21 hours in Disney for the Dining Gastronomes on Thanksgiving

December 2nd, the Manor was showcased on a Historic Homes Tour here in town as part of a charity fundraiser.

December 9th, we hosted a fundraiser holiday party for our charity of choice where we invited all of our friends of different demographics.

Weave into all of this our annual visits by Santa and his Elf to indigent families throughout the area and the next thing you know … we were sitting by the fire ringing in 2007. :hourglass

santa.jpg

Those are just a few reasons why I STALK you guys! You are FABULOUS!!! :love:

(Wonder what DH would say about my obsession with two men of a different demographic on the DIS...:rolleyes1 )

So glad you're back, and that you had such a wonderful Christmas. Were you going back to WDW in April? Or was it another month? What, oh what, was in the spoon???

Sean

So glad you're back, and that you had such a wonderful Christmas. Were you going back to WDW in April? Or was it another month? What, oh what, was in the spoon???

Sean

psst ...we just got back from 10 days in the World....sounds like I'll need to finish this review, even though we were trying to bag out of it and move right into the April reviews....Spoon? What Spoon?:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

mistery.jpg

glad to see you're back and all's well... sounds like a fabulously festive holiday season in your neck of the woods... your reports are well worth waiting for :)

I love reading these reviews. I then relay the info to DW each night. We've never dined at V&A, and hope to during our next WDW visit. Perhaps in 2008. Mr Disney, should we try for Chef's Table right off the bat, or try the Main room?

Hmmm, a guess...cognac?

Still hoping my 12/18 guess was right. I thought you were going to WDW for Easter, just couldn't remember for sure.
What reviews will you be writing for this trip? I'm sure something special was planned by one/both of you, with much thought put into it. Looking forward to hearing all about it. DW will be so happy to hear that you're back. Someday, we'll get to V&A. Someday...
Sean

Just reported a Mr.D and k-man sighting on the "easter" thread. A cuople of great guys, looking forward to their new reviews as well.

Just reported a Mr.D and k-man sighting on the "easter" thread. A cuople of great guys, looking forward to their new reviews as well.

Just reported that we had a wonderful boat ride over to the Magic Kingdom with Mark, his wife, and son (Mark's Clone). We truly enjoyed meeting your family and have great admiration for how much you go through twice a year to travel to WDW. Here's spreading the pixiedust: we were handed that night at the Parade hoping that someday soon there will be a direct flight from :shamrock: Ireland :shamrock: to Orlando. We look forward to seeing you again, hopefully in the Fall!

OK … so 21 hours, turned into 21 days, turned into 21 weeks. So before it turns into 21 months, I’m taking responsibility for the “incomplete” review as I bit off more than I could chew (no pun intended). As soon as we got home from our Thanksgiving Decadence, we hit the ground running trying to get the Manor ready for the Christmas Soirees. :hourglass

December 2nd, the Manor was showcased on a Historic Homes Tour here in town as part of a charity fundraiser. This meant going out to the farm to cut down the tree, hauling all the Christmas decorations down from the 3rd floor, cleaning ever nuck and cranny, and polishing everything in site, especially my head. :hourglass

December 9th, we hosted a fundraiser holiday party for our charity of choice where we invited all of our friends of different demographics. If this were a different venue, maybe there’d be a review of that night … Drunken Divas of Different Demographics. :hourglass

December 15th, we had our First Anniversary Dinner celebrating our purchase of the Manor, during which a private chef came and cooked a ten course meal for us. Our Lady of the Manor continues to refer to that night as a night of Gluttony. :hourglass

December 16th, we hosted a party for our families where we brought in musicians to lead the crowd in an afternoon of holiday sing-alongs. :hourglass

December 23rd, well that was the day we finally got the chance to do all of the canning and jarring of our baskets of homemade gifts. :hourglass

Weave into all of this our annual visits by Santa and his Elf to indigent families throughout the area and the next thing you know … we were sitting by the fire ringing in 2007. :hourglass

2007 took off like wildfire. My work got crazy when one of my team left for greener pastures. Then Mister’s Disney’s work got crazy when one of his guys left out of the blue. Valentines Day, we continued to break heart with the unfinished review. The Luck of the Irish couldn’t break the brain freeze by Saint Patrick’s Day. So, the finale of the Thanksgiving review is but a big fat rotten Easter Egg.

easteregg.jpg

As a result of not completing the Thanksgiving Review, we decided that before we post this year’s Easter Review, we were going to have it all typed up and ready to post, prior to beginning the new thread.

Welcome back K Man and Mister Disney.Glad ya'll had such a great albeit busy holiday season. We were beginning to wonder if that spoon contained some kind of long term sleeping meds

Welcome back K Man and Mister Disney.Glad ya'll had such a great albeit busy holiday season. We were beginning to wonder if that spoon contained some kind of long term sleeping meds

ROFL! Nononono! I have a better explanation along those lines:

Gary Sinise put them into HYPERSLEEP. Yeah. Then we're waking them up
before we crash into Mars. ;)

I'm so glad you're ok, Kevin! You and Prof. von Drake sure had a very busy
Martha Stewart holiday season! Missed you two knuckleheads. :hug:

Now tell us what's in the spoon already! The suspense is killing me. :faint:

Please we are begging!! I can't talk dh into taking me most places with a dress code so I have to live through others.

Still nothing of the spoon.......I am already depressed enough to figure out I was in the World at the same time as you guys and did not know it. Welcome back guys you have been missed. I would love to know more of the manor as well if you ever share pics of that.

oh....THE SPOON....I totally forgot about that one...and I owe someone a present because of it.....

spoon.jpg

This was a "tasting" of 1999 Royal Tokaji Essencia.

The first vintage since the celebrated 1993, the 1999 Essencia comes in a stately brass-hinged wooden box carved from Hungarian oak, lined with velvet and containing a hedonistic touch – the indulgent Royal Tokaji Hungarian crystal sipping spoon. The spoon was designed exclusively for Royal Tokaji, enabling 33 sips per bottle – or 66 if you share your spoonful with a loved one. The back label bears the number of each bottle produced.

1999essencia.jpg

History from Sommelier extraordinaire, Israel Perez from V&A is that the very 1st bottle produce during a vintage year is given to the current sitting Pope of the Catholic Church, and that it is kept on their nightstand for an evening nightcap.

Wine & Spirits Magazine rated Essencia a perfect 100. The rating for Royal's Tokaji Essencia is the first perfect, 100-point score Wine & Spirits has ever bestowed.

Now that is cool! We loved the Royal Tokaji when we tried it at V&A - of course it's not the same thing that you've got posted here, but it's still mighty tasty!

I adore the sipping spoon ... so much more refined than a bendy straw. :lmao:

By the way, it's nice to see you posting on the boards again Mister Disney! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter