2023 dates posted

I was waiting but am not after seeing the spring break cruise prices. We will hold out for the cheaper fall itineraries.

Still no idea what is going on with the Wonder between November 2022 and April 2023.

I’m also wondering what is going on. I was looking forward to booking my 50th birthday cruise on the Wonder, hoping to sail from New Orleans to CC. Now it is the Magic and no CC for that week. :guilty:

Anyone of the mind that the Wonder will do it's last canal transit in Spring '22 and then be stationed for the near future on the left coast?

How I see myself as I make this post . . .

Is there a link that shows everything in a list without having to expand all the dates? Usually there is a link to that and I'm not seeing it. Thanks!

So much for sailing on the Magic. No Castaway Cay and only sailing from Galveston and New Orleans from what I see. Disappointing.

Sooo...which one would do the EB/WBTA? It has to be a smaller ship...right? Will it be leaving from...?

Well, no spring EBTA. Can't imagine them waiting until June. Then again, there is nothing written that this release isn't complete. They could add more to the existing calendar as plans AND conditions firm up. I don't think it's time to worry. YET.

Anyone of the mind that the Wonder will do it's last canal transit in Spring '22 and then be stationed for the near future on the left coast?

View attachment 612474

How I see myself as I make this post . . .
Here's what we know so far...
  • The Magic is taking over the itineraries that the Wonder used to run out of Galveston and New Orleans
  • The Fantasy and the Wish are staying put in Port Canaveral
  • The Dream is staying put in Miami
So... possible conclusions

• The Wonder is staying in San Diego - but DCL has not finalized port agreements on itineraries (and potentially home porting in San Diego)
  • The Wonder is considering a different home port on the West Coast for the winter season... something closer to Disneyland and LA like Long Beach
  • DCL is looking for a different homeport for the Wonder on the East side... or a combination of homeports... maybe some time in San Juan... maybe joining the Dream in Miami
Right now, you already have 4 to 5 visits a week to Castaway Cay with the proposed itineraries on the Wish, Fantasy and Dream so if the Wonder goes east, I'm not sure it is going to see much Castaway Cay.

All that to say, the signs that the Wonder is staying west are strong... but there still is a possibility that it does the transit every year...

I am currently booked on the 2022 WBPC... so we shall see

Well, no spring EBTA. Can't imagine them waiting until June. Then again, there is nothing written that this release isn't complete. They could add more to the existing calendar as plans AND conditions firm up. I don't think it's time to worry. YET.
This one is going to be interesting...

I doubt that the Magic would move directly from NOLA to Europe, this would make for a fairly long trip, adding roughly 2 days to the typical itinerary... Now, you could potentially throw in a stop at Castaway Cay and you have a solid 14+ night EBTA cruise with maybe one more stop... My take is that the Magic may be doing a repo cruise to maybe San Juan in April 2023 and spend a few weeks there, as it did in 2017 before heading to Miami or PC for the EBTA cruise.

Now, pre-pandemic, there was also a rumour that the Fantasy might be overtaking the Magic in Europe and DCL had signed at the time a new contract with port of NYC significantly expanding the cruising season out of NYC.

Summer 2023 may shake some things up... or we end up with same old, same old...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter