2023 Moonlight Magic Dates

If I recall, last year I received a reminder email about Moonlight Magic (MM) about 4-5 days before the event. Has anyone received a reminder email for the February 8th MM?

I am concerned as I asked member services to combine my two consecutive reservations into one (My one additional MM February 8th night came through on a waitlist a few days before the registration date). Member services assured me twice that they would not cancel my MM tickets when they cancelled my February 8th night reservation and combined it with my original reservation. I am using that reminder email to determine if I need to follow up with member services before we travel. Thanks!
I'm registered for the February 8th event and I haven't received an email yet.

No one needs a reminder e-mail If they’re already registered. It’s not like you’ve forgotten!

My daughter got us into the event at Epcot on the 8th. She has already booked rooms for 2 August and 13 September in hopes of getting into AK and HS. From what I read, you can have 1 reservation per park (If you are lucky to get in). Anyone know if this is true? This will be the first time we have ever gone and have been DVC members for years. I also read that there will be no lightning lanes so hopefully no long lines.

Last edited:

My daughter got us into the event at Epcot on the 8th. She has already booked rooms for 2 August and 13 September in hopes of getting into AK and MK. From what I read, you can have 1 reservation per park (If you are lucky to get in). Anyone know if this is true? This will be the first time we have ever gone and have been DVC members for years. I also read that there will be no lightning lanes so hopefully no long lines.
From the MM page on the member website:
Event Date Limits
In order to allow as many Members as possible to enjoy Moonlight Magic, only one event date for each participating park will be available per Membership.

From the MM page on the member website:
I read that and to me it means a member can have one event per park (1 in CA, 1 at Epcot, 1 at HS, 1 at AK, and 1 at Typhoon Lagoon) for a total of 5 times this year. Am I reading it right?

My daughter got us into the event at Epcot on the 8th. She has already booked rooms for 2 August and 13 September in hopes of getting into AK and MK. From what I read, you can have 1 reservation per park (If you are lucky to get in). Anyone know if this is true? This will be the first time we have ever gone and have been DVC members for years. I also read that there will be no lightning lanes so hopefully no long lines.
Did you mean MK on 9/13? That one's DHS. I wish they'd do an MK one again!

Still no detail emails for Wednesday right? So odd! I’m dying to hear how they’ll handle GOTG. I really hope they do more than one VQ per guest.

DISNEY FILES ‘TRIP TIPS’ FOR YOUR EVENING OF MOONLIGHT MAGIC
Congratulations on successfully registering for the upcoming Disney Vacation Club® Moonlight Magic event at EPCOT!

As the Disney FilesMagazine staff loves trip tips like Disney fans love a second set of ears, we’re pleased to share a few tips for getting the most out of your after-hours party in the park.

Don’t forget your Disney Vacation Club Digital Membership Card. Both your valid Disney Vacation Club Digital Membership Card and photo ID are required at check-in. (If you haven’t yet downloaded your Digital Membership Card to your mobile device, now’s a good time to do so. Visit www.disneyvacationclub.com/card if you need help.) It’s important to note that the Member who was selected during the event registration process must be in attendance to check in their full party, and that entire party must check in together. The event is unable to accommodate parties that did not register in advance. Entry prior to the event mix-in time requires a separate paid theme park admission and park reservation.

You can check into the event a bit early.While the event officially runs from 10 p.m. to 1 a.m., you’re welcome to add even more magic to your day by checking in as early as 7 p.m. And, if you happen to already be in EPCOT that day and would like to check-in even earlier to avoid the lines later, you may do so as early as 4 p.m. at the Disney Vacation Club kiosk located on the bridge between the park’s World Celebration and World Showcase neighborhoods.

Park freely! EPCOT parking will be complimentary for Moonlight Magic attendees beginning at 7 p.m.

Save room for snacks. You may want to eat a lighter-than-usual dinner before the event, as each person in your party will receive three snack vouchers upon arrival, and you may use those vouchers at a wide range of the park’s food and beverage locations, including select Festival Kitchens. You’ll also find a variety of snack locations offering complimentary frozen treats.

Dress comfortably.While February temperatures in Central Florida tend to be on the cooler side (by Florida standards), you never know when things can change. Layers are your friends. And if you’d like those comfy layers to be particularly fit for the occasion, remember that you may purchase official 2023 Moonlight Magic T-shirts and sweatshirts online at shopDisney (just type Moonlight Magic into the site’s search bar).

Post like a pro. If you’re a hip, social media-savvy influencer type, and we trust that you are, remember to tag your posts with #DVCMember and #ThatMagicalFeeling. And if you use Snapchat, be sure to add the Moonlight Magic-exclusive Snapchat filter over your pics to share with friends and family!

Have fun! In addition to enjoying some of your favorite attractions with shorter-than-usual wait times, keep your eyes peeled for special entertainment, including appearances by Disney Characters you don’t often have a chance to meet.

Getting home. If you arrive at EPCOT by Walt Disney World bus or Disney Skyliner, rest assured that both will continue operating until 2 a.m. (though the Monorail and Friendship boats will close at 10 p.m.)

Great night last night. Almost walked straight on to Guardians and Test Track, and did walk straight on to Soarin’. The special DVC fireworks were brilliant too. The food locations were VERY busy. At the end of the night we ended up queuing at Connections Cafe. I’d definitely recommend arriving before the 9:00pm Harmonious show and using the vouchers at places before then! Maybe some nice bits from Pop Eats or something!

Anyone have any issues booking MM that is a Blue Card Member but booked their stay with their resale points? I've been able to do it in the past & just checking.

Anyone have any issues booking MM that is a Blue Card Member but booked their stay with their resale points? I've been able to do it in the past & just checking.
Thank you for asking this MinnieSueB! We have that exact same question as we are hoping to book a stay that will start with our resale points that came with our new contract that we" have "to use up (we have blue card with our other membership) . Perhaps people who did resale point stays and have booked MM can share their experiences . We are little concerned the system won't "recognize" us as blue card members when we try to book MM if our stay is on resale. I thought I read about others having a slight issue with this, but they called Member services and got it straightened out. But if we have to do this during sign up, won't we risk not getting a "good' place in the que and possibly miss out on our chance for tickets?

Thank you for asking this MinnieSueB! We have that exact same question as we are hoping to book a stay that will start with our resale points that came with our new contract that we" have "to use up (we have blue card with our other membership) . Perhaps people who did resale point stays and have booked MM can share their experiences . We are little concerned the system won't "recognize" us as blue card members when we try to book MM if our stay is on resale. I thought I read about others having a slight issue with this, but they called Member services and got it straightened out. But if we have to do this during sign up, won't we risk not getting a "good' place in the que and possibly miss out on our chance for tickets?
I was able to get into MM with resale points (we are blue card members) last year & was just wondering if that was still the case. I've had CMs at DVC tell me we weren't allowed to book a stay with resale points & get into MM. I was just double checking as I booked a stay in July with resale points & want to go to AK MM.

I was able to get into MM with resale points (we are blue card members) last year & was just wondering if that was still the case. I've had CMs at DVC tell me we weren't allowed to book a stay with resale points & get into MM. I was just double checking as I booked a stay in July with resale points & want to go to AK MM.
You’re likely grandfathered in. I have resale memberships from 2011 (blue) that are still valid.

You’re likely grandfathered in. I have resale memberships from 2011 (blue) that are still valid.
Oh oh , so if that is the case we would be in trouble as our resale points are newly purchased and not grandfathered in .:worried: We do have blue card which we have had for over 20 years, but we were planning on booking with the resale points for first day and the remaining two days with our regular points. Guess we may need to flip this around which unfortunately will cost us more $ because we need to buy onetime use points to supplement the resale booking and the last night is a weekend rate. oh well!:sad2:

Oh oh , so if that is the case we would be in trouble as our resale points are newly purchased and not grandfathered in .:worried: We do have blue card which we have had for over 20 years, but we were planning on booking with the resale points for first day and the remaining two days with our regular points. Guess we may need to flip this around which unfortunately will cost us more $ because we need to buy onetime use points to supplement the resale booking and the last night is a weekend rate. oh well!:sad2:
I think as long as you are a blue card member, you can book under resale for MM. You should be good.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter