2022 Point Charts Are Out

It looks like Disney is changing the DVC point charts in 2022.

Below is the statement from the DVC website:

After a thorough analysis of Member travel patterns and Resort demand, the 2022 Disney Vacation Club Vacation Points Charts were adjusted to continue to encourage travel throughout the year with the goal of improving availability.​
The 2022 Vacation Points Charts will again feature 7 seasons with modified travel options. Similar to the 2021 reallocation, travel periods with greater demand will require more Points and travel periods with less demand will require fewer Points. For example, Members can enjoy stays for fewer Points than the year before when traveling during the summer period. On the other hand, Members who wish to travel in certain weeks in October, November and December will require more Points than the year before.​
The 2022 changes only affect Disney Vacation Club Resorts at Walt Disney World Resort. They do not impact Disney’s Vero Beach Resort, Disney’s Hilton Head Island Resort, The Villas at Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa and Aulani, Disney Vacation Club Villas.​

A runDisney Wine and Dine (week 44) fixed week at CCV continues to be a great deal - the 118-point cost is now cheaper than the 121 points it would cost to book the studio on your own, beginning in 2022.

Curious how many others there are like this! Week 49 stays the same at 107 (but I would guess those changes are coming in a later year), week 50 closes the gap on the 118-point cost depending on how many days after December 15 it takes up.

Interesting adjustment for BWV. The standard view studios for the first half of December (which disappear within seconds at 8 am at 11 months ) was LOWERED 5 points, and the standard view 1 bedrooms (which don't) were RAISED 5 points.

How does that make any sense???

Interesting adjustment for BWV. The standard view studios for the first half of December (which disappear within seconds at 8 am at 11 months ) was LOWERED 5 points, and the standard view 1 bedrooms (which don't) were RAISED 5 points.

My initial reaction is that it may be designed to help increase the oversell of studios at BWV (and others), by allowing DVD to sell even more low point contracts to those who can only afford studios, while believing they will be able to book standard view studios for those periods.

The OKW charts seem pretty good, as I usually travel late May/Early June so down a few points. My other normal travel times Early December or mid January hasn't changed (except a few points less for GV, which I usually don't get)...so I'm not unhappy.

Last edited:
I'm disappointed - we always go the same 10 days every year (beginning of March). When we first bought it was 246 points for our home resort - Poly. Last year it went to 252. Now it's 262. Sigh. Luckily we have extra points due to having to skip this year's trip but it's disheartening nonetheless!

Some very interesting things going on and I love the reduction for summer at RIV.
Summer season looks in general like it got shifted to a cheaper season all around. Not surprised since there are less and less people wanting to travel in the summer lately. Not sure if it's enough of a drop to tempt me yet!

The DVC member site now has the 2022 point charts. It appears to be stage two of the reallocation of some points from fall to other seasons, e.g., most of Oct and Nov has been moved to a higher season while June 11 to mid-Aug to a lower season.

I like this. Maybe it will lessen the demand for F&W festival? I know, it sucks if that's the time period you like to go every year, but unfortunately, there are always winners and losers in any point chart re-allocation, but I think it's great for families stuck to a school schedule.

Great3

Makes no sense, but I think it's happening at other resorts too. At Riviera, early December, studios are unchanged, but 1 and 2 bedrooms are raised.

October went up at CCV but I’m not exactly sure where it went down. I am going to need more points though. Sigh....

One of the first things I noticed too.

Also looks like October and November were raised quite a bit. 1 point for Studio, 2 points for 1 bed and 3 points for 2 bed. Grand villa raised 6 points.

I guess Food & Wine

My initial reaction is that it may be designed to help increase the oversell of studios at BWV (and others), by allowing DVD to sell even more low point contracts to those who can only afford studios, while believing they will be able to book standard view studios for those periods.
If so, that is just dirty of them to do that, but it would not surprise me at all.

I don’t know why they lowered the studio but because they broke out the 15th to 23rd again, that went up by 7 points in the studio.

So much to analyze...across seasons and within unit sizes for the year to see if one can figure it out.

October and November is up for sure.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts