2019 Princess Half Marathon Weekend

I'm going to watch this thread as the Feb Princess 5K comes up to motivate me to try it for 2020! I tried searching through all the threads, but it was so long. Is there always a Princess event in Feb? And does it always fall during Pres Week?

I'm the laziest person in the world, but turning 40 this year and this seems like a very motivating way to get my butt off the couch!

Thanks!
I have never like running, even when I was very fit and played a ton of sports. I just never could get into it. Last year we just so happened that we were in Disney during the Princess run. It has motivated me to start running and get into shape! Running is definitely not easy for me, but it’s getting easier and more enjoyable :)

Anyone know when corral assignments and race weekend guide may be coming out? The buzz around WDW marathon weekend is definitely making me more excited about Princess!
I looked back in my old emails - I got an email from runDisney with the event guide and waivers on February 1. Is that information usually released around the same time? I'm feeling the same way, I'm getting more and more anxious the more I read about Marathon Weekend!

I'm going to watch this thread as the Feb Princess 5K comes up to motivate me to try it for 2020! I tried searching through all the threads, but it was so long. Is there always a Princess event in Feb? And does it always fall during Pres Week?

Just do it. Imagine if you started training for a 5K *now*. Imagine how well the event would go for you!

oh thank you! is that published somewhere? i could only swing the 5K if that falls on the friday.

5K is always on the Friday, 10K on Saturday, Half on Sunday. Same for all race weekends *except for* the January marathon weekend going on now, because for that the marathon is Sunday and everything else shifts. So Thursday was the 5K.

But please know that you have to be there the day BEFORE to pick up your bib!

Getting so close! I'm only doing the 5k, but still making sure to train. Did it 2 years ago & training was definitely the key to being able to get up at 4am after a week of insanely long Disney--days, then put in a full MK day agtaf the race! This time, we're cruising first, then getting to Disney on Thursday, but I'm olaplann to do the Castaway Cay 5k too!

Just do it. Imagine if you started training for a 5K *now*. Imagine how well the event would go for you!

5K is always on the Friday, 10K on Saturday, Half on Sunday. Same for all race weekends *except for* the January marathon weekend going on now, because for that the marathon is Sunday and everything else shifts. So Thursday was the 5K.

Thank for that tid-bit about picking up the bib the day before. Nitpicky question - but how late in the day/night can you pick up the bib? I work at a school and I'm not "allowed" to miss two days in a row so I could only fly down on Thursday night. Hm.............

Just curious- do buses run to the Expo? Or am I better off ubering?

Also, we don’t have to buy tickets to the expo, correct? And I can bring my family when I go to get my bib?

Ugh, I’m sick. I was already a week behind in training because of scheduling issues from my son’s Nutcracker ballet and holiday season and then him being sick, and now it’s going to be more.

It’s the 10k, and I know I can do that, but I really wanted to be fully trained his time, especially since we aren’t doing multiple races this time. I’m so bummed.

I feel you, I'm behind in my training although I'm slowly getting back on track. I developed a foot injury just a week or so into training (back when I started in October) and had to rest it basically through mid-December. Then when I finally could start training again, I basically got sick twice in a row. I'm FINALLY better and running again! Up to 4 miles now :-)

I am running the half. Can I pick up my bib on Thursday or does it have to be picked up on Saturday? Sorry, I have gotten zero emails or documents in the mail so I ask here.

Reminder: now is the time to get those longer training runs in! Build up to a long run of 90% of your longest race distance before Valentine's Day. Whatever the weather, get out there and enjoy your run.

We are here to encourage each other. I have so much work left to get there, but I'm going to do it! So will you.

But for today... costume finalisation and a gym workout. Long run on Sunday.

Last edited:
Yep.

And of course I chose 12/30 to weigh myself again (and scream lol). Since you and I were losing at the same time I figured you’d have empathy for that. Good news is I didn’t gain it *all* back. But close enough. Sigh.

Since March (in other words just after last princess!) I’ve gone through a surprise divorce, and as the dust settled with the lawyer meetings etc, I realized I was in a very deep depression and hadn’t had a clue. I realized I’d been depressed as it slowly started to lift.

So the continued slow steady gain makes sense. The pretending it wasn’t as much as it was makes sense. Doesn’t make it easier!

and this has to do with training because it’s easier to run when I’m lighter!

Ok, sorry for the whine. :):)

I definitely get it. Whining is needed sometimes! Don’t apologize. It’s really hard when you do all that work and then backslide. You can get back on track though. I did!

Just curious- do buses run to the Expo? Or am I better off ubering?

Also, we don’t have to buy tickets to the expo, correct? And I can bring my family when I go to get my bib?

Yes to the bus to the expo! No tickets. Bring your family if you must, but I personally wouldn't if there are other adults to hang out with the kids elsewhere. Lines can be long, the walk from bus (or parking lot) to buildings is long, there are a zillion people, and tempers can flare. Princess expos have been...oh, fraught with females being mad at other females. We walked in to our first Princess expo in the aftermath of an actual physical fight over merchandise. We saw the police, then later heard what had happened.

Reminder: now is the time to get those longer training runs in! Build up to a long run of 90% of your longest race distance before Valentine's Day. Whatever the weather, get out there and enjoy your run.

Yep! And if you haven't done so already, for the longer events, start practicing your fueling!

Did 7 today again. Ugh my toes! They start to hurt/go numb after mile 4. I am going to try to go tomorrow to Road Runner and get shoes a half size up and try that. I hate to do so... shoes are so expensive! But with their trial period, I figure I will return them if they don't fix the problem. But other than that, I am happy with my progress so far.

Yes to the bus to the expo! No tickets. Bring your family if you must, but I personally wouldn't if there are other adults to hang out with the kids elsewhere. Lines can be long, the walk from bus (or parking lot) to buildings is long, there are a zillion people, and tempers can flare. Princess expos have been...oh, fraught with females being mad at other females. We walked in to our first Princess expo in the aftermath of an actual physical fight over merchandise. We saw the police, then later heard what had happened.
Omg! That’s crazy! I just want the bib and no merchandise. I have DH and my 6 and 8 year old. I think the plan might be to Uber there from Pop and then Uber to AK from the expo.
How long should I allot for the expo if I really just want to get the bib and get out?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!