2018 Princess Half Marathon

OH, see, I would rejoice if there was a no-castle version of the course. Since I'm slow and this year got slower (stupid injuries), I'm not running through the castle (though I try to), I'm moseying (because of people around me) and being blocked everywhere by people taking selfies and aren't noticing that there are photopass people set up specifically for photos in front of the castle! Going through the castle is, for me, the most maddening part of the course. And considering that you basically go from there to cone alley, oh that is a long bout of severe irritation for me. :)

haha I'm slow enough that there wasn't much going on by the time I got to the castle last time

I want to echo that Sleeping Beauty with a Maleficent aspect would be probably be my ideal combo!!

oooooohhhhhh that would be AWESOME

I'm a complete newbie to RunDisney. I missed the 10K AP early registration, so I registered for the 5K and I'm hoping to get into the 10K tomorrow!

When I registered for the 5K it gave an option to preorder merchandise. How exactly does this work? I know I'll want some merchandise but I can't see myself ordering without knowing what it looks like or how clothing items will fit. Am I missing something? Does merchandise sell out quickly if not preordered?

Thank you in advance!

When I registered for the 5K it gave an option to preorder merchandise. How exactly does this work? I know I'll want some merchandise but I can't see myself ordering without knowing what it looks like or how clothing items will fit. Am I missing something? Does merchandise sell out quickly if not preordered?

You're missing nothing except the fact that Disney does these things and we fall for them. They don't tell you what the bundles are or what the jackets look like, and we order them. You pick them up at the expo. The jackets seem to tend to run small. They don't generally match the sizing of the included shirts OR of the shirts for sale through rundisney at the expo.

The merchandise you get by blind ordering is generally different than what you get in the rundisney merchandise section of the expo (except, in the past, the shoe ornaments, which are items that I personally do not comprehend *at all*). Yes the pre-orders sell out.

I haven't yet ordered anything but pins. Then I stopped ordering pins because I do nothing with them, and even DH and DS do nothing with them. One of their Light Side 5K pins has been sitting in the exact same spot on the coffee table, still on the backing, since we got home from the race this year. And it's not sitting in some pride of place where they can look at it...it's just randomly there. So I order nothing like that now.

But many others do! :)

Seems there's a pretty healthy secondary market for pre-orders that either don't fit or you don't like, so there's always hope if you don't want the items. They used to allow returns, but it doesn't seem they do anymore.

@Livelovedance I have pre-ordered the jackets in the past (and intend to do so again for Dopey this January). I love them! But then I also like surprises! They do tend to run small though. In race shirts I am definitely a small, but my jackets are Medium and they fit "snug". And by jacket what you are getting is more of Fall level coverage. I could never wear them to run in the winter.

I've never registered for a Disney race before, so this should be interesting. I do have a couple of questions if anyone can help. First - do I just go to the RunDisney website? I'm assuming once it's live there will be a link under registration? I do have an active membership so I'll make sure I have that ready.

Also - I've heard about the travel partner packages - will those show up once the race is officially open? I see the information on the page, but no links/detailed information as to who they are. What are the benefits or downfalls of booking through them? I will have an AP (don't yet) at that time so I won't need park tickets, but I will definitely need a room. I know I can book a room on my own, but I just wondered if there was a benefit or a downfall to booking through them. Aka - does it cost more?

I'm wondering just how crazy this might be today. I'm glad I don't have any meetings scheduled at noon - I just hope that I'm able to get registered. I'd love to do the challenge and maybe 5K. I'll admit I'm nervous because it's so far away and you can't defer if something happens, as well as it's in the winter, and I don't typically train as well through the winter. Still though - it's a bucket list item of mine and I just want to try! I've run lots of half marathons in the past, but I have a feeling Disney will be very different.

We definitely have--it's pretty crazy :) My kids are thrilled with the whole thing lol.

We definitely need to have them make a special medal for this. I'm going to write them about it. Seriously lol!

I hope you guys do a trip report for that too! I can't wait to hear all about it.

DD wants to do a Disney race challenge now that she has finished a half. I'm leaning towards Princess, but I'm still undecided and I'm not sure I want to spend that much today with Tink coming up next weekend. I'm thinking I will take the chance and wait until after and register with a TA.

What DD would really like to do is the Kessel Challenge, but I'm really not sure I want to spend that much for the two of us.

She did come home from Dark Side and start right back up with her training, so that makes me happy!

I've never registered for a Disney race before, so this should be interesting. I do have a couple of questions if anyone can help. First - do I just go to the RunDisney website? I'm assuming once it's live there will be a link under registration? I do have an active membership so I'll make sure I have that ready.

[...]

I'm wondering just how crazy this might be today. I'm glad I don't have any meetings scheduled at noon - I just hope that I'm able to get registered. I'd love to do the challenge and maybe 5K. I'll admit I'm nervous because it's so far away and you can't defer if something happens, as well as it's in the winter, and I don't typically train as well through the winter. Still though - it's a bucket list item of mine and I just want to try! I've run lots of half marathons in the past, but I have a feeling Disney will be very different.

RunDisney usually posts the link somewhere before it actually goes live which gives you more time to plan. I get punchy and refresh constantly about 5 minutes beforehand. I've never registered for this particular race but my experience is that if you have everything ready by noon and are sitting at your desk ready to go, you won't have an issue. I'm pretty sure the 5k is the fastest to sell out. My strategy is to have two active.com accounts using two separate emails. Then I navigate both pages at the same time to register for the challenge on one account and the 5k on the other. I've had no issue with registration or packet pickup using this method, just make sure you have the same name and info on both accounts.

Good luck all!! I really wish, I was registering, but I can't justify it without knowing the theme, so I'll play the waiting game and maybe get in later, through a TA.

Also - I've heard about the travel partner packages - will those show up once the race is officially open? I see the information on the page, but no links/detailed information as to who they are. What are the benefits or downfalls of booking through them? I will have an AP (don't yet) at that time so I won't need park tickets, but I will definitely need a room. I know I can book a room on my own, but I just wondered if there was a benefit or a downfall to booking through them. Aka - does it cost more?

The link to register will appear at the top of the Princess page where it says EMAIL SIGNUP in the blue box. It'll say register.

No real advantage of TA unless there aren't bibs on active. You'll have to pay for package including ticket and can get refunded if you have AP.

No idea how crazy, this is my first Princess. Got my mom and I in on AP day which was a cluster. Trying for 2 5ks and a half today for the other 3 in our group...

Oh wow...I'm super excited this morning! First-timer to runDisney here as well. Newbie to the running hobby as well (began following Galloway run/walk/run plan a few months back). Signed up for a 5k next month and hoping to score a bib for the Princess 10k for 2018! Sending lots of pixie dust to all the hopefuls out there this afternoon! Fingers crossed for everyone to get the races they want. :)

The link to register will appear at the top of the Princess page where it says EMAIL SIGNUP in the blue box. It'll say register.

No real advantage of TA unless there aren't bibs on active. You'll have to pay for package including ticket and can get refunded if you have AP.

No idea how crazy, this is my first Princess. Got my mom and I in on AP day which was a cluster. Trying for 2 5ks and a half today for the other 3 in our group...

Thank you! I think I'm going to go with Acclaim only because they still offer the ability to cancel/defer, and that's important to me. Hopefully it works out - it does make me nervous I don't get a definite "you are in" right away but I know that they are a Disney "partner", so I'm guessing it will go ok.

So exciting!

They threw me off! The blue Register button is on the PHM page, but the site doesn't load.

Do you folks think there will be space today around 6 est? I'm at work and can't register for 12.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter