2021 Halloween Time Superthread *September 3-October 31* *Oogie Boogie Bash Returns on Select Nights*

And we have no idea what the numbers actually were, maybe they increased it from 20% to 30% capacity. It’s really hard to get to upset when you don’t know what the actual numbers are.

Welp. Had changed my mind of going on Halloween and wanted to go on my birthday...day before halloween. But that seems to be sold out. I decided to just purchase the Halloween date as they came back on sale. It will be our first time back to the park and don't know what to expect, but honestly, I feel regardless of the long lines we will have a good time. We are not World of Color or parade people...as we don't like to just sit and wait for a good spot and I am short, so I can't see anything if we don't do that.

Hopefully the rides will be a pleasant wait time. And I get to avoid trick or treating as the neighborhood stopped doing it as much prior to COVID.

MC posted today that WS will be open during the party without the virtual queue.

MC posted today that WS will be open during the party.
Did Disney announce WS open (I couldn't find anything on their site) or just MiceChat? Would be great if it is.... just annoying when fan websites are quoted as official news.

That’s what I ended up doing, too… so we’ll have a party our first night there, and our last night also (a week apart). Sleeping in will definitely be a huge plus! I’m really looking forward to what hopefully will be comparatively lighter crowds, and seeing everyone’s costumes! Now I’m just praying that by some snowball’s chance in Hades I can get a waitlist to come through so we can check out of VGC an extra day later, and not have to find another hotel, haha… *fingers crossed for the next month until we know*
Us too! Except I wish we were staying a while week! We have our party night our first night and then also our last night but they are only 3 days apart. Womp womp! Fingers crossed for you! Keep us updated!

Did Disney announce WS open (I couldn't find anything on their site) or just MiceChat? Would be great if it is.... just annoying when fan websites are quoted as official news.
Not quoting it as official news, just said that MC reported it (which they did). If the news had been official, i.e. from Disney, I would have said so. Let's hope that Disney posts something official sooner than later. Lots of people are waiting to hear about this.

Last edited:
I think they’ve done this previous years too and the times I’ve been there ride wait times are usually 20 min or less. Guardians was almost walk on in 2019 and the event was fully sold out and I think had “additional tickets” released as well. Some things feel busy still, but it’s still possible to basically get everything done in one night still. I was actually fairly impressed how well they balanced capacity…. Granted this year might be wildly different without WOC and possibly covid worries still or staffing shortages…

Edit: Plus this allowed me to snag a second day as well so now I don’t have to worry about waking up at 6am to go stand in a line at the front desk of the DLH half asleep like a zombie, lol
I Agree we had plenty of time to do everything. We even had time to go to the character interactive treat trails more than once. I wonder if they will have a perk for legacy passholders. I think they had a treat trail in 2019 where we got magnets for annual passholders. They were halloween magnets if I remember correctly.

When ROTR newly opened, they didn't have it available for Star Wars night. Not quite the same as different tech and one off Star wars night vs Boogie is ongoing and WS not a new tech that needs tweeking.

I am hopeful Spider-Man will be open… in the past rides were not shut down for the party, except toon town which always closes early anyway. GOTG becomes Monsters After Dark and ran during the last OBB… in theory they could just close Avengers campus, but I have a feeling it will be a bonus to have it open during OBB.

We'll be there Sunday, Sept 26th with a group of friends. Can't wait. Bring on the Halloween festivities!!! 🎃

Just looked and can't believe my date is sold out. Glad I waited the 4 hours to get the tickets. Can't wait to go on Sept 14th.

LOL... the ever evolving ticket sales! here are the sold out dates (I think... I have no idea what dates are sold out cause they don't freakin post it!): September: 14,21,28 and Oct: 5,7,12,14,19,21,Screen Shot 2021-07-22 at 5.05.47 PM.pngScreen Shot 2021-07-22 at 5.05.40 PM.png30,31

Last edited:
ah! so confusing. i'l edit my post. i WISH they would show all the dates that are/were available.

I am hopeful Spider-Man will be open… in the past rides were not shut down for the party, except toon town which always closes early anyway. GOTG becomes Monsters After Dark and ran during the last OBB… in theory they could just close Avengers campus, but I have a feeling it will be a bonus to have it open during OBB.
Monsters After Dark is a lot of fun, I really hope they don’t close that area of the park!

FYI just went on the Oogie Boogie site and looks like on September 30th there's only 9 tickets left. If you're on the fence about that date you may want to buy them soon! Now they may add more like they did before, who knows, but just a heads up!
*******Also if you are going in September feel free to go to the September Check in thread and get your name added and join the gang!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter