2019 Jingle Bell, Jingle BAM! Thread. Now with extra BAM!

instlouis

Mouseketeer
JBJB! Starts tonight. Post your reviews, comments and questions here. How was the show? It is a new area for the dessert party, how was it? Food and drink comments? Tell us about the great viewing spot you had and how early crowds started forming in the good spots.

Here for this! We booked this for early December and trying to decide whether to keep it or not.

Here for this! We booked this for early December and trying to decide whether to keep it or not.
Same here, but not because we don’t want to go but because we only have 1 day and a Christmas party at Disney during our US trip and if we do the candlelight professional lunch package and this that will be most of Our day, and the kids won’t be thrilled with that 😊

For me it depends if my party of 3 will be seated with strangers or not. That will be a dealbreaker for me. So I’d love to read reports on that.

I have considered booking this, but am concerned about the viewing area. Last year there were complaints about the area being too close to the front as well as behind a hedge and a garbage can. An easywdw review stated, "The view of the projections themselves is good, but you’re only going to be able to take in what’s happening in the middle of the Chinese Theater without turning your head all over the place to try to take in everything else that’s going on." There were also some reviews on twitter complaining of the same issue.
I think I will wait for a few reviews on the board to see if this is an issue with the 2019 parties before I book.

For me it depends if my party of 3 will be seated with strangers or not. That will be a dealbreaker for me. So I’d love to read reports on that.
As posted on MDE "Banquet-style seating will be available and Guests may be seated with other parties." The key word is "MAY". There's no way to know ahead of time, but if a party doesn't take up all the seats at a table there's a chance they'll share the table with others. It's not a sure thing and will depend on the makeup and size of the parties attending on any given night.
There were also some reviews on twitter complaining of the same issue. I think I will wait for a few reviews on the board to see if this is an issue with the 2019 parties before I book.
Because the viewing area is unchanged I expect the reviews to be the same. Some Guests have had an issue with the viewing area and some have not. If you stand as far back as possible in the viewing area, it's less of an issue. Between the SW and JBJB parties, I've been present hundreds of times and I've never liked the location as much as the original location, but that's just me.

I have considered booking this, but am concerned about the viewing area. Last year there were complaints about the area being too close to the front as well as behind a hedge and a garbage can. An easywdw review stated, "The view of the projections themselves is good, but you’re only going to be able to take in what’s happening in the middle of the Chinese Theater without turning your head all over the place to try to take in everything else that’s going on." There were also some reviews on twitter complaining of the same issue.
I think I will wait for a few reviews on the board to see if this is an issue with the 2019 parties before I book.
like @FastPasser. said the viewing area is unchanged, I was at DHS last night (not the party) and it;s the same viewing area. It is a tad too close but if you are looking for a good spot to watch the show without waiting a long time then the dessert party is the way to go. Last night, even with the constant drizzle the great areas were taken by 8pm, there were some spots available but I consider that an anomaly because of weather.
The show is exactly the same as last year

Similar to last year, if you are in the first 10 groups to check-in, you will be let in the area early to meet Chip and Dale before sitting. They’re still working everything out though- they said it’s basically night 1 for them since it rained last night.

no one told us we would be let it early. I asked and was told no and when we came back the man who checked us in said “oh hey you were one of the first 10 to check in you should be over here” lol

We booked this for 12/22. Do only the first 10 families get to meet Chip N Dale or does everyone? This is the first time we are going for Christmas.

Im curious if you are able to stay in the new party area during the show or is it impossible to see from there? I need to be able to sit so I'd be happy if the view was okay from there. Otherwise I'll have to rent a wheelchair so I can have a seat in the viewing area.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter