2021 Halloween Time Superthread *September 3-October 31* *Oogie Boogie Bash Returns on Select Nights*

2 of the dates I just marked as sold out only have 1 or 2 tickets left. There are 2 tickets for 9/21 and 1 ticket for 10/24.

2 of the dates I just marked as sold out only have 1 or 2 tickets left. There are 2 tickets for 9/21 and 1 ticket for 10/24.

Wow! Effectively, 10 days sold out in less than a week. That makes tolerating the crazy drama on the first day of ticket sales feel so much more "worth it."

Does anyone know if DL was crazy busy on OBB nights? This announcement kinda threw a small wrench in our plans, so I may need to move some starting park days around. We are now planning on going to an OBB on our arrival day, which will be nice since it will give us essentially and extra park day we weren’t planning on. I didn’t really want to pay extra for a day we would already be in the park, so that will work out well. I’m a little bummed that 2 of our other days will have an early DCA closure due to the parties, so I’m trying to figure out the best bet for starting parks, or if we should just do more than one OBB night… we‘ve never gone to an after hours party, so don’t know much about them…
I was thinking this same thing so I purchased OBB tickets for two nights while we are there. I love after hours events because we end up getting to do so much more during those few hours than we would during a full day. Also, we like to sleep in in the morning but that's just personal preference. I'd be so happy to add an extra park day! Nice!

I was thinking this same thing so I purchased OBB tickets for two nights while we are there. I love after hours events because we end up getting to do so much more during those few hours than we would during a full day. Also, we like to sleep in in the morning but that's just personal preference. I'd be so happy to add an extra park day! Nice!

That’s what I ended up doing, too… so we’ll have a party our first night there, and our last night also (a week apart). Sleeping in will definitely be a huge plus! I’m really looking forward to what hopefully will be comparatively lighter crowds, and seeing everyone’s costumes! Now I’m just praying that by some snowball’s chance in Hades I can get a waitlist to come through so we can check out of VGC an extra day later, and not have to find another hotel, haha… *fingers crossed for the next month until we know*

Hmm, we fly in on Sunday the 12th, around noonish. We don't have park tickets for that day. Now I'm trying to decide if we should buy another set of Oogie Boogie tickets for that night, so we can get into DCA that day! Hm....too bad Disneyland doesn't offer the after-4pm tickets or anything like that anymore.

Question.

Do we know how Web Slingers is going to work during the Oogie Boogie bash? Have they said anything about the ride being open or using standby or virtual queues?

I'm doubting myself now.... I bought Oogie Boogie Tickets for September 9th. My plan is to go to DL early (I already have park tickets bought and a reservation made for DL) and then go to the party starting at 3pm. I do NOT have Park hoppers. I'm ok though if I have the party ticket right or do I need to buy a PH to do this?

thank you!

I'm doubting myself now.... I bought Oogie Boogie Tickets for September 9th. My plan is to go to DL early (I already have park tickets bought and a reservation made for DL) and then go to the party starting at 3pm. I do NOT have Park hoppers. I'm ok though if I have the party ticket right or do I need to buy a PH to do this?

thank you!
You do not need a park hopper as long as you enter CA park after 3:00

Not sure if it's a website error, but every single day that has previously sold out except for 10/30 is now available for purchase.

I saw that too. I logged in at 458p (central) and there was more sold out dates, refreshed after 5p and all dates available. I thought it was a glitch on my end so didn't post to be sure lol.

Not sure if it's a website error, but every single day that has previously sold out except for 10/30 is now available for purchase.
I saw that too. I logged in at 458p (central) and there was more sold out dates, refreshed after 5p and all dates available. I thought it was a glitch on my end so didn't post to be sure lol.
There’s a note on the bottom of the date selection screen that unavailable dates may become available. Looks like they may be releasing additional tix for some days?

D3692A07-E43B-4782-A7DE-C468F05247FC.jpeg

Dang… has anyone still not received an email ticket yet and it’s been longer than 24 hours? I purchased a ticket Thursday afternoon (around 4pm pacific time) and still haven’t got an email… I was at work and in a rush so I didn’t write down my confirmation and stuff and didn’t get a screenshot. I didn’t link my ticket to Disney account yet because I was hoping to have the flexibility maybe to give my ticket to someone that needs it if I bail out due to covid worries…

I see the charge on my card… should I just keep waiting, or is a call to Disney in order? Can they look it up with my credit card number?

Am I the only one who is a bit disappointed that Disney increased capacity for OBB? One of the major selling points of the event is lower crowds, so this just doesn't seem right to me ...

I think they’ve done this previous years too and the times I’ve been there ride wait times are usually 20 min or less. Guardians was almost walk on in 2019 and the event was fully sold out and I think had “additional tickets” released as well. Some things feel busy still, but it’s still possible to basically get everything done in one night still. I was actually fairly impressed how well they balanced capacity…. Granted this year might be wildly different without WOC and possibly covid worries still or staffing shortages…

Edit: Plus this allowed me to snag a second day as well so now I don’t have to worry about waking up at 6am to go stand in a line at the front desk of the DLH half asleep like a zombie, lol

I think they’ve done this previous years too and the times I’ve been there ride wait times are usually 20 min or less. Guardians was almost walk on in 2019 and the event was fully sold out and I think had “additional tickets” released as well. Some things feel busy still, but it’s still possible to basically get everything done in one night still. I was actually fairly impressed how well they balanced capacity…. Granted this year might be wildly different without WOC and possibly covid worries still or staffing shortages…

Edit: Plus this allowed me to snag a second day as well so now I don’t have to worry about waking up at 6am to go stand in a line at the front desk of the DLH half asleep like a zombie, lol
That's reassuring. Thanks for posting!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter