2020 Watch??

Oh well...Norway is too late for us...both past my placeholder date and getting too close to the start of school...

Will have to look over itineraries more to see if there is anything else we might be interested in...

I really wish they would go back to offering this itinerary earlier in the summer...I want to do this cruise as well but it never works with my son's school schedule.

Disappointed in number of itineraries (Greece is great, buy why only 1 stop in Croatia and no Venice? One day in Iceland isn't enough! Why did they take Helsinki out of the longer Baltic cruise) but need to sit down and see if what they are offering is something that can work for us. There are some new ports to research, too. I'm glad it was released so we can at least take a look and start to plan. I don't feel locked into DCL this time, so that helps.

Not happy with itineraries..... Just seems to be same old same old. Gonna keep my New Orleans cruise at least New Orleans is a different port.

Disappointed with the selection of Caribbean cruises in the fall.... I was hoping for either a Southern or a Eastern cruise but the dates and lengths they have dont work with our timeframe. I'm also shocked at how many itineraries include nassau when its been a trouble port. But I dont really know how all of that works being new to cruising, but we may look for a different cruise line to go to the ports we want.

(EDIT: and by fall I mean September.)

Disappointed with the selection of Caribbean cruises in the fall.... I was hoping for either a Southern or a Eastern cruise but the dates and lengths they have dont work with our timeframe. I'm also shocked at how many itineraries include nassau when its been a trouble port. But I dont really know how all of that works being new to cruising, but we may look for a different cruise line to go to the ports we want.
Extremely disappointing

My daughter graduates high school next year so I'm on a time crunch for when we can cruise between my job and her heading to college. None of these seems to work for us unfortunately which is so sad. Glad I booked a last minute Disney cruise for this year though. My kids loved their Disney Cruise we went on.

Disappointed in number of itineraries (Greece is great, buy why only 1 stop in Croatia and no Venice? One day in Iceland isn't enough! Why did they take Helsinki out of the longer Baltic cruise) but need to sit down and see if what they are offering is something that can work for us. There are some new ports to research, too. I'm glad it was released so we can at least take a look and start to plan. I don't feel locked into DCL this time, so that helps.
Ya I'm surprised they are only doing one day in Iceland, that is not long enough at all. I noticed they don't have the name of the cruise as Iceland so it's clearly not the focus, but that's a shame. I won't be doing it, it seems like a waste and will try to go by plane instead.

I now need to make a decision: Alaskan/Norway, 2020/2021. I had planned on Alaska 2020 and Norway 2021. But just paid attention to sail dates and realized Norway is pretty late in the season. In 2021, that could be a conflict with something else I would want to be doing in late August/early September (but of course those actual dates won’t come out until a few months before).

I guess swapping them isn’t too hard. I just know I want to get to Alaska sooner rather than later (with glaciers melting and all). And if I do Norway 2020, I could pop down to DLP for a couple days, succeeding in doing all Disney parks worldwide in 12 months (I’m doing Asia this fall). Hmm, maybe I have just convinced myself?

So no Hawaii :sad1: but Greek Isles!!! :teleport:I really wish I could do the Fantasy Eastern 6/27 but that's my busy week at my job

Looks like that last Alaska cruise sets sail September 7 2020 so perhaps DCL will squeeze in a couple of Hawaii cruises later in September 2020 before heading down the west coast. If they do that, those won't be released until the next batch (end of 2020) comes out, which is usually May.

Can we book online with a placeholder or does that have to be called in?

No, with a placeholder you have to call in. Bummer, I know.

Interesting changes to the Fantasy itineraries. Are folks looking for more shorter sailings?

My guess is they needed a work-around from trying to deal with debarkation/embarkation on July 4th and they can make more money on the number they have this way.

I really wish they would go back to offering this itinerary earlier in the summer...I want to do this cruise as well but it never works with my son's school schedule.

Give it another year or so and they will probably switch those to earlier. They tend to flip them every few years.

Looks like that last Alaska cruise sets sail September 7 2020 so perhaps DCL will squeeze in a couple of Hawaii cruises later in September 2020 before heading down the west coast. If they do that, those won't be released until the next batch (end of 2020) comes out, which is usually May.

No, with a placeholder you have to call in. Bummer, I know.

Yeah I knew early summer was a long shot lol wanted to try to hit Hawaii before my daughter heads to school; might just do Aulani or Hawaii on another cruiseline at this point.

I agree that one day of Iceland is not enough. I see a couple interesting (to me) cruises. But, I think we're sticking with the TA. I've wanted to do one forever and I'm guessing since it's a "same old, same old" we may get a decent deal. (I have a placeholder as well). I'll continue to watch pricing, we may get a military deal down the road as well. The timing is perfect for us and we'll be spending a few days post cruise in Barcelona.

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter