21 day ticket.

luvpoohandcompany

DIS Veteran
Ok so who do we petition for the return of the 21 day ticket?
Seriously though-my family are saying if we have to buy extra tickets to add on to the 14/18 disney magic ticket we may as well go to UO for the last few days as it would work out cheaper and we'd have express pass as we would stay deluxe there and still come out ahead money wise.:scared1:
This is not something I overly want to do but it's hard to argue with. Seems short-sighted of WDW powers that be as I know we are not the only ones venturing to other parks because of the lack of the 21 day ticket.

Ok I’m done moaning :rotfl:

Last edited:
It does seem like an odd decision when three week holidays are very common for us in the UK. Even if the ticket wasn't a huge seller, it isn't a physical item that they need to "stock" so one has to wonder what the issue is with making it for sale. My only guess is that somehow the ticket was being abused - people can be quite ingenius when it comes to fraud...

Like you, it meant that for the first time (right after the pandemic), we stayed one week in a Universal resort, and two weeks at Disney, whereas previously it would have all been at Disney. We were able to stay in one of the their top resorts, which included Express Pass and club level, for not much more than the additional ticket price that Disney wanted.

What we do now though is purchase an annual pass (right after the pandemic neither the annual pass or 21 day tickets were available!). Because we're DVC, we're able to purchase the cheaper Sourcer pass. This is actually a cheaper option than 21 day tickets when spread over two years. For example, if we were to buy the annual pass in May 2024, we would go on holiday in May 2024, and then the following year we'd go out in April 2025 - meaning we can get "two years" of holidays out of a one year annual pass (if that makes sense!). On top of that, you then get all of the annual pass perks that really do add up over three weeks (discounts on dining and merch).

We are doing the two weeks at DW and the 1 week at Universal as well,but would have preferred to do the 21 days at DW.
It's so silly that they have got rid of it, people were spending so much money in the park in those 21 days... Doesn't make sense

We are doing the two weeks at DW and the 1 week at Universal as well,but would have preferred to do the 21 days at DW.
It's so silly that they have got rid of it, people were spending so much money in the park in those 21 days... Doesn't make sense
I totally agree with you! Disney is losing a lot of money from UK & Irish guests by not having the 21 day ticket. You'd think they'd want to keep us all onsite as long as possible :confused3

I find very strange it hasn't come back for 2015 (yet). With Epic Univers opening next year, it would seem wise from Disney to discourage spending time at Universal, and already paid tickets are a great way to keep people onsite.
But what do I know, maybe they sell many 14 and 7 days tickets to the same families, but I highly doubt that.

Well let's test that theory? I think you're right to doubt that us UK types are buying 7+14 day tickets. Has anyone from the UK out there bought them together?

Thing is the 7 day tickets are usually as expensive as the 14 so that’s a ton of cash on an already expensive trip where the extra cost was usually not that much for 21 day ticket over the 14day price.
I haven’t ever bought both nor have I heard of anyone from here buying both. I have only heard of friends and family saying they might as well go experience Universal for the additional cost. Usually it works out slightly cheaper to stay at a Universal resort over a Disney one and if you’re doing a deluxe you’ll get free Express Pass so no Genie+ to pay. That means Disney is not only losing out on the ticket price but also the hotel reservations and everything else we spend on while staying with them. It’s like they really don’t want our money and makes no sense to me.

Not from the UK but no, haven’t bought 14+7 day WDW tickets ever.
Maybe Disney have given up?

It will cost you twice as much, as the whole of last year the offer was 14 day ticket for price of 7. We used to use the 21 day ticket and would be peeved if still needed it, however we would draw the line at buying two tickets! We'd just have pool days or maybe even a day trip to the coast on non-park days.

It will cost you twice as much, as the whole of last year the offer was 14 day ticket for price of 7. We used to use the 21 day ticket and would be peeved if still needed it, however we would draw the line at buying two tickets! We'd just have pool days or maybe even a day trip to the coast on non-park days.
We tried this last time having booked 24 nights with the expectation of being able to buy an annual pass. The 18 day time limit was the issue given that we'd also decided against a car. We ended up not going into a park until day 4 and buying MNSSP tickets for the last night just to get into a park. It was OK but definitely not our best trip. If I have to go again without an annual pass, I'll be booking a few days at Universal and not going for quite as long.

I think the theory was that Disney could offer extremely cheap 21 day tickets to the UK market because the average spend of a UK visitor was very high (dining, merch etc). I wonder whether, given the economic downturn, that spend level has dropped, and given the biggest complaint about the parks are the heavy crowds, it is not worth Disney offering entry to the park at such a low price (comparatively to U.S. ticket prices).

Hard to say, but its not like Disney to leave money on the table, so I can only assume they no longer see the 21-Day ticket as profitable enough and would rather make space in the park for another category/market segment of guest. For example, guests from Brazil spend a ton on merch and for a while Disney was aggressively targeting the Brazilian market with cut price tickets and hotel offers. Maybe we are just not flavour of the month anymore!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter