3 or more family members need DAS

Victoriarose68

Earning My Ears
Hello,
I hope someone can answer this. We have a group of 7 people going in Sept. None of us have ever used DAS but 3 family members should be eligible for it. Does anyone know how this would work?
Thanks!

Thanks! I did read that but didn't see anything on more than 1 DAS guest (though I could have easily missed it, LOL)

OK. So, what questions do you have?
Every DAS potential holder needs to have separate interviews.
They then can each link up six people total in their group (including the DAS holder).

How many people do you have in your group?

OK. So, what questions do you have?
Every DAS potential holder needs to have separate interviews.
They then can each link up six people total in their group (including the DAS holder).

How many people do you have in your group?
7 people with 3 of them needing DAS. Thanks for your help ^_^

Is the group planning on staying together and riding the same things? Or are each of the DAS qualifiers going to go on different rides? Because it becomes more of a hassle when you have multiple DAS holders as they can not be connected to another person's DAS. So if you all want to go on the same ride, you would have to make a return time for all 3 of the DAS holders on their own DAS. If you are not planning on splitting up, it might be better to just chose one person to be the DAS holder.

Is the group planning on staying together and riding the same things? Or are each of the DAS qualifiers going to go on different rides? Because it becomes more of a hassle when you have multiple DAS holders as they can not be connected to another person's DAS. So if you all want to go on the same ride, you would have to make a return time for all 3 of the DAS holders on their own DAS. If you are not planning on splitting up, it might be better to just chose one person to be the DAS holder.
I believe the OP said 7 in the group though, and DAS allows for 6. Perhaps 2 DAS will be enough.

You don't say ages but make sure that if there is any who might not meet height requirements or who may bail out on a ride to only have their "caretaker" (if needed) on their DAS return time. Put all the others on the DAS return times that you are sure holder can/will ride.

It might be worth it (and easier in the long run) to stop by guest services and see if you can have the one DAS user and the 6 additional family members linked to that one DAS user's account.

We will be splitting up quite a bit. All 7 of us are going for 5 day (4 adults, 2 seniors, 1 child), So not everyone will want to ride the same types of rides (the 2 seniors - both needing DAS most likely will not ride a lot of the big rides). 1 of the adults will need a DAS but will ride anything, lol. The 2 seniors will stay after for another week after the others go home.

Would it be a good idea to get the 3 DAS but use only 1 if we can get all 7 on it for the 5 days? And have the 2 seniors get theirs for when the others leave?

We will be splitting up quite a bit. All 7 of us are going for 5 day (4 adults, 2 seniors, 1 child), So not everyone will want to ride the same types of rides (the 2 seniors - both needing DAS most likely will not ride a lot of the big rides). 1 of the adults will need a DAS but will ride anything, lol. The 2 seniors will stay after for another week after the others go home.

Would it be a good idea to get the 3 DAS but use only 1 if we can get all 7 on it for the 5 days? And have the 2 seniors get theirs for when the others leave?
if the seniors will be riding same rides only get DAS for one and have the other as a guest so they will not each need a time. I would get a DAS for the adult and one of the seniors. see if child can be listed on both if child would be riding with seniors while adults ride something else

This is information I posted in the WDW DAS Summary thread about more than one DAS registered person.
According to WDW rules, every person registering for DAS needs to be present on a video call - part of it is to get their photo taken.
Adults need to register themselves (if on the same call, answer the questions for themselves) unless it’s a disabled adult who has a guardian. Children need to be registered by their parent or guardian.

I think there was some misunderstanding about terms. A DAS user can’t be registered under another DAS user:
- i.e. can’t have their own DAS AND be listed as a Guest on another DAS user
- can’t have a DAS Return Time under their own DAS and another DAS Return Time as a guest of another DAS user.
We have only DAS Registered Guest in our party. If we had a second, that person would be listed at the top of the screenshot under Registered Guest, with the Guests Joining all listed below. Since we have only one DAS user, she is automatically checked by the app when we go to make a DAS Return Time. If we had more than one DAS user, they would each have an unfilled checkbox.
If both DAS 1 & 2 wanted to go on the same attraction, you would choose both of them and choose ‘Select All’ to choose the rest of the guests to include.
If DAS 1 wanted to go on something DAS 2 didn’t, you would choose DAS 1 for a DAS Return Time, then choose the Guests Joining.
DAS 2 could choose a DAS Return Time for themself, then choose any of the Guests Joining who are not already on DAS 1’s Return Time.

View attachment 713944

if the seniors will be riding same rides only get DAS for one and have the other as a guest so they will not each need a time. I would get a DAS for the adult and one of the seniors. see if child can be listed on both if child would be riding with seniors while adults ride something else
Thanks! That sounds like a great idea ^_^

No need to get a DAS for the “one adult who will not ride anything” if he’s not riding the DAS won’t help with anything else.
The only thing the DAS does is allow the person to wait for the ride outside the line area.

Last edited:
If at least 1 senior qualifies and the other adult who will ride anything qualifies you'd have all ride types covered and seniors covered once they stay. Have everyone try via chat before hand.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter