That sounds wonderful. We're DVC too. Are you using your points towards the cruise?
We did a DVC member cruise in the past and just paid cash for both of us. At least for the DVC cruise on the Wish they that at least one of the passengers had to use points. I paid cash for the second.

still have not gotten the confirmation with the actual DCL reservation number.

Never thought of doing that. Wouldn't have crossed my mind as an option but I like it. Do you have to leave ship after first cruise and then re-board for the second cruise?
We have done B2B on the Dream and it was easy. If you book the same stateroom for both cruises you do not need to pack up, just take all your paperwork with you and get off the ship, process in and get back on.

We did a DVC member cruise in the past and just paid cash for both of us. At least for the DVC cruise on the Wish they that at least one of the passengers had to use points. I paid cash for the second.

still have not gotten the confirmation with the actual DCL reservation number.
I've read on forums and even listened to Pete (of the DisBoards) say how using DVC points towards a DCL cruise is not a good idea. I get it...kind of. We used two years worth of points for our DCL cruise 5 years ago and paid cash on top of that. Using DVC points really helped us.

When I lived in California, it was a pain flying to Florida. We didn't have a major airport near us so we had to fly out of Monterey Peninsula Airport to SF and that added to the cost greatly. Two days were always taken up just by air travel. Even before Covid we were getting disenchanted with WDW. The price increases I've seen across the board on everything is crazy. I've only been looking at 7 day cruises and haven't even paid attention to B2B. We'd really like to do a different ship but I don't think my family would like the Dream or the Magic. Really was hoping The Wish had 7 days.
I’d just like to put a plug in for the Magic. We’ve been on 6 DCL cruises across the Fantasy,Magic, and Wonder. Have not done the Dream just because of the shorter cruises. The Magic is a wonderful ship you will not be disappointed :)

I’d just like to put a plug in for the Magic. We’ve been on 6 DCL cruises across the Fantasy,Magic, and Wonder. Have not done the Dream just because of the shorter cruises. The Magic is a wonderful ship you will not be disappointed :)
Totally agree!!!

I’d just like to put a plug in for the Magic. . . . . The Magic is a wonderful ship you will not be disappointed :)

Oh yes. Best cruises / vacations we've ever done were 3 long'ish Magic voyages {TA-East; Baltic; and North Sea}. Has everything but a tiny bit smaller and more accessible.
And yes, we did B2B 4-3 days on the Dream which was ok too. Wonder to/from Alaska was fine, but 9 days would have been better than 7 days . . . my preference is longer.

We really do like the sea days . . . Hawaii in 2022, hopefully.

I love 3 & 4 day cruises - just long enough to enjoy the ship, the shows and some activities. I figure as long as we miss a few activities, it's reason to return. We did a 5 day cruise once and both were ready to get off disembark day. I should say our average vacation for any destination is 6 days.

I've read on forums and even listened to Pete (of the DisBoards) say how using DVC points towards a DCL cruise is not a good idea. I get it...kind of. We used two years worth of points for our DCL cruise 5 years ago and paid cash on top of that. Using DVC points really helped us.
We tend to use our DVC points for family trips to Disney world. I would have preferred to pay cash for both of us for the cruise thru DVC, but that wasn't an option. If I had spare points, I understand it is better to rent the points and use the money to pay cash for the cruise.

I love 3 & 4 day cruises - just long enough to enjoy the ship, the shows and some activities. I figure as long as we miss a few activities, it's reason to return. We did a 5 day cruise once and both were ready to get off disembark day. I should say our average vacation for any destination is 6 days.
I'm with you on that, although on this board we are in the minority. Unless the ports are very special (and in the Caribbean they aren't imo), the cruise experience starts to get a bit stale for my son and me around day 5. We've sailed two 3-night cruises, three 7-night cruises, and one 5-night cruise, and the 5-night cruise was the one that seemed the perfect length for a tropical cruise. Alaska was good for us for 7 nights, but that special experience was one and done, and even then we were happy enough to get off on debarkation morning.

We also tend to vacation for 5-6 days at a time. Much longer than that and homesickness starts to set in. We took a 2 and 1/2 week trip to Europe a few years ago, which was unforgettable, but by departure day, we were both very eager to go home.

Last edited:
We tend to use our DVC points for family trips to Disney world. I would have preferred to pay cash for both of us for the cruise thru DVC, but that wasn't an option. If I had spare points, I understand it is better to rent the points and use the money to pay cash for the cruise.
We've always used our points for WDW too. We've rented points that we know we weren't going to use via David's Vacation Rental. I've heard too that it's better to rent out your points and then use that cash towards a cruise. Again, I get it...kind of. But I think we made out better using our DVC points towards the cruise and paying cash for the rest. Doing the math, I added up what we'd get by renting and it was less than using our points. Hope that makes sense.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter