3% of BCV rooms are Epcot view!

treloarf

DIS Veteran
I just requested an Epcot view for a studio in May. MS told me only 3% of the rooms are Epcot view. Just curious - how many rooms are at the the BCV? I'm wondering what my chances are?

I don't know how many rooms there are at the BCV, but I bet there are less than at BWV.

Just wanted to say that the 3% sure makes the estimate of 15%-20% BW/EPCOT views at the BWV look better and better. Especially if you factor in that there are several standard view rooms that have a view of the EPCOT fireworks from the balcony.

BCV lists 205 total villas, but the 3% may depend on how Epcot view is defined.

There are some room that look towards Spaceship Earth and I suspect that may be the 3%. There are others that have a view of Illuminations- where at least the higher fireworks may be viewed.

Here is some more <a href="http://disboards.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=257950">BCV information.</a>

Word of caution when requesting Epcot view - you will also be on the road. ANd when I mean on the road, it is really on hte road! We had a 5th floor Epcot view, were able to see the ball from our room and the fireworks form the balcony. However, there is alot of traffic on that road and it also backs up to the land pavilion. Trucks come VERY early in the morning and beep as they back up. This woke us up early in the morning.

So be careful what you wish for, we will never ask for that view again! Much too noisy for our tastes. Good luck!

Hasn't anyone yet noticed that "3% of the rooms" would be between 6 and 9 rooms?! (If you count 280+ rooms, with all lockoffs split, you get 8.5.) Even if you were to only include 5th floor rooms, this is patently false. The CM at Member Services either didn't know what s/he was talking about, or has an extremely narrow definition of Epcot view.

We had a wonderful direct view of SSE from a 5th floor room on the spur, and roughly this many rooms on the spur had identical 5th floor views. But our view was so good that the 4th floor must have a reasonable view as well. About twice times as many rooms on the main spine have an Epcot view as well (green rooms on Doc's map that are at the end of the main spine), and others have a view of World Showcase with a great view of Illuminations fireworks (the green rooms that are nearly perpendicular to the spur).

We did not find vehicular noise to be a problem, but it is a legitimate issue.

erikthewise... I didn't want to post anything, because it seems as I am always defending BCV, but you are completly correct, 3% is totally false. I have had 2 rooms at BCV, one on the 5th floor and one on the 4th floor both at the opposite end of the Epcot side of BCV. Both had great views of Illuminations, one saw Spaceship Earth and the other one did not.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter