21 hours in Disney for the Dining Gastronomes on Thanksgiving

Mr. D's K-Man

<font color="purple"><font color="red">Life is unc
First and foremost … we want to acknowledge all the Gifts for which we have to be Grateful and the Thanks for the Gifts and the Blessings we have enjoyed over the past year and the people in our lives who have been so wonderful and loving.

6:00 AM Thursday, November 23rd
The alarm went off at the Manor and after the necessary comfort break, I staggered down to get a cup of fresh brewed Chock Full O’ Nuts Coffee coffee from the Capresso coffee maker while Mister Disney hit the showers.
Chock_Hotel_and_Restaurant_F.gif

A quick check of the emails, juiced up on coffee, I brought Mister Disney his large glass of Diet Pepsi and jumped in the shower while he read emails.

Packing for this trip was a lot easier and we knew there wouldn’t be a need to check luggage, so we began the day very leisurely. Despite the reports from Weatherman Bob that there was a huge storm coming up the coast, we knew once the plane got off the ground the worst that would happen is a longer, bumpier flight.

9:00 AM Bradley International Airport
The parking lot was pretty full and we ended up parking up on the roof level. Despite the winds and rains, we left the umbrellas in the car and rushed toward the elevator. I can’t speak for Mister Disney, but I survived the dash to the doors without a hair out of place.

To our surprise, no lines, no waiting … we checked in and were at the TSA Security checkpoint in less than 5 minutes. Needless to say, it was a slow morning for the TSA ladies who decided they’d have fun going through our carry on. After a good 10 minutes of laughter and telling them the decadence of our trip, they finally released us with all of our possessions and we headed to the gate to await our 10:10 flight on Southwest.

SWA.JPG

9:15 AM Southwest Gate
We weren’t lucky enough to get “A” Boarding passes, so we queued up in Line B and patiently waited with the other members of our full plane.

9:20 AM
Mister Disney asked me if I’d like a little snack to tide me over. Hum. Having never turned down food in my life, why would I start now. I stayed with the bags while Mister Disney set off on our first food adventure of the day.

9:35 AM Mister Disney returned with 2 brown bags and 2 diet cokes. What’s this … a mystery snack? Then came the tough question … “Do you want cinnamon raisin with peanut butter or pumpkin with honey cinnamon cream cheese?”

OMG … BAGELS! Einstein Bagels.

einstein.jpg

Who can decide? Tough Question to ask a food addict. So … I suggested that we split them that way we’d each get to enjoy both.

KEVIN! How the heck are you?! It has been far too long!! I can't wait to hear what culinary delights you found on this trip beyond airport bagels! ;)

Sending hugs to both of you! :grouphug: Now get busy finishing this report!!

I found your last adventure after what thousands of posts? I am so excited to be in near the beginning. Bring on those great food reviews!

I've been checking this board since Saturday hoping for a glimpse into your culinary delights! Glad to see it's up and coming!

Yeah! :surfweb: I'm ready to read! Keep it coming!

-Michelle

:speaking in the best Mickey Mouse voice he can muster:

OH BOY!! Another great adventure involving food!! hurry up Pluto we don't want to miss this :rotfl2:

:cheer2: :cheer2: I’m so glad to see the beginnings of this review. I loved the last one and have been waiting, not so very patiently, for this one. Can’t wait to hear all about the trip and V&A. :cheer2: :cheer2:

Ah, Kevin, so happy to see another report of culinary delights to be found at Disney.

Hope you both had a wonderful Thanksgiving. Can't wait to hear more.

But, I must say, being a girl from NYC, there are better things than Einstein Bagels. Try a real Brooklyn bull bagel and you'll be a devotee in no time.

Ok, K-man you've got me hooked from the beginning this time! Bring on the food! :teeth:

Woo hoo! Kevin has a new food report!! That's enought to make even this bleak November day brighter!! :cheer2:

I'm positively shivering in antici......

.... pation!! :bitelip:

Please don't leave us hanging! I can't wait to hear your review. We're going to V&A for the first time on Christmas Day!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter