2020 Watch??

Ok, well I'm out. All this wait for nothing, time to cancel my placeholder.

What a disappointment :crazy2:
Me too. We have to use our placeholder by Oct 11. I was hoping for another Oct 7 day Fantasy Cruise. It works best with our school and sports schedules. We don’t enjoy the short cruises and prefer a 7 day cruise.

Disappointed with the lack of early October dates. I was hoping for a 7 night fall break or a back to back on the Dream.

We would really want to dock in Newfoundland -- it would be full circle for us with the Titanic history. If we book and they don't dock, that would be a bummer. What were the reasons they didn't dock before -- rough seas?

My TA's theory on the missing Magic itineraries from Miami is that DCL had planned to go to Cuba and is now rearranging itineraries. Just a theory, but perhaps part of the delay in releasing itineraries was concern that Cuba was up in the air. I suppose we'll never know for sure.

We would really want to dock in Newfoundland -- it would be full circle for us with the Titanic history. If we book and they don't dock, that would be a bummer. What were the reasons they didn't dock before -- rough seas?
On the Magic's May 2015 Transatlantic - St. John's, Newfoundland and Reykjavik, Iceland were changed last minute due to ICEBERGS near NL! The replacement ports were Halifax and Stavanger, Norway.

It appears the Quebec experiment didn't pay off for DCL. It's so odd, though. Lots of other cruise lines make that same basic journey, but for whatever reason DCL had a difficult time selling those cruises. Heck, there is only one Canadian sailing in this release, period. We have absolutely loved both of our Canadian/New England cruises. There are so many interesting and beautiful ports to explore. (not to mention so many lobster rolls and oysters to sample!! :goodvibes) I'd love to take another one sometime, and no doubt we will - though it appears doubtful it will be on DCL.

Adding to that, as others have noted, there are no Bahamas sailings out of NYC with a stop in Port Canaveral. That one seems really odd. I thought those were pretty popular :confused3. We've always wanted to do one of them, but the timing hasn't worked out for us up to this point. Oh well. The Magic is going to have a pretty short stint in NYC next year. Shame. Bermuda doesn't really interest me. If I wanted to go spend several days just in Bermuda, I'd fly there and stay in a hotel, not take a cruise. To each their own though!

I'm just disappointed in the small number of NYC departures. Hopefully it's because of the late arrival from Europe next year (it's coming back a couple of weeks later than usual), and isn't an indication of plans for NYC in the future.
My thought is they have trouble selling cruises out of NYC. They've been offering discounts of all kinds on those cruises.

Quick question, do the prices change a lot during the first week? I mean, it really seem to be a perk to be able to book a day earlier and I don’t know if it’s for the prices or because of the options (stateroom, dinner;...) I’m super new to this world !! :fish:Also, where are the discounts published? I mean, is there some sort of last minute deals?

Thank you in advance!!

Last edited:
Quick question, do the prices change a lot during the first week?

It depends. A vanilla itinerary that they do all the time, the prices may not change much at all. Special/exotic or new itineraries usually starting going up in price the first hour or two and don't stop.

It depends. A vanilla itinerary that they do all the time, the prices may not change much at all. Special/exotic or new itineraries usually starting going up in price the first hour or two and don't stop.
I’m planning on doing the NYC to San Juan, is this one special/ exotic? It seemed to have a very reasonable price last year

My TA's theory on the missing Magic itineraries from Miami is that DCL had planned to go to Cuba and is now rearranging itineraries. Just a theory, but perhaps part of the delay in releasing itineraries was concern that Cuba was up in the air. I suppose we'll never know for sure.
That is an interesting theory, I guess if they release something for the Magic in the next few days it may back up this theory.

Though looking at the itineraries again, probably unlikely as the Magic is over in Europe and then repositions after the gap...unless they just put back the reposition and planned ones following it.

Last edited:
To much ice and icebergs in May 2015 and there was a threat of a hurricane in Sept 2017.

It appears the Quebec experiment didn't pay off for DCL. It's so odd, though. Lots of other cruise lines make that same basic journey, but for whatever reason DCL had a difficult time selling those cruises. Heck, there is only one Canadian sailing in this release, period. We have absolutely loved both of our Canadian/New England cruises. There are so many interesting and beautiful ports to explore. (not to mention so many lobster rolls and oysters to sample!! :goodvibes) I'd love to take another one sometime, and no doubt we will - though it appears doubtful it will be on DCL.

Personally while I was interested in this one when they were first released heading to the area that time of year a land based venture just makes more sense. Part of the draw for me is moving through the countryside looking out the window, going slow. Being on a cruise ship in cooler weather doesn't seem like the best way to see it. We'd like to be there longer than a short cruise also.

Personally while I was interested in this one when they were first released heading to the area that time of year a land based venture just makes more sense. Part of the draw for me is moving through the countryside looking out the window, going slow. Being on a cruise ship in cooler weather doesn't seem like the best way to see it. We'd like to be there longer than a short cruise also.

If you are planning a land trip in that area, I highly recommend the Cabot Trail in Nova Scotia. We took a small group private tour on our Sydney stop. We could only do part of the trail due to time constraints, but the scenery was incredible - especially in the fall. We've been to a lot of beautiful places over the years, but this was special. We definitely plan on returning by car and driving the entire trail. The other highlights for us were Quebec City (basically a trip to Europe without having to cross the pond) and Acadia National Park in Maine. Everyone should see the view from the top of Cadillac Mountain at some point in their life!

We were on NCL for our second cruise to the area and it went to a lot more places than DCL did. I think if DCL really wanted to give that area another shot, they need to add ports and maybe length (ours was a 12 night cruise).

2017 was the remains of a hurricane but gave an extra day in New York

I personally think this is probably what happened too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter