2020 Military Room discount

interstate70s

DIS Veteran
My husband is active duty. We've booked room only military rates at WDW before, but not in a couple of years. I have also booked Disneyland miltary room only rates many times. Today my husband booked 6 nights at the Beach Club Villas, and when I looked at the confirmation email it stated that it is a "Basic Military Package" so the balance is due a month before our trip. We didn't buy tickets or any dining plan so I was surprised. Is this just how the military rate is booked this year?

My husband is active duty. We've booked room only military rates at WDW before, but not in a couple of years. I have also booked Disneyland miltary room only rates many times. Today my husband booked 6 nights at the Beach Club Villas, and when I looked at the confirmation email it stated that it is a "Basic Military Package" so the balance is due a month before our trip. We didn't buy tickets or any dining plan so I was surprised. Is this just how the military rate is booked this year?

Update

The reservationist just booked it as a package by default. I was able to rebook today as room only, but the CM really tried to push keeping the reservation as a package, just in case I wanted to add dining plan (0 percent chance) and tickets.

That's so funny that they would want to sell you tickets as part of a package...you can't beat the special military rate for tickets that Disney offers!

Update

The reservationist just booked it as a package by default. I was able to rebook today as room only, but the CM really tried to push keeping the reservation as a package, just in case I wanted to add dining plan (0 percent chance) and tickets.
there have been posts that people booking a free dining BB had the CM try to "upsell" them to a higher dining plan.

That is weird the CM mentioned adding tickets! In my experience, they've tried to offer a military ticketless dining package...but never with tickets.

I actually did a military ticketless and no dining "package" last year for a 2-night stay we added to the end of our trip. I didn't understand why the CM was offering a package since I already had tickets and also wasn't doing dining,, but I saw there was free mini-golf with the "magical extras" that come with a package, so I figured why not? (We knew we weren't canceling at that point anyway).

I actually just tried to price out a SEP 2020 stay and had to tell them NO repeatedly on the dining plan, but they absolutely kept trying to push it. It also turned out there were no military discounted rooms left at the resort I was looking at for my time of stay. Oh well. . .

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter