2019 Fiscal Q1 Disney Earnings Report

Disney stock ended the day up .72% to 112.618

Disney revenues beats the street with earnings of $1.84 earnings per share vs expected earnings of $1.55

Revenue was $15.3 billion compared to $15.14 billion expected

Disney parks saw a 10% income growth compared to the prior year

Disney is spending more money on their domestic parks spending 838 million in captial projects Oct-Dec 2018 compared to 646 million in the previous year quarter

Via Laughing Place Live Blog

let's go live to Iger's office:

rjSVW.gif

Iger notes IP licensing with Lucasfilm in the parks and Avatar as a way they could continue to license post the Fox deal.

Iger - "I should just tweet [SWGE] is opening and thats enough" In terms of marketing the opening of the new lands.

I mean, he's not wrong

Even with some of the movies out this year ... like, how many more people will they get to see Avengers 4 from a huge marketing push? Just open the movie, people will go

Bob says we are good at movies, parks, cruise ships, and media in response to video game possibilities. Basically he doesn't see Disney making many video games since thats not what they do.

Bob says we are good at movies, parks, cruise ships, and media in response to video game possibilities. Basically he doesn't see Disney making many video games since thats not what they do.

He says they've been successful in licensing with EA, for example. I wanted to throw my laptop out the window when I heard him say that! :headache::mad::badpc:

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter