2nd shingles shot

Think it is difficult to compare since everyone is different. Had both shots and no reaction to either. Know some others who had a sore arm or other minor issue after theirs.

I’ve had both doses and only a slightly sore arm for a day or so both times. DH has had his first dose and was the same. He needs to schedule his second dose as he just became eligible.

My first shot was bad. Huge, red knot. Flu like symptoms. In bed all weekend. Second shot was no problem at all.

My sister and parents had reactions, but my husband did not. I have a couple of more years before I am eligible. My poor brother in law - literally turned 50 last month and 2 weeks later got shingles! That didn't go over well :D

I was sick for both. Dh got his second one this past weekend. He wasn’t sick for either. Everyone is different.

Didn't really have any issues with either one other than a stiff neck on the first one. No issues at all with the second'

So, I had shingles in October 2020, and it was uncomfortable at times, but nothing horrid. I have a HUGE fear of fevers and achiness and all that due to some legit PTSD. Can anyone give me low down on what kind of fevers you were looking at? Like, 100? 103? Delirious, etc?

I am sure my dr will talk to me about the shot at some point soon, but if fevers are super common, I might need to be knocked out for a few days if I get the shot, ha....almost kidding.

So, I had shingles in October 2020, and it was uncomfortable at times, but nothing horrid. I have a HUGE fear of fevers and achiness and all that due to some legit PTSD. Can anyone give me low down on what kind of fevers you were looking at? Like, 100? 103? Delirious, etc?

I am sure my dr will talk to me about the shot at some point soon, but if fevers are super common, I might need to be knocked out for a few days if I get the shot, ha....almost kidding.
Try not to worry. Everyone is different. My husband had a sore arm and was tired the next day. I had a sore arm and that was it.

I’m getting my second shot tomorrow afternoon . Not looking forward, luckily no reaction to first except a little fatigue. Still glad to get the shot instead of shingles!

I get my second shingles (shingrix) dose this week and I am a little nervous. The first one made me sick and weak and I have read that if you reacted to the first one, the second dose is worse. Has anyone been sick for the first and second dose?
I was not at all sick for the first one, and the second one had me in bed without moving or being awake for two days.

Fine with the first shot. For about 24 hours after the second I felt very achy all over. Took a nap and woke up fine.

I get my second shingles (shingrix) dose this week and I am a little nervous. The first one made me sick and weak and I have read that if you reacted to the first one, the second dose is worse. Has anyone been sick for the first and second dose?
I got both shots last year and they both made me sick, fever and extreme chills. Never had such a reaction to any shot like that. I would do it again though, my Mom had shingles and it lingered for years, you don’t want that. Good luck on your second shot

For my second shot, I got a rash on my legs and feet. Wasn't too bad, but itched a bit. I read that some people have mild allergic reactions to shingrix and it can include a rash. Weird I didn't get in after the first shot.

Never got sick with either one. From what I understand, you only need one shot now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter