2019 Princess Half Marathon Weekend

Discussion in 'runDisney' started by Bree, Feb 16, 2018.

1. JJ2017

JJ2017 DIS Veteran

oh thank you! is that published somewhere? i could only swing the 5K if that falls on the friday.

MarBee likes this.
  2. jmasgat

jmasgat DIS Veteran

bumbershoot, MarBee and JJ2017 like this.
  3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. MarBee

MarBee DIS Veteran

I have never like running, even when I was very fit and played a ton of sports. I just never could get into it. Last year we just so happened that we were in Disney during the Princess run. It has motivated me to start running and get into shape! Running is definitely not easy for me, but it’s getting easier and more enjoyable :)

5. Livelovedance

Livelovedance DIS Veteran

I looked back in my old emails - I got an email from runDisney with the event guide and waivers on February 1. Is that information usually released around the same time? I'm feeling the same way, I'm getting more and more anxious the more I read about Marathon Weekend!

6. GollyGadget

GollyGadget DIS Veteran

I'm the exact same! A blog I know that always shares the corral info posted last year's on Jan 31. Should just be a couple weeks away

disneydaydreamer33 likes this.
  7. bumbershoot

bumbershoot DIS Veteran

Just do it. Imagine if you started training for a 5K *now*. Imagine how well the event would go for you!

5K is always on the Friday, 10K on Saturday, Half on Sunday. Same for all race weekends *except for* the January marathon weekend going on now, because for that the marathon is Sunday and everything else shifts. So Thursday was the 5K.

But please know that you have to be there the day BEFORE to pick up your bib!

disneydaydreamer33 and MarBee like this.
  8. cmarsh31

cmarsh31 DIS Veteran

Getting so close! I'm only doing the 5k, but still making sure to train. Did it 2 years ago & training was definitely the key to being able to get up at 4am after a week of insanely long Disney--days, then put in a full MK day agtaf the race! This time, we're cruising first, then getting to Disney on Thursday, but I'm olaplann to do the Castaway Cay 5k too!

9. JJ2017

JJ2017 DIS Veteran

Thank for that tid-bit about picking up the bib the day before. Nitpicky question - but how late in the day/night can you pick up the bib? I work at a school and I'm not "allowed" to miss two days in a row so I could only fly down on Thursday night. Hm.............

MarBee likes this.
  10. FFigawi

FFigawi DIS Veteran

If you look at the runDisney web site, the expo schedule is posted there.

https://www.rundisney.com/events/disneyworld/disney-princess-half-marathon-weekend/expo/

bumbershoot likes this.
  11. MarBee

MarBee DIS Veteran

Just curious- do buses run to the Expo? Or am I better off ubering?

Also, we don’t have to buy tickets to the expo, correct? And I can bring my family when I go to get my bib?

12. 1lilspark

1lilspark DIS Veteran

Charter busses run from hotels and it’s open to the public for free

disneydaydreamer33 and MarBee like this.
  13. iheartglaciers

iheartglaciers DIS Veteran

I feel you, I'm behind in my training although I'm slowly getting back on track. I developed a foot injury just a week or so into training (back when I started in October) and had to rest it basically through mid-December. Then when I finally could start training again, I basically got sick twice in a row. I'm FINALLY better and running again! Up to 4 miles now :-)

14. JPDtheJD

JPDtheJD Mouseketeer

I am running the half. Can I pick up my bib on Thursday or does it have to be picked up on Saturday? Sorry, I have gotten zero emails or documents in the mail so I ask here.

MarBee likes this.
  15. jmasgat

jmasgat DIS Veteran

You can pick up you bib any time during expo hours.....so yes to Thursday.

bumbershoot, MarBee and JPDtheJD like this.
  16. spacecanada

spacecanada DIS Veteran

Reminder: now is the time to get those longer training runs in! Build up to a long run of 90% of your longest race distance before Valentine's Day. Whatever the weather, get out there and enjoy your run.

We are here to encourage each other. I have so much work left to get there, but I'm going to do it! So will you.

But for today... costume finalisation and a gym workout. Long run on Sunday.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2019
  17. keahgirl8

keahgirl8 DIS Veteran

I definitely get it. Whining is needed sometimes! Don’t apologize. It’s really hard when you do all that work and then backslide. You can get back on track though. I did!

18. carlythecat

carlythecat Earning My Ears

My first half since running Dopey in 2016 and first race since having my baby. I am totally under trained but hopefully that the Disney Magic will get me across the finish line . This is also the first race I’ve ever run by myself and not with my husband. So it shall be an experience!

19. bumbershoot

bumbershoot DIS Veteran

Yes to the bus to the expo! No tickets. Bring your family if you must, but I personally wouldn't if there are other adults to hang out with the kids elsewhere. Lines can be long, the walk from bus (or parking lot) to buildings is long, there are a zillion people, and tempers can flare. Princess expos have been...oh, fraught with females being mad at other females. We walked in to our first Princess expo in the aftermath of an actual physical fight over merchandise. We saw the police, then later heard what had happened.

Yep! And if you haven't done so already, for the longer events, start practicing your fueling!

MarBee likes this.
  20. AZMermaid

AZMermaid DIS Veteran

Did 7 today again. Ugh my toes! They start to hurt/go numb after mile 4. I am going to try to go tomorrow to Road Runner and get shoes a half size up and try that. I hate to do so... shoes are so expensive! But with their trial period, I figure I will return them if they don't fix the problem. But other than that, I am happy with my progress so far.

21. MarBee

MarBee DIS Veteran

Omg! That’s crazy! I just want the bib and no merchandise. I have DH and my 6 and 8 year old. I think the plan might be to Uber there from Pop and then Uber to AK from the expo.
    How long should I allot for the expo if I really just want to get the bib and get out?

doodlemama likes this.