2019 Epcot International Food and Wine Festival: August 29-November 23, 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m not sure at the park hours are. But assuming it closes at nine and 730 dinner reservation at this place makes it Risky To be out in time for the evening show especially with a group of eight. I would not assume you’ll be seated until closer to eight. They are notorious for running behind. Then one of two things will happen I’ve had both. You could have the server who throws all your food on the table at once, comes back by 5 minutes later, announces you didn’t want dessert and throws the check on the table. With him you might be out by 9. Or it will take an hour just to get your main dish. Personally this place is such a letdown I would not bother going, but you’re going to need to move that reservation up at least 30 minutes if you want to be assured of getting out by 9 amd with a party of eight I would probably move it up to 630

I called yesterday and tried to move us up with no luck. We'd have to move it up by more than three hours. I'm going to run it by my group, but I imagine we're going to take our chances staying where we are. Maybe we'll get there early and see if that helps. :/

We are F&W first timers, planning to be there on Friday Sept 20. and Sat. Sept 21. Couple of questions if you don't mind...

I have heard that WS gets crazy busy on the weekend, but I'm hedging my bets against SWGE (avoid like the plague on Sat!) and keeping AK for our last days to ensure we got FOP, and trying to schedule MK days on non party days (We will attend MNSSHP, but not use a full days ticket). It just worked out for us to sandwich Epcot in between all that. Are there any threads with pictures of weekend crowds during F&W?

Other than the little crowd anxiety, we are very much looking forward to trying some of the kiosks and just enjoying the vibe. We have gone during the F&G twice and just loved soaking in the ambiance and taking in the gorgeous views. The one thing my DD10 still talks about from our last trip (she was only 5! ) is Fruishi. Based on what I've been reading, that is only available during the F&G. Can anyone confirm?

Not related to the F&W, but I was really sad to see the berry croissant bread pudding is no longer on the menu at Sunshine Seasons. I've been craving it for 5 years! :P Anyone have a recommendation for breakfast/brunch at Epcot? :D

What is the easiest way to pay during F&W at the kiosk? I found some of the popcorn stands were unable to take the magic band or gc.

We are F&W first timers, planning to be there on Friday Sept 20. and Sat. Sept 21. Couple of questions if you don't mind...

I have heard that WS gets crazy busy on the weekend, but I'm hedging my bets against SWGE (avoid like the plague on Sat!) and keeping AK for our last days to ensure we got FOP, and trying to schedule MK days on non party days (We will attend MNSSHP, but not use a full days ticket). It just worked out for us to sandwich Epcot in between all that. Are there any threads with pictures of weekend crowds during F&W?

Other than the little crowd anxiety, we are very much looking forward to trying some of the kiosks and just enjoying the vibe. We have gone during the F&G twice and just loved soaking in the ambiance and taking in the gorgeous views. The one thing my DD10 still talks about from our last trip (she was only 5! ) is Fruishi. Based on what I've been reading, that is only available during the F&G. Can anyone confirm?

Not related to the F&W, but I was really sad to see the berry croissant bread pudding is no longer on the menu at Sunshine Seasons. I've been craving it for 5 years! :P Anyone have a recommendation for breakfast/brunch at Epcot? :D
I loved Garden Grill breakfast of you want a sit down, and the French bistro is delicious and opens at 9am.

I haven’t been to F&W either yet, but there is no way I’d go on a Saturday based on what I’ve read over the years, and my travel party. I have 2 kids and 2 grandparents with us - I don’t want to be in the midst of a frat party atmosphere with either of them (if it was just my husband and I, I’d try it). I’m sure everyone’s experiences are different but I read too many negative Facebook posts about people’s behavior and just the crowd levels on Saturdays because so many locals go then, too. That being said, if it was my only day to go, I’d hit the booths right at 11am.

Also, I love MK on party days! Seriously, the crowd levels are so different. Do you have park hoppers? We rope drop MK on party days then hop somewhere else for dinner and the nighttime show. And vice versa - we have to see HEA, so we rope drop another park then hop over to MK for fireworks.

If you have to go on a weekend, I'd go as early as possible on Sat, like being there at 11AM when it opens and leaving by 2PM or so. Sunday might be a bit better for the late afternoon, early evening time, but not too much.

Frushi is at Flower & Garden, not Food & Wine.

Here is one I took in 2012 and it was a Saturday:

Also, I love MK on party days! Seriously, the crowd levels are so different. Do you have park hoppers? We rope drop MK on party days then hop somewhere else for dinner and the nighttime show. And vice versa - we have to see HEA, so we rope drop another park then hop over to MK for fireworks.

Thats what we are planning on doing.....have never done a party day at mk but we have hoppers for the first time :) just curious what park do u usually hop from to see HeA

I loved Garden Grill breakfast of you want a sit down, and the French bistro is delicious and opens at 9am.

I haven’t been to F&W either yet, but there is no way I’d go on a Saturday based on what I’ve read over the years, and my travel party. I have 2 kids and 2 grandparents with us - I don’t want to be in the midst of a frat party atmosphere with either of them (if it was just my husband and I, I’d try it). I’m sure everyone’s experiences are different but I read too many negative Facebook posts about people’s behavior and just the crowd levels on Saturdays because so many locals go then, too. That being said, if it was my only day to go, I’d hit the booths right at 11am.

Thanks for the breakfast reccommendations! I'll look into those! We don't have park hoppers. Budget- wise, it was either PH or the MNSSHP tickets, and we have 2 full days at MK besides that. I think our plan is to go early and hit our must-do's in FW, be in WS by 11:00 - 11:30 (FEA FP at 12:15pm) , stay a couple of hours and then retreat to the resort for some pool time. I can't imagine any of my party complaining about that! :P I, personally, am a go-go-go open to close parks person, but my DH and kids are not. It kind of forces me to give them a break! LOL!

If you have to go on a weekend, I'd go as early as possible on Sat, like being there at 11AM when it opens and leaving by 2PM or so. Sunday might be a bit better for the late afternoon, early evening time, but not too much.

Frushi is at Flower & Garden, not Food & Wine.

That's the plan we have (tentatively). We are also at EP on Friday. I'm sure the crowds will increase that evening, but that's the night we plan to catch Illuminations. DD will be disappointed about the fruishi, but I'm sure we can find one or two other things there she'll love. She just discovered Werther's candies and I told her about Caramel Kuche. :D I can't wait to try that myself! Also Kaki Gori and all the yummy options from the F&W. So much food, so little stomach 😂

What is the easiest way to pay during F&W at the kiosk? I found some of the popcorn stands were unable to take the magic band or gc.

That was in the past. At Flower & Garden this year, you could use Gift Cards and MagicBands at all the kiosks, including the Joffrey's kiosks. I also used the same at four or five of the regular snack kiosks for bottled water with no issue. In prior years, there certainly were challenges.

And to actually answer your question, gift cards are the easiest because you don't have to enter your pin code.

I agree that the gift cards are probably the easiest to pay with. No need to enter a code as you do with magic band and can have around your wrist vs. having to dig in your wallet for a credit card or cash. I'll just caution that there were times last year, typically when lightning was in the area, where they had to shut down some of the outdoor registers at some booths (it wasn't across the board) and it was cash only for a brief period until the storm cleared or whatever the issue was resolved (technical issues including issues with magic bands are not unheard of). So I always make sure I have some cash with me, just in case.

Thats what we are planning on doing.....have never done a party day at mk but we have hoppers for the first time :) just curious what park do u usually hop from to see HeA
Depends on the day of the week, it’ll we hop from any park. For example on our next trip we’ll be at Epcot morning through dinner then monorail over to MK for fireworks. We hop every day so we’ll see Illuminations another night.

Being a local I almost always go on a Saturday or Sunday. Yes there are a lot of people, but frat atmosphere? I wouldn't go that far. There are groups with their drink around the world t shirts but it's not like they're causing fights or spilling drinks on people. With that being said, lines tend to be shorter during the week. A two minute wait during the week can be 15 minute wait on the weekend depending on the booth. The lines tend to increase after about 1 pm

Do they still do the cast member preview the night before the official opening day?

We have 2 Epcot days planned for our trip and I was hoping to do one day before F&W and the other day during F&W.

I planned to go to Epcot 8/28, but have heard in past years, they have done a CM preview of F&W that day which can get crowded/wild 😆

My only other option to get in before F&W would be 8/27, but then I would lose my FoP fastpasses.

So long story short, will there be a CM preview on 8/28?

@2xcited2sleep Something tells me you aren't interested in an AP button or a magnet this year
Definitely not a button. I just have no use for those. But I think the magnets are cute. I'm hoping they do something beyond the magnet, though. I thought the cutting board last year was really cute or have liked the glasses in prior years.

Do they still do the cast member preview the night before the official opening day?

We have 2 Epcot days planned for our trip and I was hoping to do one day before F&W and the other day during F&W.

I planned to go to Epcot 8/28, but have heard in past years, they have done a CM preview of F&W that day which can get crowded/wild 😆

My only other option to get in before F&W would be 8/27, but then I would lose my FoP fastpasses.

So long story short, will there be a CM preview on 8/28?

I don't believe they've done a preview in the last several years, unfortunately.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter