2023 Summer Virtual Series

Please settle an argument between DH and myself. I say that everyone who has paid the registration fee will automatically have medals mailed. He says that you will only receive your medal(s) after you log in and report your times.

Backstory: I do plan on competed the 5ks at one point but it won't be June and likely won't be this summer. I am waiting for the doctor to confirm it but I believe that I am about to go back into the ortho boot. Yes, I was way too ambitious to think I could do this right now 😥
They'll be sent automatically.

Please settle an argument between DH and myself. I say that everyone who has paid the registration fee will automatically have medals mailed. He says that you will only receive your medal(s) after you log in and report your times.

Backstory: I do plan on competed the 5ks at one point but it won't be June and likely won't be this summer. I am waiting for the doctor to confirm it but I believe that I am about to go back into the ortho boot. Yes, I was way too ambitious to think I could do this right now 😥
Everyone gets their medals, regardless of uploading times or not. Disney has your money, they don’t really care beyond that on virtuals

Everyone gets their medals, regardless of uploading times or not. Disney has your money, they don’t really care beyond that on virtuals
Thank you. I do plan to walk the 5ks, BTW (no stolen valor here) but walking a half mile felt like a victory the other day and now I won't even be able to do that. I am thinking it will be September at the earliest.

Thank you. I do plan to walk the 5ks, BTW (no stolen valor here) but walking a half mile felt like a victory the other day and now I won't even be able to do that. I am thinking it will be September at the earliest.
If you are concerned about stolen valor, then you should also wake up at 2 am, stand in a parking lot while Wham’s "Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go" plays on a loop, and then celebrate your run with a tub of plastic cheese and a snack woefully unsuited to dip in it.

Question--I tried to enter my Steamboat Willie time just now, filled in all the fields, but when I hit "save" it told me my result time was required. The one I'd already entered.

Is it expecting all three results or what?

Hi.. do you know when medals will be sent?
I already sent the times
Thanks!
Entering times have nothing to do with receiving the medals. Historically, medals are sent at the end of the three virtual events so you are looking late August-September since the 5Ks take place in June, July, and August.

Hi.. do you know when medals will be sent?
I already sent the times
Thanks!
I emailed rundisney. They told me shipments are sent in a revolving basis, which means some people will get their medals before others. They anticipate most folks to have their medals by the end of September.

Question--I tried to enter my Steamboat Willie time just now, filled in all the fields, but when I hit "save" it told me my result time was required. The one I'd already entered.

The same thing is happening to me. 😒

Yay Disney IT! 🙄

Nice to see that they're having the same issues with reporting race results that they've been having with registrations. I have no idea why this keeps happening with them.

Re: finisher certs

Apparently you have to put in all your times to get it to accept it for doing those (per reports from social media) for the challenge. Not sure if that applies to single events.

I received my medals today. They’re pretty awesome. I really like the special pin that came with.

Does anyone walk the parks for their races? I’m definitely not gonna run in the park, or anywhere 🤣, but we have a Disneyland trip in a few weeks, so was thinking about walking all over the park. Usually takes about an hour to walk 3 miles. We have 2 park days in each park, so wouldn’t eat up a big chunk of our time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter