2023 Epcot Flower and Garden Festival- Garden Rocks Concert Lineup - March 1 - July 5

Do the bands significantly affect crowd levels at Epcot? I'm not overly interested in the concert (more interested in rides) but wonder whether I should switch my Epcot plans to another day where they don't have a concert listed? (ie switch Monday Kool and the Gang for later in the week) or not much of a difference?

We'll be there for Kool and the Gang and I'm so excited to see them! I haven't been to a concert at Epcot before. How hard is it to get seats for one of the shows? Is a dining package necessary? We aren't picky about which show.

We'll be there for Kool and the Gang and I'm so excited to see them! I haven't been to a concert at Epcot before. How hard is it to get seats for one of the shows? Is a dining package necessary? We aren't picky about which show.
2nd and 3rd show are less crowded.
I really good band I get there around 4-4:30.
Usually it’s pretty full around 5.
Rick Springfield will be completely full be 5.

It also depends where you want to sit.

Saw Kool & The Gang open for Van Halen on their 2012 tour. It was a strange combination, but a lot of fun!

2nd and 3rd show are less crowded.
I really good band I get there around 4-4:30.
Usually it’s pretty full around 5.
Rick Springfield will be completely full be 5.

It also depends where you want to sit.

Rick Springfield puts on a great show. I am bummed it's Memorial Weekend and I'll miss it.

We like the first show because the theater is open for seating however early you want to go. For the 2nd and 3rd shows, you have to stand in the queue.

Rick Springfield puts on a great show. I am bummed it's Memorial Weekend and I'll miss it.

We like the first show because the theater is open for seating however early you want to go. For the 2nd and 3rd shows, you have to stand in the queue.
I am bummed, I miss him by 12 days. Luckily I have tix to see him here at home in 3 weeks.

Do the bands significantly affect crowd levels at Epcot? I'm not overly interested in the concert (more interested in rides) but wonder whether I should switch my Epcot plans to another day where they don't have a concert listed? (ie switch Monday Kool and the Gang for later in the week) or not much of a difference?
If it's someone really popular there can be a bottleneck around the theater but it doesn't affect the general crowds. Even if it's a popular band, there is enough wide open space around the America pavilion to avoid them.

If you don't have to sit under the shade or up front and are o.k. with standing, you can always stand outside to the back of the theater and see the bands. I've sat on the big ole planter in front of the QS building and listened to bands. I've also been able to walk up right before they start and getting standing room in the back of the actual theater.

Yahoo - we get Herman’s Hermits! One of my favorites!!

If you don't have to sit under the shade or up front and are o.k. with standing, you can always stand outside to the back of the theater and see the bands. I've sat on the big ole planter in front of the QS building and listened to bands. I've also been able to walk up right before they start and getting standing room in the back of the actual theater.
Do the people with dining reservations get spots in the shade? I didn’t even think about that

I think two if the Pointer Sister died in the last 6 months. Not sure how many there were.
I could be wrong, but I thought it was only one of the Pointer Sisters is living--Ruth Pointer. We saw them when three were living (there were originally four, but one sister left the act leaving three) and they were fantastic! According to Google:

Today's Pointer Sisters feature Ruth, daughter Issa and granddaughter Sadako.

Kool and the Gang (along with the Pointer Sisters) were two of our absolute favorite F&G concerts. Based upon our experience, Kool and the Gang will be crowded! Get there early whichever show you choose.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter