BUT I used to work at a medical transcription place where we had to type all of the medical and psych reports, not to mention that several of my friends are either working for health insurance companies, processing claims, or working as nurses in hospitals and clinics - and I have heard many stories over the years of various conditions and/or illnesses not being recognized/diagnosed early enough due to inept doctors, or not being diagnosed correctly (a BIG problem), or people not being able to have treatment due to lack of insurance, physicians and medical personnel just having a lack of compassion and sensitivity in general and all kinds of depressing stuff. In fact, we learned first hand in the medical transcription office how utterly disorganized most every medical office we dealt with was. Most of them had no clue what was happening, and the doctors in charge were either so tyrannical and megalomaniacal to hang on to any decent employees or too cheap to hire good ones - and so everything suffered because of it, I think, on the administrative side of things. I mean, it is scary. Many folks would be very ill at ease if they knew how chaotic, stressful and in disarray most of these doctors' offices we dealt with (and sometimes their personal lives too!!) were - oh, say, before they went in for surgery or something. It is really a shame and it is terrifying to be so reliant on a sytem that is so essential but often very screwed up.

So I am glad things seem to be on track for Robert now and that he is okay. But I cringed about him having to deal with a humilating 'female' process with the mammogram and the pink everywhere, etc. Yikes.

That's so cool you saw another Dis'er. Especially because she recognized you by hearing Eamon's name!

They have Stormtrooper blaster? Holy moly. I need it. I had no idea they had one of those. We spent a good amount of time in that Star Wars area of the store too. I want a lightsaber too. A purple one. I have no idea why. Will I play with it? Probably not? But I want it. Maybe I'll get both the blaster and the lightsaber next time.

Hi Sherry!

I finally found my wayward phone (and the fun card), and have made several calls in the last hour. Things are looking up, insurance wise (that's what my erased freakout was about...finding out the skyhigh spousal premiums for the insurance through the head hunter agency), at least b/c there seem to be options. Not as many options as in other states, as WA will not allow insurance companies to exclude preexisting conditions (yay!) and that made many insurers say "well forget it, we're taking our ball and going home" (boo, but understandable), but still, options.

I've seen the chaos of medical care while sitting with my friend with liver problems. She's always on opiates so she doesn't care, and she loves her care providers. But the people who are with her HATE what's going on. Right hand, left hand, left foot? No one knows what the others are doing. It's a problem. Hospitals are absolute chaos and it's hard to know just who is in charge.

I've started the process of requesting records for Robert...the visit about the chest thing (which I found might have even been a very rare, especially for men, "galactocele" that could have been a precursor, an early sign, of the prolactin thing) and the scan they did then. Also for the first ND he saw, where he did a ton of labwork (but nothing for the reproductive hormones). That guy would actually be a great "overseer", but I need to see the records, to see what he overlooked at that time, before we even think about Robert going back to him again.

I know I sound like a parent, but Robert really has no clue about all of this stuff, not really. And hey, I need to have some "jobs" around here, right? :)

Omg it's hot. If we do go to San Diego, we'll go there for the cool of June Gloom! hot hot hot. I don't like hot.

PPB!

Oh yes, a stormtrooper blaster. I hear it now, actually. They have them just to the left of the exit from the ride as you walk in...they are the first merchandise you could set your hands on, pretty much. They make two noises. And they make TSA agents nervous!:rotfl:

Molly, I love that store just like E. It is one of the few shops I can tolerate. We usually bring my Mom with us, and she loves to shop. The last trip we took was for my Mom's 70 birthday, she seems now to only want to visit the shops and sit and watch everyone ride. I am losing my patience with that, sorry bad daughter I know. The trip we took for her birthday she spent her time either in her room at the DLH the whole day or just part of it. When she was with us she wanted me to sit with her while everyone else went on the rides. I wasn't happy, I wanted to go on the rides. Sorry rant over. But back to the point I have been in every shop at one point or another, and I tried last trip to not go in all of the stores and I actually preferred that.

I know all about taking care of DH and his medical needs. My DH Scotty gets lost when ever doing anything at all like that.

Hi Kaoden! :)

PPB, just in case you don't *have to* buy the saber from DLR...you can get pretty much the same ones (the cheapies, 10 bucks at DLR) from target for less. Usually 2 or 3 bucks less, but the other week they were on sale at one local Target for 5.04. Just in case you can't wait.

But we actually recommend the $12 light blue, light up, make sounds, mickey-motif (mickey head button, mickey motif on the handle) light saber also available at Star Tours. not quite as sturdy as the cheapies, but more sturdy than the make your owns! And they make noise based on moving it and banging it on things.

OK, did you guys know that you can book the AP rates ONLINE now???? Disney*Happy noticed it. It's very nice. And verrrrry tempting.

And so we went to WCT. They were able to seat us quickly.

So the one big frustration I had while planning was that I wanted to find out the ingredients of the treasure chest cake birthday thingie. I tried through Vacation Planning, I tried through Disney Dining. Neither, it seems, could convince the chefs to call me back. I did not like that.

So at WCT even before we were seated, I asked. And found out that those cakes are made by "the bakery" (uh duh), and they don't have ingredient lists from "the bakery", but they would run off somewhere to find out. We told her the ingredients we needed to know about. After quite awhile, a person that I assume was a manager came over and told us that the three we named were NOT in the cake, and in fact it was a sugar-free cake.

:scared:

OK, listen...sugar free means chemicals. People need to KNOW that it's artificially sweetened. Can you imagine if for some reason you had a kid with, ummmm...OK, can't remember the name, oh, PKU, who can't have nutrasweet? Would they EVER think that this CAKE might be artifically sweetened??? Seriously people. A cake meant for little kids is not healthier b/c they sweeten it with chemicals.

But here's what's even worse. They still didn't have an ingredient list. They were told on the phone that it's sugar free. But they weren't told WHAT it was sweetened with.

We passed entirely, especially since they just gave us blank stares when I asked if it was possible to get the chest without the cake for any sort of discount, since the cake seemed to be made with objectionable ingredients.

It was frustrating to not get a call ahead of time, and it was absolutely ridiculous that the chefs couldn't get an ingredient LIST, not just a 'what are you looking for and we'll see if we have it in the cake' interpretation.

And they are tiny.

E had the grilled cheese, as usual. Robert and I shared the no-meat pizzeta salad, and it was good. Filling. We had no dessert.

After that, R&E saw the silver Golden Zephyr, and simply had to go on it. Yeah guys, have fun with that! I'll stand over here in the shade.

After that, we tried Mulholland Madness.

OK....it was a rotten experience. To men of size, to men of height...to men with legs like a sumo wrestlers that might not be tall but are bulky...SKIP IT. Robert couldn't ride. It was rotten. He was trying to get seated in the front row with E, I was behind them. Suddenly I saw R getting out and heading to the exit, and they were going to send us off for the ride! Um, NO, my kid is FIVE, and is NOT sitting alone on a roller coaster that he's never been on, without someone next to him! So I climbed out of my seat to get up with E, and since Robert was in a huff he didn't take the TWO bags that I had, and I was wearing one of my park skirts, and it was not easy. So I get into the seat, I'm trying to make sure E is OK, making sure the bags don't fly away, and, oh yes, trying to keep my skirt from exposing me!

On his way out, Robert experienced horrible fellow guest behaviour. He heard people saying "well if you'd eat less" and other such comments. :sad1::sad1:

It really goes to show...we should strive to not make snap judgments like that. Those people didn't know his situation. They don't know he's lost upwards of 60 lbs in the last 2.5 years. They don't know that he has this prolactinoma which causes a decrease in muscle and an addition of squishy weight, and the fact that he's lost weight while having this is practically a miracle. They don't know that he probably could have shoved the bar under his tummy, if his legs weren't like tree trunks and it they could have gotten lower. They don't know him, but they thought those things and *said them*...and it will hurt him forever.

But I didn't know this until we were done with the ride.

Me? Hate it with a large burning passion that will never die.

Eamon? Loves it, new near fave ride ever.

I refused to go on it again this trip, b/c on our first day there my pants (my ONLY pants that fit) died and all I had was skirts, and I wasn't willing to deal with the terror of the ride, almost crying b/c I was sure E was going to fly over the edge (and I have a very good imagination for things like that), holding onto my skirt and hanging on to E all at the same time.

I might ride it again, wearing something other than a skirt, and I'd put E on the left side, hoping it will be better than him sitting on the right.

So we got off the ride and I discovered Robert's heartache. Of course he refused to try Maliboomer, b/c of that experience. I sure do hope the prolactin weight drops off once he starts the cabergoline!

And so, that day I'd been on the teacups first which made me green, then I got to ride Mulholland which terrified me. Surely we'd take it easy on me, right? NO.

We next went on the Sunwheel. Mickey's Fun Wheel. Whatever. It sure is pretty! Much prettier than pictures have captured so far. The non-moving side does move a bit, it has to of course, to stay properly aligned with the ground. And of course it goes up/down as the wheel turns. That's kind of OK. However I did not expect to see the moving cars so easily! Those things MOVE!!! Terrifying to watch.

I had agreed to go on it so we could sort of pull together an itinerary, since the guys were finally realizing that this walking all over a park with no plan wasn't getting us on a ton of rides, but then they put us with two pre-teens and we were chatting with them, and didn't get an itinerary figured out.

And so, of course, with no itinerary, we waited another 40 minutes for TSMM. As usual it was worth it.

We hadn't been noticing the crowds that day, we had been focused on us. Well, we surely noticed the crowds when we went to cool off on GRR, b/c the line was 40 minutes long! Without FP. Nooooooo! We refused.

And opted, instead, to head for the pool.

Now...this is where I lost the biggest part of my plan. I dumped the Up pre-parade. Because at the time it was then, there was NO way we could get in a satisfying swim, get dressed again, and get over to DCA for even the parade, let alone the Up part of it. I almost cried. But it was for the greater good (of course if people had started believing me earlier...but I digress), so I dropped it. Sure, it was going to be there on Friday, but we'd already be on the shuttle just to be sure we didn't nearly miss the plane again.

As it turned out, we *could have* seen the pre-parade then ran back to the hotel to catch the 6o'clock bus, but I would have needed to be MUCH more prepared than I was on Friday, and we might not have gotten the same nice TSA agents, etc...it was best to miss the Up pre-parade and go swim, that it would have been to change our Friday. So it's OK. But I get to talk about it still, and I'm sure it will be a big learning lesson to remind them of in the future.

And so, we went, to the pool. Ahhhhhhh.

That is so awful that people - DLR guests or otherwise - feel the need to make comments like what they said to or about Robert. He wasn't affecting them personally, so they should keep their big traps shut. As you said, they don't know where he is in his diet and health situation and that he has lost a bunch of weight and is really working hard at it, nor do they know why he is that size. They make snap judgments and assume it just means that the person is sitting around with a Twinkie in one hand and a Ding Dong in the other 24 hours a day. And I assume that people in Robert's situation probably feel horrible when something like that happens and they 'can't fit' on a ride. The Cast Members probably feel awkward. It would just not be a good situation for anyone, I can imagine, so for some JERK - and I am being polite - to say that only makes the whole thing worse. It is like just digging a knife in for the sole purpose of making someone feel bad.

Anyway, I can't even believe DLR is selling a sugar free cake! I know it is probably loaded with chemicals, but still, the 'sugar free' aspect of it amazes me! And that is the only version of it they sell, I assume - not one version, full sugar, and one version, sugar-free?

That is awful about what those terrible guests said. Seriously. It has nothing to do with eating at all and it's so very rude and disrespectful to say anything like that especially within earshot.

That ride is pretty squishy to fit in. I know Jesus' brother and father would have a hard time. They are both pretty big boys. Jesus had a hard time just because of that crotch thing the seat has. I remember when I rode it with my parents, my Dad had a hard time getting his long legs in. It's not a bigger person (tall included) friendly ride at all.

That is just super crazy about the sugar free cake. Especially not having ingredients. Jesus bought me that same cake our last day and I ate half of it that night. It was fine to me. It didn't taste "sugar free". I hate that sugar free diet taste and I can taste it in anything. When we bought it (at the bakery in DCA), the CM didn't mention anything about it being sugar free. The label tag in the glass case didn't say anything either.

Im loving your trippie Molly! We are planning on staying at the dlh when we go next March.. Im so glad you have gotten Roberts health stuff figured out. :hug: That must be such a weight off you guys.

Are you totally melting right now? Ugh. We are. It is NOT supposed to be this hot in Washington.. Thats why we live here for crying out loud!

I think my Alex has just about every annoying gun that DL sells. So far the WORST are the Buzz Lightyear Blasters we got on our first trip.. He insisted we get one for him AND his sister.. :scared1: Im not even sure they made it into the suitcase..:rolleyes1:rotfl2:

And I assume that people in Robert's situation probably feel horrible when something like that happens and they 'can't fit' on a ride. The Cast Members probably feel awkward. It would just not be a good situation for anyone, I can imagine, so for some JERK - and I am being polite - to say that only makes the whole thing worse. It is like just digging a knife in for the sole purpose of making someone feel bad.

Yes. It was awful for him, especially since it wasn't even on his radar. He knew that Maliboomer is his not-yet-ridden mecca, LOL, and he was on the fence about whether or not he was going to try it again (for the third time).

It was bad for the CM, and she willingly stood back with me and E for 4 minutes after the ride, talking to me about it very sympathetically, though I didn't know what the jerks said (and I don't know what she heard). She assured me that PLENTY of people can't ride it, skinny tall people, shorter solid people, etc etc. The leg room is the main issue with it, she said, and if he could have gotten his legs down more he could have gotten the bar under his tummy, but his legs are just too solid. LOL, when DS was 1 I took a picture of our legs, they are all muscular and solid, so tummies aside, hubby and I can't get bars down as low as people with less bulky-muscle legs.

And no, it wasn't affecting them, except it took a minute extra to get the train out of the station.

That ride is pretty squishy to fit in. I know Jesus' brother and father would have a hard time. They are both pretty big boys. Jesus had a hard time just because of that crotch thing the seat has. I remember when I rode it with my parents, my Dad had a hard time getting his long legs in. It's not a bigger person (tall included) friendly ride at all.

Exactly. Jesus doesn't look big, but he looks solid, probably has the same bulky muscle that I was just talking about. And that takes up room, even if someone doesn't have the extra fat.

And omg what are people thinking, putting that bump in the seats???? That and Jumpin' Jellyfish are just TRYING to make men cry, I think. Women too, for that matter, if you sit down really hard. Ouch.

As for the cake, you know, I would put money on it being sweetened with *dextrose*. Which is a sugar derived from corn. Which would mean that if DS were CORN sensitive, not just corn syrup sensitive, it would cause a reaction. I know a family with wheat and corn problems, and it causes the same wild behaviour in them (the mom, too) as DS has with corn syrup products. Thankfully for DS, he can have dextrose and powdered sugar (it is cut with cornstarch) and cornstarch...but if he couldn't it would have been problematic.

They NEED to have an ingredient list/label for it, it's just stupid to not.

So I really don't know WHAT it has on it, I think I'm going to continue to try to find out the actual list of ingredients.

Im loving your trippie Molly! We are planning on staying at the dlh when we go next March.. Im so glad you have gotten Roberts health stuff figured out. :hug: That must be such a weight off you guys.

Are you totally melting right now? Ugh. We are. It is NOT supposed to be this hot in Washington.. Thats why we live here for crying out loud!

I think my Alex has just about every annoying gun that DL sells. So far the WORST are the Buzz Lightyear Blasters we got on our first trip.. He insisted we get one for him AND his sister.. :scared1: Im not even sure they made it into the suitcase..:rolleyes1:rotfl2:

Oh thanks! I'm glad to have you here. :goodvibes

The health stuff is a relief. Especially b/c it explains SO much. After a couple days from the appt with the endo where he told him what he thought was going on and set up the MRI, we've been able to joke about it. So when hubby tears up at a sad spot in a movie, I will tell him to enjoy it while it lasts, b/c once he gets his manly hormones back he might not be so sensitive! I am worried about effects if they supplement him with testosterone, though. They would do that to help the baby process faster, rather than wait for the prolactin to come down allowing the testosterone to come back up (and for any weirded-out lurkers....YES HUBBY KNOWS I AM TALKING ABOUT THIS, by the way), since I'm so rapidly aging! Which is nice of the endo. But I hope it doesn't make him aggressive or whatever. Kinda weird to think about, but I was looking up the various drugs online (omg the cabergoline is mega-expensive) and got a little freaked out by what messing around with hormones can do. Then again, he's messed up *right now* and it's coming from inside his own body (LOL, thinking of horror movies), so this will just take him back to his old self.

Mmm, the stormtrooper blaster was only the beginning....

And YES I'm melting! I hate it when it does this, especially when I'm not skinny, b/c it's just so uncomfortable and I feel like a globby slob.

Oh thanks! I'm glad to have you here. :goodvibes

The health stuff is a relief. Especially b/c it explains SO much. After a couple days from the appt with the endo where he told him what he thought was going on and set up the MRI, we've been able to joke about it. So when hubby tears up at a sad spot in a movie, I will tell him to enjoy it while it lasts, b/c once he gets his manly hormones back he might not be so sensitive! I am worried about effects if they supplement him with testosterone, though. They would do that to help the baby process faster, rather than wait for the prolactin to come down allowing the testosterone to come back up (and for any weirded-out lurkers....YES HUBBY KNOWS I AM TALKING ABOUT THIS, by the way), since I'm so rapidly aging! Which is nice of the endo. But I hope it doesn't make him aggressive or whatever. Kinda weird to think about, but I was looking up the various drugs online (omg the cabergoline is mega-expensive) and got a little freaked out by what messing around with hormones can do. Then again, he's messed up *right now* and it's coming from inside his own body (LOL, thinking of horror movies), so this will just take him back to his old self.

Mmm, the stormtrooper blaster was only the beginning....

And YES I'm melting! I hate it when it does this, especially when I'm not skinny, b/c it's just so uncomfortable and I feel like a globby slob.

Thats outstanding!! I know how it is to just want a baby so bad and not have it happen.. so I wish great heaping piles of baby dust your way. Hopefully the hormones dont affect him to much.

Amen to that! My dh sleeps during the day, so he is having a horrid time right now.. and i have fat little babies sweating all over me. :scared:its gross all the way around

OH man I remember how sweaty it was with one not all that chubby baby on me all the time...I really feel for you!

E was asking earlier to go to Wright Park...we're down the hill and I'm just not going to drive, ya know? But at the same time, there's no way I'm going outside to climb a hill to get to a park, just for the heat exhaustion! :rotfl: So the mean mean answer was NO!

:hug:That's for Robert. Poor guy. People are such jerks. I am on the large size myself and I had trouble in the turnstiles on the Jungle Cruse onetime and I received some very nasty comments and I honestly haven't been back on it since. I feel Roberts pain. And I am so proud of him for his weight loss. He is doing GREAT!

Oh my goodness! Someone took the time out of their day to notice, let alone comment on, someone getting through the turnstiles? It's official, some people are just rotten. Harumph. And those turnstiles are tiny! Almost anyone could have troubles with them.

We had left for the pool, right? Well, on the way we had to make up for the no-cake incident. So we stopped at the lovely and talented Haagen Dasz. Yummo. They had absolutely NO problem pulling out their ingredient list, and I'm happy to note that their chocolate ice cream is just as "pure" as the store pints. Real ingredients. Got E a regular sized scoop in a cup, got iced lattes for the grownups, life was good.

Went to the room, got changed (it's possible there was a lounge stop in there somewhere...it was hard for us to come back to or leave the room without a stop at the 11th floor, whether it was for waters, a banana, coffee, whatever), and went on down!

Well I've written in some other posts that in *some* ways the pool is a disappointment to a child. That big pirate ship, for instance...WHAT is the point? It's just decoration. Decorations and children don't go together, b/c they want to touch and play with things, not just LOOK at them. It's a draw for kids, you know? A pirate/peter pan themed pool...well, no, it's really not. It has a thing you can't touch that looks like a ship. And the slide doesn't appear to be for little kids, who are just the ones you think would really go for it. E wanted to go near that Skull Rock so bad, but we saw no one his age coming down the slide, so we never took the time to examine the area for the rules.

However, the pool was very fun. Nice and big, easy to walk around in, no main "lanes" of travel so you could just have fun. And the lifeguards were mainly very attentive, keeping the older kids from roughhousing, but letting a reasonable amount of play happen.

We had a solid 3 hour break, between walking back, changing, swimming, changing back, and getting into DL. Nice! We were tired and sunned (is that a word?), but also refreshed and *relaxed*. At last.

We took the monorail back in, and since the Autopia line wasn't too bad, we decided to ride. Hey, look what we got!

IMG_0319.jpg

The picture I must always take.

IMG_0321.jpg

He's getting better!

I love neon, and seeing what the flash does, or just turning a corner, for the light of the picture...

IMG_0323.jpg

IMG_0324.jpg

From there we wandered towards NOS, talking about Haunted Mansion the whole time, b/c it was something E had wanted to do. Alas, he wouldn't. Just refused. Oh well, there's always next time.

So we rode Pooh a few times, which is always restful for me (it puts me nearly to sleep).

At this point we were in heavy discussion about staying for the fireworks (but having a bad spot) or going back to the e-ticket lounge to watch from there...ultimately, since it was boy-o's birthday and boy-o wanted to do the Frontierland Shootin' Exposition, he won. The guys went off to do that while I snagged some dinner to go from Rancho. R ate his half and I held onto the rest (just was not hungry).

We managed to get into a relatively good spot...obscured by the trees to the left of the castle, but up close, just a bit behind the perma-cart for coffee and treats next to the castle. Our feet were hurting and E wanted to be held, but it was nice just being there. The time went by fast, and finally the fireworks started.

OK...I'm not an expert on the fireworks, and I don't know if it's new...but I think maybe Julie Andrews' script covers the same ground about 3 times...it's a bit much...I don't need to think about 1955 THAT many times, ya know? During the "I wish" part, I heard E wish for something, but I don't know what.

The fireworks we saw were great (though a bit obscured).

However, when they got to the Haunted Mansion part, I noticed the vertical plumes of smoke from the "wall" effect were drifting. Drifting far and fast. Oh no.... And yep, just as soon as they got to the POTC music, it all stopped. High winds, fireworks canceled.

Most people hadn't noticed the smoke moving like that, and were VERY disappointed. As soon as enough people had cleared away, I put E in his stroller, and according to my notes, inside of 2 *seconds* he was asleep.

I can't help but wonder if his wish was just to get some rest. :goodvibes

It took approximately 100 years to get out of the park. I do not know where people think they are going, but some sure do want to rush! I ended up in conversation with a woman after I had apologized to a man for slightly clipping him...she told me that he'd just leaped over her stroller, and she'd let the stroller hit him, so I had done nothing wrong (I thought I was being inattentive)...it was nice to know the guy truly had appeared out of nowhere! (OK, not "truly", but he wasn't just strolling along innocently, know what I mean?) Maybe the poor guy had to use the bathroom. He wasn't going toward a bathroom, but maybe he just didn't know that. And I'm still glad I apologized, even if I didn't actually do anything wrong.

That's all she wrote (literally, there's nothing else on the page) for that night!

While I get my brain together, I wanted to mention a few things I think I've missed.

On E's b'day, Robert gave him two mini-croissants from the lounge. We are fairly certain they had something he can't have in them, because of the reaction he had. So I was dealing with that while not eating...it made the tantrum I had inevitable, really. E understood (though he verbally protested that he was fine and that he could have the croissants) and didn't eat more from the lounge again. He did have a big one that we bought from a bakery there, and it was fine. We have to avoid the Safeway croissants for the same reason...for some reason, they just need to put the HFCS in them!

In case you don't feel you see enough food for E in our travels, don't worry. I brought safe crackers, bread mini bagels...the e-ticket lounge had little tubs of cream cheese that he loved (he hated, however, their "cheddar" cheese, and wouldn't touch the strange looking cheeses, not even the brie which he normally enjoys!

Oh, look at that, I missed E's second Fun Card purchase. After we went on TSMM on the 26th, Robert showed him this crazy Buzz-themed arm laser blaster. It has two velcro straps, there's a button on that top that makes a red light flash and causes a noise to sound, then you flip open the lid and there are more sound-buttons, and a voice-changer.

Can I express even MORE joy that Robert showed this to him???:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Ok I think that covers some things I missed.

I forgot one more thing. It took ages for me to realize there was another pool. It took me to the last day to realize that it was actually open. Too late! And it took me looking over the few years old post by MaryJo, about the DLH, to see that that pool has a little beach area that would have been great fun for us. Drat!

As hubby wends his way home, before I start dinner (we eat later here), I'll start a bit of the 27th. This was a good day!

I don't remember if I talked to them the night before or if it was that morning, but I finally got a conversation going where it was decided that I have their best interests at heart, I'm not going to just suddenly stop walking and not ride anything for the rest of the day, and so on, so if they want MORE vs LESS fun, they should trust me! They agreed. Oh glorious moment!

And on this day, a non-MM day, we decided to get ourselves to DCA for opening. As far as we know, we've never done that, so we were excited.

We got there shortly after 9, with various coffees, waters, foods from the room, fruits from the lounge, etc...it was nice to be able to sleep in just a little bit.

OH, I forgot to mention, we had Mickey call every morning! :rotfl: E still can't tell us what Mickey says, but he was more and more awake each time.

There was almost no one there at the DCA gates. There were a few brave souls, though! Hubby got into line, and E and I wandered. Here is is with his second birthday gift from Disney...

IMG_0327.jpg

IMG_0331.jpg

Just as we were walking up, a family was chosen to open the park. While E and I were playing, Robert reports that the family suddenly realized that "the parks doesn't open until 10!", and left! I guess there was much discussion after that, and R worked to convince the people in front of us (dude, convince those *behind*, not *in front*!) that it really really would open at 9:30. E and I got back, he shared all that, and whispered something like "I'm right, right? It will open, it always opens at 9:30, right?" Yes, Robert, that's what I've been told.

Time ticked ever closer. I drank more coffee, ate my Mojo bar, E relaxed in the stroller with his laser thing, Robert looked around...la la la...

And then the people next to us, but in front, were chosen to open the parks, and then that happened, and the park was open! Woo!

There was much Walking With Purpose and the occasional run. I just followed what I've been told, and went on up towards Grizzly. I could tell that others waited at the ropes at Sunshine Plaza, though. Since I don't know how many of *those* people ran, I don't know which way is quicker.

As we passed Soarin', Robert jumped off from us and snagged FPs for it for later (never used them, sigh). He went in the entrance and out the exit, which isn't what most people seem to do!

Turns out I hadn't fully prepared the guys, b/c they were very surprised when we were stopped just before Grizzly. Whoopsie! Well we were just behind that rope, and the CM with the security outfit was just great. I should have gotten his name. However, since we were right there, and since people ask CMs questions, I got to find out that he didn't quite know all he could have known...oh well, I was there, right? :rotfl:

And from my innate nosiness and bossiness, I met a lovely family (well, the mother and daughter, at least). The mom was there for a 40th wedding anniversary, with her husband and my-age daughter. They had bought the dining plan, and weren't sure where they could use their Breakfast In The Parks vouchers. The security CM didn't know either, and just kept repeating Ariel's over and over. I kid...he was trying to help, he just didn't know anything about the vouchers. I kinda took over and steered her towards Pacific Wharf Cafe, which is the only counter type place I know of that serves breakfast at DCA. Then we were talking about her awesome earrings, a red sparkly something filling Mickey heads...they were so cute! We started talking about feet, and she mentioned that her daughter had some great shoes...she called her daughter forward, and she was wearing Crocs. Athens to be specific, and Disney themed to be exact (in blue and grey). Said she bought them right there at the Outfitters by Grizzly. Hmm...flip flops? Really?

This intrigued me b/c I was in agony already. My spendy New Balance were just pieces of junk. My J Crew flipflops were almost as "comfortable" as the NB. My right ankle was (and is) strangely swollen, with pain that changes. I do not know what is going on, and I really didn't then. So I was willing to try just about anything!

But not right then; right then we had a date with TSMM and no wait.

Soon it was time, and the rope was taken away. We were a funny (especially this one guy well behind us) and a patient group, b/c even once the rope was gone, we still waited for him to tell us to go. He finally did, and we were off!

Once we got there and parked the stroller, there were people in line, but there was no true waiting. No stopping. It was terrific!

By the time we were done, though, the line had grown. Since that was the third time around on the ride of our trip, we were content to move along.

Robert wanted to ride Screamin' and I didn't. I had to go to the restroom and R didn't. So R&E rode Triton's carousel, then we switched. I got two times on the carousel with the e-bug. Then E was done with it, so we went over to the stroller parking area (empty at that time) with the umbrellas, and he played with the Buzz laser thing until Robert was done with his most excellent time on Screamin'. In fact Screamin' acted as R's chiropractor that day; he was feeling pretty low when we woke up and were walking, but as he went through Screamin' he felt some clunks in his spine, and felt much better.

At that point we knew we could use some REAL food, not just snacks. So we headed over to have b'fast for the first time at Pacific Wharf. I just didn't want a bread bowl (er, boule) enough for that choice, so both Robert and I had the egg/cheese (no meat!) croissants...yuuuuuuummmmmmmm. E had something he was happy with, and ate a bunch of our grapes. It was our most peaceful time at that seating area...usually we've waited too long to order then we're getting food around lunch from Cocina or PWC, and we're just all crazed by the time we eat. But not this time, it was just nice. Ahhh.

Molly--really loving the trippie!

Hi Molly,
As usual, a great report. The slide at the Neverland Pool is really fun, and appropriate for little ones. My son had a blast on it last trip and was just 48 inches, but he is not afraid of water at all, even though he is fairly dense and is a sinker by nature. Just started being able to swim a bit this last year.

Boy, you guys have had your challenges the last few months. I am glad to hear that you are getting things on the right track and hope that the next few months at least will be more peaceful. Geesh, there ought to be a limit, ykwim?

It never fails to amaze me how little some of the CM's know. Of course then you do run into the ones that have worked there for a long time and it is their passion and they love to help.

okay, I've got a lapful of boy, so gotta run.

Good Luck surviving the heat wave today! We finally broke down and ordered a room airconditioning unit for our bedroom which arrived two days ago, so at least we are sleeping!

Tracey

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter