2019: Christmas lasts forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Callsdodisney

Mouseketeer
I’ve been in the parks since 1/10. Christmas decor is still up! I thought perhaps it would all come down Sunday night when the marathon was over, but HS was still fully decorated (and playing Christmas music!) today.

I’ve seen people ask when it came down and it was always earlier than this, so I was surprised to see it!

We just got back, and I really wanted it to go away. Having Caribbean inspired Christmas music piped through CBR was too much.

We did notice on Sunday that Toy Story Land had taken down the Christmas decorations - Woody lost his scarf. I was really surprised it was still up this late

We go for marathon every year and the Christmas decorations are usually still up, so we weren't surprised. However, this year we noticed HS had Christmas music playing throughout the park, pretty loudly. After a few hours it was really annoying, to us, I'm sure some loved it though. We were there the middle of December for Christmas events so I was over it! We have some friends that stayed over today and went to MK and the decorations were still up there as well. I'm interested to to see when they finally take everything down.

I'm going this weekend, and have always wanted to see/experience Disney for Christmas. However, I don't think it'd have the same feeling now. The first week of January ok, but now I wouldn't really enjoy it as much.

I believe I have been to Disney in the past on MLK weekend, and some of the decorations are still up. Just to give people some history...

Epcot Xmas tree near entrance to World Show case was first to go in first week of January (though other decorations remained up), but all the other parks, even resorts, have been taking their time.

Did anyone see if the Christmas dishes, bowls, etc are still there? And still on sale? I wanted to purchase a few more the next time I go and I wondered if they were still buy 1 get one half price? Or maybe at the outlet?? Any help would be appreciated!

Epcot Xmas tree near entrance to World Show case was first to go in first week of January (though other decorations remained up), but all the other parks, even resorts, have been taking their time.

Just FYI, the Epcot tree is removed pre-New Years Eve every year as to not impact NYE fireworks viewing. We were in Epcot on 12/29 or 12/30 (I need to go check which date to confirm) and it was down already.

I think it is worse having them up so early in November! Liturgically I think the Christmas season starts Dec 24 and goes until at least Jan 6.

I loved that the Christmas stuff was still up last week! Christmas season goes until at least January 6 (12 Days of Christmas) and my tree stays up through the Baptism of the Lord on January 13!

I didn’t notice anything last week, but I forgot to look to be honest. I was hoping before my trip to notice things but I didn’t.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter